Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

FENNER2

Apr 21, 2018
What happens if he wears the sneakers?
Nothing and I would say 15 out of 40 kids wore sneakers tonight. It was a 25 minute ceremony. It was nice but sneakers did not ruin the ceremony.

FENNER2

Apr 21, 2018
Oh and he decided to wear a pair of his Dad's dress shoes, they looked good. He had a polo shirt on and looked as miserable as 35 of the other hormonal pre teens who ean

M

MissCris

Two years ago, I decided I needed a little patio in the middle of the vegetable garden. I happened to have a mountain of cinder blocks (you can see them back there a little ways behind the patio) and a lot of time on my hands, and before too long, I had (mostly) leveled a spot and started throwing the blocks down and setting them. Last year, I added little walls to the corners and built a thing (I don't know what to call it) to create some shade, and painted, and planted things, and it was quite nice-

18893058_10209775928295182_6934162030540220601_n.jpg

Last fall, I dismantled the shade...thing...and turned it into window trim and porch railing.

Yesterday, I gave that spot away. My husband's Father's Day gift (for the next 20 years...) is a 12x16 shed where he can do his various hobbies. It's nice, it looks like a miniature old western saloon, with a porch and everything. He's going to set it up to run everything on solar power, which means the original spot we wanted to put it (in the middle of a bunch of trees) won't work. Apparently solar power requires sun light...go figure. So! I thought it over a while, told him the sunniest spot in the whole yard is right exactly where my patio is.

He said "Yes, but your patio is there."

I said, "Yes! But it can be moved."

He looked at me like I was crazy, and I can't argue that, and now I'll be spending a few days moving all the cinder blocks over to a shady spot off to the left of where this photo was taken.

And then we both win! I won't have to try to build shade, because I'll have trees, and he won't have to dig a trench and run cables from his shed to his solar panels because he'll have no trees. And if I don't think about the amount of spiders that are probably living inside the cinder blocks, everyone will be happy. Yay!

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
One word: Fumigate!

Two words: Bug bomb!

Three words: Gas them spiders!

Four words: Hose them dudes down!

Five words: Kill them before you go in!

M

MissCris

My son just randomly informed me that we have to stop drinking tea, because the more tea we drink, the more control the British have over Americans.

:unsure:

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
My son just randomly informed me that we have to stop drinking tea, because the more tea we drink, the more control the British have over Americans.

:unsure:
He must be studying about the Boston Tea party in school. Somethin' about taxation without representation.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Two years ago, I decided I needed a little patio in the middle of the vegetable garden. I happened to have a mountain of cinder blocks (you can see them back there a little ways behind the patio) and a lot of time on my hands, and before too long, I had (mostly) leveled a spot and started throwing the blocks down and setting them. Last year, I added little walls to the corners and built a thing (I don't know what to call it) to create some shade, and painted, and planted things, and it was quite nice-

View attachment 183501

Last fall, I dismantled the shade...thing...and turned it into window trim and porch railing.

Yesterday, I gave that spot away. My husband's Father's Day gift (for the next 20 years...) is a 12x16 shed where he can do his various hobbies. It's nice, it looks like a miniature old western saloon, with a porch and everything. He's going to set it up to run everything on solar power, which means the original spot we wanted to put it (in the middle of a bunch of trees) won't work. Apparently solar power requires sun light...go figure. So! I thought it over a while, told him the sunniest spot in the whole yard is right exactly where my patio is.

He said "Yes, but your patio is there."

I said, "Yes! But it can be moved."

He looked at me like I was crazy, and I can't argue that, and now I'll be spending a few days moving all the cinder blocks over to a shady spot off to the left of where this photo was taken.

And then we both win! I won't have to try to build shade, because I'll have trees, and he won't have to dig a trench and run cables from his shed to his solar panels because he'll have no trees. And if I don't think about the amount of spiders that are probably living inside the cinder blocks, everyone will be happy. Yay!
That's quite the Shangri-La you got going there.

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
My candidate lost last night :( Now we will either get an absolute horrible dem worse than the governor we already have, or a RINO who actually ran as a dem in chicago. Oh the humanity! :mad:

FENNER2

Apr 21, 2018
My candidate lost last night :( Now we will either get an absolute horrible dem worse than the governor we already have, or a RINO who actually ran as a dem in chicago. Oh the humanity! :mad:
Sorry, I live in the Democratic belt of the world, I feel your pain .

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
Sorry, I live in the Democratic belt of the world, I feel your pain .
Well at least they successfully recalled the senator here who was the deciding vote in passing the $52 billion dollar gas tax. :) Also, the judge who gave a super-lenient sentence to that college kid who raped a drunk college girl at a party got recalled too.

L

LittleMermaid

I just got a trophy on here. Yay! I am seriously likable...apparently.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
we bought a mic for my violin. we're gonna try it out tomorrow for service.

i'm excited. what we've been doing is putting a mic stand next to me for the violin, but i sway when i play, which i'm sure makes our sound guy frustrated lol.

T

toinena

we bought a mic for my violin. we're gonna try it out tomorrow for service.

i'm excited. what we've been doing is putting a mic stand next to me for the violin, but i sway when i play, which i'm sure makes our sound guy frustrated lol.
I think you have been swaying your way through worship on purpose, just to get that new mic ;-)