Stuff in the bible that seems to make no sense

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Gordy

Jun 22, 2017
1. Jesus walked through walls, or atleast He suddenly stood inside the room, so why did an angel have to take away the grave stone? And even if He couldnt walk through a stone, He could walk on water, raise the dead, change water into wine and calm the storm, but needed help with the stone?

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
1. Jesus walked through walls, or atleast He suddenly stood inside the room, so why did an angel have to take away the grave stone? And even if He couldnt walk through a stone, He could walk on water, raise the dead, change water into wine and calm the storm, but needed help with the stone?

Continue reading in the Gospels and you will find that He was not yet glorified. Do you recall when someone was going to touch Him and He declared I have not yet been glorified……..also after He was raise.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
No Christ did not need any help. But the angels who appeared at the tomb were there to (a) remove the stone, (b) communicate the good news of His resurrection to His disciples and (c) give them further instructions from the Lord. Had Christ simply moved the stone with His own power everyone would have still been in the dark. As it was, they all needed convincing since they had failed to believe the words of Christ about His resurrection.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
You assume Jesus walked through walls..

You will not be able to quote the Bible where it says Jesus walked through a wall..

Yes He could walk on water
Yes He could raised the dead
Yes He calmed a storm

No He never Needed help with a stone..

He decided to get an Angel to do it.. The Angel who announced His resurrection to the two Mary's..

Dec 12, 2013
The stone was taken away so the PEOPLE could see he was not there and had risen.....

NayborBear

Banned Serpent Seed Heresy
The "stone" had to be moved! To announce to the "rest of the world", That Jesus had risen from the dead! Just like He said He would!

In Matthew's testimony (28), you'll read where t'was the "Angel of the Lord." In many cases recorded in the O.T., this indicates, that tis the Father His self. For not many, if any "Angel" can cause such an earthquake. Nor, can cause to "become as dead men", the guards Pilate had assigned, in making certain the Disciples couldn't come and take Jesus away!

Further down the chapter, you'll read that, as is the case, when "mans traditions" make void the Word of God? The "Religious Establishment", bribed the guards (that is, after they went home and changed their shorts), in their covering up the Resurrection!

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
Matt 27:
64 Command therefore that the sepulchre be made sure until the third day, lest his disciples come by night, and steal him away, and say unto the people, He is risen from the dead: so the last error shall be worse than the first.
65 Pilate said unto them, Ye have a watch: go your way, make it as sure as ye can.

66 So they went, and made the sepulchre sure, """sealing the stone""" and """setting a watch""".

1st: A Roman watch consisted of 4 soldiers which was changed every four hours. Put there to made sure no one could steal Jesus body

2ndly: Please provide the scripture that proclaims angels rolled the stone, TO LET HIM OUT...

3rdly: Angels are messengers, the message was: Jesus isn't here, he's RISEN, Mary ck the tomb & then go tell his disciples, he's RISEN, & where to go find him.

Matt 28:
1 In the end of the sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre.

2 And, behold, there was a great earthquake: for the angel of the Lord descended from heaven, and came and rolled back the stone from the door, and sat upon it.

3 His countenance was like lightning, and his raiment white as snow:

4 And for fear of him the keepers did shake, and became as dead men.

5 And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified.

6 He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.

7 And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you.

Apr 15, 2017
Jesus was not in a glorified body yet, but when He rose He was in the flesh, and also angels minister, and help those that shall receive salvation, which the man Christ Jesus was one of them.

God could of caused the man Christ Jesus to remove the stone like He caused Samson to beat 1000 Philistines with the jawbone of a donkey.

But it would be the Spirit of the Lord that would cause the man Christ Jesus to remove the stone, so Jesus was not coming out of the tomb by His own power according to the flesh.

So whether God removes the stone, or God gives strength to the man Christ Jesus to remove the stone, which it would still be God that did it, or an angel that removed the stone, the man Christ Jesus was still not coming out of the tomb by His own power according to the flesh alone.

Jesus walked on water, healed people, calmed the storm, and many great things, but it was not the flesh that did it, but the Spirit of God that caused it to happen.

And the man Christ Jesus is not a wizard, and nothing came from within the man Christ Jesus to do the miracles, for a lightening bolt did not come forth from Him, or a magical wand, but when Jesus did the miracles it was the Spirit from without Him that did the miracles.

For the Lord is that Spirit, which Jesus said He is on earth, and in heaven at the same time, for He is bigger than that human manifestation that He appeared in back then.

For Jesus is God manifest in the flesh which means that God manifest all His attributes to the man Christ Jesus, and the Spirit in Christ is still connected to the omnipresent Spirit of God for He cannot be separated.

And the man Christ Jesus does not have His own Spirit that moves around with Him, for there cannot be a double portion of the Spirit in one place, and an empty space where the Spirit is not at, but Jesus moves through the Spirit, and wherever He is at the Spirit is there, so He always has the Spirit.

For the Spirit does not have to move for the Spirit is already there.

Which helps to understand how Jesus can be an omnipresent Spirit, but be God manifest in the flesh.

The saints do not have their own personal Spirit that moves around with them, but they move through the Spirit, and wherever they are at the Spirit is there.

The angel removed the stone because the man Christ Jesus under His own power according to the flesh could not do it, and whether God moved it, or God caused the man Christ Jesus to move it which would still be the power of God, or an angel moved it, the stone still could not be moved by the power of the man Christ Jesus according to the flesh alone.

And the Bible says it was a great stone, which is why an angel had to move it.

Jesus did His miracles by the Spirit, not by the flesh, so the flesh could not move the stone, and angels assist in the salvation of the saints, which the man Christ Jesus is one of them, that is why angels ministered to Him, for they sure did not need to minister to Him, and assist Him according to His deity.

P

pottersclay

Oh my friend, reading the scriptures is one thing understanding the story is another.
The angels were not helping Jesus at all...in fact ....they were making way for the king.😊😊😊

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
There are some interesting science-basied theories regarding multi-dimensionality that could explain Jesus appearing within a locked room. Having a body that is "physical" in three dimensions wouldn't preclude accessing additional ones, if they exist. I don't recall the exact source of this though; perhaps one of Hugh Ross' early books.

Marcelo

Feb 4, 2016
Jesus had both a divine and a human nature. Most of the time He was subject to physical limitations just as other human beings. Were it no so His sacrifice on the cross would have no value.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Wait, where does it say Jesus walked through a wall? Jesus said he was the door, but that doesnt mean he doesnt have doormen or angels acting as concierges. GOds holy angels the heavenly host are there to serve the most High and Jesus can command them to do anything He wants them to. I dont see the problem Jesus had no need to prove he had muscles. Why didnt Jesus just bust down the temple himself? It would be like asking well they ran out of wine at the wedding why didnt Jesus pre-order the wine. Why didnt Jesus just heal Lazarus before he died? Why didnt Jesus do this or that?

He did all these things to glorify His Father, it was not to glorify himself. So that WE may believe in Him.

Dec 12, 2013
There are some interesting science-basied theories regarding multi-dimensionality that could explain Jesus appearing within a locked room. Having a body that is "physical" in three dimensions wouldn't preclude accessing additional ones, if they exist. I don't recall the exact source of this though; perhaps one of Hugh Ross' early books.
The reason is found in 1st Corinthians 15 and the verbiage used to describe the resurrected body in my view....

Of power
celestial
ethereal
astral
from above, heavenly

Dec 12, 2013
I also remember a painting of man that shows the multiple dimensions of Christ on the cross......we know of 4 to 5......for sure God is multidimensional and everything vibrates at it's own frequency.....I do not remember all the details of this, but it is supposed to show some very deep truth when the scope of it is considered....have you ever seen this?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
KJV actually says, "the" angel of the Lord rolled away the stone, not "an" angel -- can anyone comment on whether this is the correct translation? ((in re: Matthew 28:1-7))

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I also remember a painting of man that shows the multiple dimensions of Christ on the cross......we know of 4 to 5......for sure God is multidimensional and everything vibrates at it's own frequency.....I do not remember all the details of this, but it is supposed to show some very deep truth when the scope of it is considered....have you ever seen this?

I may have seen this... I saw a lot of paintings when taking my first degree (I majored in Art History).

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
well, i mean there's quantum tunneling. there is no known physical law that actually prevents physical matter from 'teleporting' this way; there is only the unfathomable improbability of it, and it doesn't necessitate trans-dimensional travel.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I may have seen this... I saw a lot of paintings when taking my first degree (I majored in Art History).

i didn't know that about you, Dino! :D
my first degree was studio art. i left literally all the history classes till my last year, which, in retrospect...