Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
This forum is deader than frozen chicken..

In such a case, your options are:

1. Do something to thaw the forum out. Come up with a thread idea that will draw so much attention and be so popular that it will draw everybody from all over the internet to this forum.

2. Find a different forum, one that has enough life to be suitable for your taste.

3. Find something else to do - read a book, watch a movie, take a nap, go for a bike ride, go skateboarding, listen to music, learn to play the piano... something, anything. (The preceding options for "Find something else to do" are arranged in order of decreasing popularity with the masses.)

4. Stay on the forum and live with it.

I'm going for option 4 because it takes the least mental and physical effort. Well, the nap would take even less effort, but aside from the nap, option 4 is the easiest.

T

toinena

I think this a reaction to the transistion to the new page, it is summer and people are busy elsewhere. And many are active in churches on Sundays. I think the activity gets up again when the chat is working properly and people are getting comfortable with this site.

Aug 2, 2009
In such a case, your options are:

1. Do something to thaw the forum out. Come up with a thread idea that will draw so much attention and be so popular that it will draw everybody from all over the internet to this forum.

2. Find a different forum, one that has enough life to be suitable for your taste.

3. Find something else to do - read a book, watch a movie, take a nap, go for a bike ride, go skateboarding, listen to music, learn to play the piano... something, anything. (The preceding options for "Find something else to do" are arranged in order of decreasing popularity with the masses.)

4. Stay on the forum and live with it.

I'm going for option 4 because it takes the least mental and physical effort. Well, the nap would take even less effort, but aside from the nap, option 4 is the easiest.
Or I can just jump into my sporty little convertible and drive my boredom away.... (y)

Aug 2, 2009
I think this a reaction to the transistion to the new page, it is summer and people are busy elsewhere. And many are active in churches on Sundays. I think the activity gets up again when the chat is working properly and people are getting comfortable with this site.
Nah, this place was often dead before the upgrade too.... Maybe I should post this under 'Things that are annoying that only I notice' lol

M

MissCris

I've had the weird opportunity in the last week to notice the way a few different people crack an egg. One person cracked it just like you'd see a chef do- total confidence, one handed, one shot, no problem. Another person tapped each egg several times lightly on the edge of the pan. And another had a good three false starts before finally bashing the egg against the counter edge and then picking pieces of shell out of the bowl.

All of this is completely unimportant. I'm just killing time in between moving the sprinkler around outside.

...I was the third person. I don't crack eggs, I destroy them.

Aug 2, 2009
Oh well... my little rendevouz with the open road has been cancelled due to this annoying headache that won't go away... :poop:

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I've had the weird opportunity in the last week to notice the way a few different people crack an egg. One person cracked it just like you'd see a chef do- total confidence, one handed, one shot, no problem. Another person tapped each egg several times lightly on the edge of the pan. And another had a good three false starts before finally bashing the egg against the counter edge and then picking pieces of shell out of the bowl.

All of this is completely unimportant. I'm just killing time in between moving the sprinkler around outside.

At w*rk we do "breakfast all day long" which is just as much a pain in the backside as you might think. I have become very good at the one-shot, one-handed egg cracking.

The eggs at w*rk are different than the eggs I get from a friend who raises chickens. My eggs at home don't crack like the eggs at w*rk. W*rk eggs are like store eggs, fragile shell, thin yolk. The eggs I have at home have much thicker shells and I pop them lightly on the counter and split them apart over the bowl with both hands.

One thing I found though, you don't mix those different kinds of eggs. If you are cracking a bunch of real eggs (real = the kind you get from a friend who raises chickens) and there happens to be a store egg in the bunch, if you don't notice and crack it the way you crack the other eggs... you will obliterate that dude.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
What? Yes of course I censor that w*rk word. That's a four letter cuss word y'know. :p

L

LittleMermaid

My grandmother got to see one of her best friends this past weekend! She had not seen her in over 6 years. This is a friend she has had since childhood. My aunts told me that they both cried when they saw one another. My grandmother is terminally ill right now. So this was a huge blessing for both of them.
Even though it's a difficult time for me...I am trying to focus on the blessings.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org

No, never crack the egg on a pan edge or counter edge. Instead use the flat of the counter that keeps the membrane inside the shell together so you won't have to pick out the shell.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Last night I did my first volunteer stint at the local youth centre. It's run by Christians but open to all teenagers. My job was to sniff the breath of kids wanting to come in, to check for alcohol and drugs. I'm definitely not the most experienced in these areas, but I was working with some veterans. Unfortunately, I found that the unpleasant odour of stale breath got stuck in my nose, and was still lingering after I got home. Next time I'll keep some coffee grounds handy. The kids are definitely worth the minor discomfort, but it crossed my mind to develop a robot to do the sniffing. ;)

Aug 2, 2009
Nice little FOREIGN car. Haha
Its a bmw but it's actually made exclusively in the USA (south carolina). So its actually a domestic car. People in europe buy them as imports. Same thing with my honda.... It was made in ohio.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Its a bmw but it's actually made exclusively in the USA (south carolina). So its actually a domestic car. People in europe buy them as imports. Same thing with my honda.... It was made in ohio.
It's funny how the automobile industry works here in the US. A large number of "imports" are manufactured domestically. Yet a large percentage of "domestic" vehicles (Ford, GM, Chrysler) are imported from south and north of the border.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
Unless chicken is fried, it's just another vegetable.