Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
My grandmother was known to say that she was tired of telling everyone she was 39 year after year. So this year she would change it. She would tell people she was 38. :D
"Grandma, how old are you?"
"39 and holding, dear."
"Oh... How old would you be if you let go?"

(In a courtroom)
"Madam, would you please tell the court your age? And I remind you, you are under oath."
"39 and a few months."
"How many months?"
"106..."

M

MissCris

I’ve come here to post probably five different times inthe last week only to discover words are pretty useless. But tonight, as I was falling asleep, I had this massive anxiety attack while thinking about the concert I’m going to in AUGUST, and I realized maybe words are the solution.

I’m not anxious about the concert, really. Unless you count the mostly irrational fear of being surrounded by people. No, that’s not the problem.

The problem is, stuff keeps changing. I lost my grandpa and a chicken in the same week, and while those losses are on opposite ends of the spectrum, neither were exactly happy events. Last week, I had my cat put to sleep. I spent 14 years hating that cat, and then I spent an entire morning crying that she was gone.

The problem is, walking pneumonia. My whole family has it. We’re finally getting better, and I’m praying this is the last of the sickness in our house for a long time, because this winter has been exhausting.

The problem is, there’s a very real chance that we may be moving across the country before fall. But first we get to play the waiting game to find out for sure. Makes it hard to go about life like normal when I don’t want to start anything I’ll just have to leave behind.

The problem is, my son has made friends with the only three kids in his school who come from...rough...families. I don’t mind that part- these kids are great. It’s more that they are clearly not being taken care of properly that’s bothering me. They come to our house to play, and they’re polite and well behaved but some of the comments they make break my heart. Things like they wish they lived here, or there’s no point going home because their mom wouldn’t be there anyway. So somehow, in just the last month, I gained three extra kids to worry about. I treat them the same as my own kids and have them help me with yard work and talk about their day.

I feel...off kilter. Like all these things and more are going on and I don’t know which one to focus on and even if I did...when? And what do I do about it? I feel as incapable of dealing with everything as I did about catching all eight of my chickens the day they got out and terrorized the neighborhood like a bunch of feathered, egg-laying thugs. All I could do was wait for them to come home in the evening.

Maybe this is all like that- maybe I just have to wait for it all to start sorting itself out like my gang of chickens did.

Last edited by a moderator:

EarnestQ

Apr 28, 2016
I’ve come here to post probably five different times inthe last week only to discover words are pretty useless. But tonight, as I was falling asleep, I had this massive anxiety attack while thinking about the concert I’m going to in AUGUST, and I realized maybe words are the solution.

I’m not anxious about the concert, really. Unless you count the mostly irrational fear of being surrounded by people. No, that’s not the problem.

The problem is, stuff keeps changing. I lost my grandpa and a chicken in the same week, and while those losses are on opposite ends of the spectrum, neither were exactly happy events. Last week, I had my cat put to sleep. I spent 14 years hating that cat, and then I spent an entire morning crying that she was gone.

The problem is, walking pneumonia. My whole family has it. We’re finally getting better, and I’m praying this is the last of the sickness in our house for a long time, because this winter has been exhausting.

The problem is, there’s a very real chance that we may be moving across the country before fall. But first we get to play the waiting game to find out for sure. Makes it hard to go about life like normal when I don’t want to start anything I’ll just have to leave behind.

The problem is, my son has made friends with the only three kids in his school who come from...rough...families. I don’t mind that part- these kids are great. It’s more that they are clearly not being taken care of properly that’s bothering me. They come to our house to play, and they’re polite and well behaved but some of the comments they make break my heart. Things like they wish they lived here, or there’s no point going home because their mom wouldn’t be there anyway. So somehow, in just the last month, I gained three extra kids to worry about. I treat them the same as my own kids and have them help me with yard work and talk about their day.

I feel...off kilter. Like all these things and more are going on and I don’t know which one to focus on and even if I did...when? And what do I do about it? I feel as incapable of dealing with everything as I did about catching all eight of my chickens the day they got out and terrorized the neighborhood like a bunch of feathered, egg-laying thugs. All I could do was wait for them to come home in the evening.

Maybe this is all like that- maybe I just have to wait for it all to start sorting itself out like my gang of chickens did.
I wish I had something pithy and life changing to say. But all I can do is acknowledge that it must be tough and offer my prayers and encouragement.

T

toinena

I am sorry to hear about your struggles. And, although I don't share your story, I feel somehow the same. The waiting. For a thing to happen. Or not.

For me it wasn't a death this week, but hopes that got crushed. And the other hopes depending on the first ones. And then I think I have been waiting in vain for that job I have been waiting for for 7! years. It was so close.... and again crushed. Should I start looking for other jobs? I did, but nothing felt suitable. I even met up with a carreer counsellor. And he said... good job, you are brave and have the right spirit. And then he touch my shoulder and said I shouldn't give up hope! Yeah. Right. How many more slaps in my face can I take?

I feel empty and in some kind of no-mans-territory, and I feel you share that same feeling. And I also feel... "God. Enough. Can't you grant me just one miracle to make things abit easier? "

J

Jennie-Mae

I am sorry to hear about your struggles. And, although I don't share your story, I feel somehow the same. The waiting. For a thing to happen. Or not.

For me it wasn't a death this week, but hopes that got crushed. And the other hopes depending on the first ones. And then I think I have been waiting in vain for that job I have been waiting for for 7! years. It was so close.... and again crushed. Should I start looking for other jobs? I did, but nothing felt suitable. I even met up with a carreer counsellor. And he said... good job, you are brave and have the right spirit. And then he touch my shoulder and said I shouldn't give up hope! Yeah. Right. How many more slaps in my face can I take?

I feel empty and in some kind of no-mans-territory, and I feel you share that same feeling. And I also feel... "God. Enough. Can't you grant me just one miracle to make things abit easier? "
Hei og takk for sist. Vet ikke om du husker meg, har ikke vært på her på lenge. Uansett, jeg skjønner hvordan du føler det, har vært der selv, siden jeg ikke er norsk. Fikk lenge høre at jeg bare kunne glemme å søke jobb så lenge jeg hadde sånn fæl aksent. Jeg måtte lære å si «R», sa de. Selvtilliten min fikk seg mange knekker den gangen, og jeg vet ikke om det helt går over noen gang.

Jeg skal be for deg:).

T

toinena

Hei og takk for sist. Vet ikke om du husker meg, har ikke vært på her på lenge. Uansett, jeg skjønner hvordan du føler det, har vært der selv, siden jeg ikke er norsk. Fikk lenge høre at jeg bare kunne glemme å søke jobb så lenge jeg hadde sånn fæl aksent. Jeg måtte lære å si «R», sa de. Selvtilliten min fikk seg mange knekker den gangen, og jeg vet ikke om det helt går over noen gang.

Jeg skal be for deg:).
Jo visst husker jeg deg.

Nordmenn skal være så j... lig tolerante og inkluderende men kom ikke her å tro du kan få jobb hvis du ikke er "innafor" enten du er utlending eller funksjonshemma.

I'll pray for you, too. Jobmarket here for immigrants are difficult when you are not in IT, pharmacy or in the low status jobs as a cleaner, personal assistant or bin man.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
There are times when I truly wish I could become a vegetarian.

Tonight would be one of them.

The chicken I thawed out for dinner has very clear puncture marks on the surface from where the feathers were plucked... Yuck. I don't like being reminded that my food was once running around, pecking in the dirt.

Unfortunately, my system seems to be a protein hog and I can't get enough of it unless I include a few critters in my diet.

I just find it more appetizing when they're a bit unrecognizable.

J

Jennie-Mae

There are times when I truly wish I could become a vegetarian.

Tonight would be one of them.

The chicken I thawed out for dinner has very clear puncture marks on the surface from where the feathers were plucked... Yuck. I don't like being reminded that my food was once running around, pecking in the dirt.

Unfortunately, my system seems to be a protein hog and I can't get enough of it unless I include a few critters in my diet.

I just find it more appetizing when they're a bit unrecognizable.
Chicken is just gross.

What about meatloaf? That’s kinda unrecognizable;).

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Chicken is just gross.

What about meatloaf? That’s kinda unrecognizable;).
Oh no she didn't!!! :p

*Seoulsearch rolls up her sleeves and prepares to write another 8-page thread about the Hidden Dangers of Meatloaf to Our Modern Society*

J

Jennie-Mae

Oh no she didn't!!! :p

*Seoulsearch rolls up her sleeves and prepares to write another 8-page thread about the Hidden Dangers of Meatloaf to Our Modern Society*
I can’t remember whether I was pro meatloaf or not lol.

L

LittleMermaid

So Aaron Carter sang this song back in the year 2000. He was like 12 years old. Now he sang it again at 30. It's so cute!

[video=youtube;GSXpQjBsB5c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSXpQjBsB5c[/video]

L

loverofjesus27

Its alright to be sober. Its a good feeling.

Socreta93

Jul 28, 2015
So today 4/20 I'm very high...high on the Philadelphia 76ers. I believe they are going to the finals to face the Rockets.

J

Jennie-Mae

Hey y’all:)

It’s morning over here, 9:38AM, and it’s sunny but cold. If I’d pick a guess I’d say just above freezing. The birds are singing and it’s actually a real nice morning.

The snow is still with us, but it’s in decline. I sure hope it’ll disappear before long.

Summer, please, come!:p

EarnestQ

Apr 28, 2016
Hey y’all:)

It’s morning over here, 9:38AM, and it’s sunny but cold. If I’d pick a guess I’d say just above freezing. The birds are singing and it’s actually a real nice morning.

The snow is still with us, but it’s in decline. I sure hope it’ll disappear before long.

Summer, please, come!:p

Where in the world are you?

T

toinena

She is in the most beautiful country of them all, I believe....