Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Galatea

Lol, I need some explaining for the abbrevs....ap is advanced placement but what is GT?

grand torino? grand tourismo? grand theft auto :p ?
Gifted and Talented, the people with genius or near genius IQs. Some students in the gifted and talented program are not geniuses, but are highly creative, so are also accepted under that umbrella. People do not know this, but gifted and talented students are also part of the special education program. Unfortunately, they are an underserved population of students. Many times, the gifted and talented students get neglected, because it is assumed they will do well no matter what type of instruction they receive.

razor17

Aug 16, 2017
What are some of these battery saving apps you mentioned?

I could use a few of them.
one of those launchers called APUS launcher makes your android look any way (icons, wallpaper, app page switcher (i.e. cube mode, simple left/right swipe, swipe up/down to bring up the app icons etc... anyway...it has like a billion downloads and is very popular....but the best part is the home screen you swipe left and it has a boost mode which turns off battery draining apps (unused/idle ones) and give your phone a performance boost.....

of course the alternative is to disable google play all together ( which runs constantly in the background anyway draining batt)....and use a 3rd party app store like 1 mobile or even just download the apk manually and sideload/update the apps this way (what i usually do if I have access to my computer and IDM downloader)....it saves time and bandwith/data on a mobile phone doing it this way....(not to mention batt drain due to always on wifi required to download most apps.....

also c cleaner is good for your mobile.....it's had some recent issues though so just read up on it as some people claim its been hacked by malware?? anyway its task killer and cookie cleaner is very good at boosting your phone and killing apps.....

also its good to declutter your app's that are redundant....for example I tried out several bible apps and settled on BLB bible (tecarta is also good) and deleted all the other apps that were redundant....like hymn book apps I deleted to only 2 verseview and hymn lyrics.....a lot of the task killers advertise a ton of "features" but its really just full of adds and nothing worthwhile....

also i disable apps I never use like google books, google movies, google music....there are just tons of better apps than google's simpleton apps....

Addison

Jun 28, 2014
Soooooo...did I just kill my own favorite thread on this site?

*Awkwardly backs away*

Oooooookeeeeeyyyyy-doooooooookeeeeeeeyyyyyy...
I didn't know that was your favorite thread.

Sorry. :(

Maybe I'll start a new and less improved one in the coming days.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Hmm... razor you might want to mention those things require rooting your phone, something normal end-users don't usually do... and something that voids your warranty.

Addison

Jun 28, 2014
Hmm... razor you might want to mention those things require rooting your phone, something normal end-users don't usually do... and something that voids your warranty.
My tablet is rooted, so at least for me, he gave off great ideas that I didn't know.

But yeah, try and focus next time when you post, Razor. :p

Aug 2, 2009
I tried to root my tablet once... Now it is an expensive paperweight. :( (true story)

razor17

Aug 16, 2017
I tried to root my tablet once... Now it is an expensive paperweight. :( (true story)
maybe you just soft-bricked it? if it still turns on and goes to the android reset/ nan-droid backup page (with android belly open with gears showing) you may be able to salvage it...otherwise if nothing comes on screen except black well you could still potentially save it but it requires a lot of "hacking" using adb drivers (android to pc connection drivers)....

what is the OS version android 4 (jelly bean, ICS etc, kitkat etc... or newer like 7 (nougat) or 8 (oreo)

razor17

Aug 16, 2017
Actually all of those things don't require root.....I do not have a rooted Asus Tablet and am able to do all those things....all you have to do is click the android kernel version 7-10 times repeatedly until android gives you "developer mode/admin rights" then you can turn off or on anything you want.....then I just click the checkbox in settings for "install from unknown sources" it gives a warning which I click OK I understand....and then it goes away....tada....developer/admin options without root.....

Aug 2, 2009
Is there nothing to be done? It seems to me that you should be able to reinstall Android onto it.
maybe you just soft-bricked it? if it still turns on and goes to the android reset/ nan-droid backup page (with android belly open with gears showing) you may be able to salvage it...otherwise if nothing comes on screen except black well you could still potentially save it but it requires a lot of "hacking" using adb drivers (android to pc connection drivers)....
what is the OS version android 4 (jelly bean, ICS etc, kitkat etc... or newer like 7 (nougat) or 8 (oreo)
It won't even start. All I see is the logo for a few seconds then nothing (if I remember correctly). Its a samsung galaxy 7.0 tab. I tried using the buttons to reset it too. No response.

At least I got 3 years of use out of it. I only tried to root it because it was so agonizingly slow and whenever I tried to stop all the background processes they would just slowly restart themselves so it was no use. :p

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2016
Singapore
abigail.pro
I might have helped that thread go downhill as well. I feel guilty for somehow supporting it, totally not thinking about the minor involved. Glad you had it taken down.

You posted an image of a bottle of wine, with two glasses, on a bed of roses, seeking the attention of a minor here.

You also continued on with your affections for her.

That was not at all what the spirit of the thread intended.

It just became far too cringy and I didn't want to have any part in the direction this was taking.

So yeah, I asked a mod to fully delete it all. :(

razor17

Aug 16, 2017
It won't even start. All I see is the logo for a few seconds then nothing (if I remember correctly). Its a samsung galaxy 7.0 tab. I tried using the buttons to reset it too. No response.

At least I got 3 years of use out of it. I only tried to root it because it was so agonizingly slow and whenever I tried to stop all the background processes they would just slowly restart themselves so it was no use. :p
Ah yea....sammy's are a pain in the rear to work with....I hate samsung...all the devices I bought from them (printers, phones, smartphones) always have very low shelf life....within 1-2 years break or are completely useless...plus sam won't give free software upgrades like huawei or nokia does....so I ditched the sammy's and swore never to buy another one of their products...to this day I haven't....you would think s. korea being a great tech hub like japan and china would put out good durable products but alas they do not....not to mention their CEO is also in hot water for fraud in S. korea........hmm.....

Aug 2, 2009
Ah yea....sammy's are a pain in the rear to work with....I hate samsung...all the devices I bought from them (printers, phones, smartphones) always have very low shelf life....within 1-2 years break or are completely useless...plus sam won't give free software upgrades like huawei or nokia does....so I ditched the sammy's and swore never to buy another one of their products...to this day I haven't....you would think s. korea being a great tech hub like japan and china would put out good durable products but alas they do not....not to mention their CEO is also in hot water for fraud in S. korea........hmm.....
Yea, I thought my tablet was a great deal when I first got it, but after I learned that you can't uninstall all the junk software they put on there and how you don't really get as much memory as they advertised, etc... I saw what a bum deal it really was. I won't buy another samsung tablet again either... I don't even have a use for one now anyway.

razor17

Aug 16, 2017
Yea, I thought my tablet was a great deal when I first got it, but after I learned that you can't uninstall all the junk software they put on there and how you don't really get as much memory as they advertised, etc... I saw what a bum deal it really was. I won't buy another samsung tablet again either... I don't even have a use for one now anyway.
yea go with huawei or nokia ....esp huawei...man those phones are a bit heavier but they are built with quality you can feel! Worth the price at nearly 1/4 the price of a new gen iphone...and can do all the things it can plus won't go out of date after 2yrs like most IOS devices are made to do....

android devices are very good if you maintain them they can last a solid 5 years or so until google drops support.....android 4.1 is losing support later this next year when they come out with android P but still 5yrs on android vs 2 yrs on apple is still a better bang for your buck....

T

toinena

Sounds to me like it doesn't charge properly. Have you checked if the micro usb port is intact or tried different chargers?

Aug 2, 2009
Sounds to me like it doesn't charge properly. Have you checked if the micro usb port is intact or tried different chargers?
I tried it while plugged in. It had full battery too. What I'm pretty sure happened is that I used the wrong root version for my tablet. There are several root (jailbreak) versions for the same model and brand of tablet, and using the wrong one can render it useless. Sometimes a tablet can be reset back to factory after using the wrong version, but sometimes it can't. Mine couldn't be reset or even get to the screen where resetting was possible. I also tried booting with 2 of the buttons pressed which is supposed to reset it but that didn't work either.

razor17

Aug 16, 2017
I tried it while plugged in. It had full battery too. What I'm pretty sure happened is that I used the wrong root version for my tablet. There are several root (jailbreak) versions for the same model and brand of tablet, and using the wrong one can render it useless. Sometimes a tablet can be reset back to factory after using the wrong version, but sometimes it can't. Mine couldn't be reset or even get to the screen where resetting was possible. I also tried booting with 2 of the buttons pressed which is supposed to reset it but that didn't work either.
why not sell it for parts then? A lot of people would give you $20-30 for a proper non cracked working screen with touch sensor included....on ebay or even amazon....

also depending on the specs, you can take the wifi/bluetooth card out of it and put it in your laptop to have bluetooth or better wifi ....

Aug 2, 2009
why not sell it for parts then? A lot of people would give you $20-30 for a proper non cracked working screen with touch sensor included....on ebay or even amazon....

also depending on the specs, you can take the wifi/bluetooth card out of it and put it in your laptop to have bluetooth or better wifi ....
I actually replaced the screen on it because i dropped it once. It would be difficult to remove without breaking it and it wouldn't be spotless anymore like when I got it. The wifi reception on it really sucked lol.