Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts~~~

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

love_comes_softly

Feb 13, 2019
It amazes me that thoughts and stress can be still active when you’re sleeping, so much so that it wakes you up.

love_comes_softly

Feb 13, 2019
I love the rain. The smell, sound, and feeling of it. For me it's calming, peaceful, cleansing and even healing at times.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I like a powerful thunderstorm.

To me a thunderstorm is very visible, very hard to ignore evidence that we broke the world. When we brought sin into the world we broke it, and when we continued to sin we broke it more. Rain, hail, lightning, all the things we call weather, none of them would exist in a perfect world.

But even in the evidence of brokenness there is a sheer awe in the power of a thunderstorm. Even in a destructive malfunction that has nothing to do with the way God intended the world to work, even in that there is beauty.

Sometimes I sit out on the carport and watch them. They're just so cool!

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Is it wrong that when I saw this bird (I had been hearing him all day) the only thought in my mind was "DINNER"?

20190601_160635.jpg

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
It's not that I like turkey that much personally I'll take a good steak over poultry any day but hey, they were meant to be eaten........

I was working on the same house today and four of them went strutting through the brush single file not 20 feet from me.

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
It's not that I like turkey that much personally I'll take a good steak over poultry any day but hey, they were meant to be eaten........

I was working on the same house today and four of them went strutting through the brush single file not 20 feet from me.
Sounds to me like they were definitely taunting you to find a good dinner plate and a fork. :LOL:

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
While at w*rk today I had a really deep, profound thought. It was a thought so deep and profound it stunned me. Unfortunately I forgot what it was. If I remember I'll come back and post it here. Unless I forget it again before I get to a computer.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Streams of Consciousness & Thoughts...

Does anybody else ever think it is weird and really cool how our brains work? Every time you reach up and catch something, your brain is doing differential calculus on the fly.

Don't let it go to your head though. My dog can do the same thing when I toss him a strip of bacon.

love_comes_softly

Feb 13, 2019
It amazes me how such a big/powerful God loves us so much, that he does little things for us all the time. What a blessing His love is!

BruceWayne

Aug 7, 2013
Gotham City
I'm very recently single, and my friend suggested I try a couple dating apps lol... which I've never used one before. So, I set them up and I did not know it was this easy to get dates/interest. My mind is kind of blown. xD I did meet one girl for lunch yesterday and it went really well.

At the same time, I've been in one relationship or another for 8 of the last 9 years. I'm kind of enjoying not being in one, so I'm in a weird place where I don't want anything really, but also feel intrigued to see what's out there. An adventure I guess.

S

Susanna

Does anybody else ever think it is weird and really cool how our brains work? Every time you reach up and catch something, your brain is doing differential calculus on the fly.

Don't let it go to your head though. My dog can do the same thing when I toss him a strip of bacon.
My brain is telling me to get some sleep now, but my stubborn streak makes me not to😁.

zeroturbulence

Aug 2, 2009
My brain is telling me to get some sleep now, but my stubborn streak makes me not to😁.
My brain is telling me to eat some chocolate... and it's about to win as soon as I find some... :sneaky: I think I have some leftover from easter..

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org

Speaking on brains and weirdness: I became really astonished while learning to type 85 words a minute.

To get to that speed, you no longer thought about the spelling of common words. You just think the word and it flies into the typed paper.

If someone told me this was possible before I learned it, I wouldn't believe it. 5thumbsup.gif

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Yup that's how to do it.

I have had it malfunction though, and suddenly I was typing words phonetically. I was still typing letters that made the right sounds though.