Subtle ways to let someone know you are interested

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Dan58

Nov 13, 2013
Body language is what gets my attention, like when a woman stands extra close when she's talking to you. If a woman stands firm when your talking to her in close proximity, she's probably interested, but if she takes a step back, your either not her cup of tea or you need some mouthwash :)

Bathsheba had a direct approach, just bathe in front of a man and skip all the superficial chit chat.

J

James4redemption

The trick is in the exhale, you want a deep exhale prior to your sniff. You want her to be able to hear it when you do sniff. It puts a bigger emphasis on the interest factor...lol

S

ServantStrike

You've got the more aggressive approach...

The super creepy approach...

View attachment 142789

The innocent approach...

View attachment 142790

The "brosniff"...

View attachment 142791
And let's not forget one of the most famous approaches of all. Just say hello Clarice. First you need to make sure that the woman you stalk is named Clarice. The entire approach hinges on that.

tumblr_lvd4d5ITsn1ql8uco.jpg

Bring a scrapbook with all of our future family photos in them. Photoshop does wonders ;)
That's a fantastic idea!

I can't see that ever going wrong. That's just plain brilliant. Especially if her name is Clarice.

I still stand behind the arson idea though. You are all free to try that too. They always describe love as a spark, so you might as well bring some accelerant.

[video=youtube;alAyOIbNHok]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alAyOIbNHok[/video]

J

James4redemption

Lol I feel bad for all the girls named clarice now...You know they get that creepy 'hello' on a regular basis.

Aug 2, 2009
But not too subtle and confusing and not too clear, so you can always say: huh? dunno what you're talking about. Any ideas?
You can draw them a picture of your favorite animal...

dtc5a2ogqevfu7rssgju.jpg

christian74

Oct 1, 2013
I was sick for past couple days and missed work. When I came to work on Wednesday, a coworker came out of her office and asked me if I was feeling better, then went back to her office. She took time to get out to ask me how I was doing and that, frankly, made me take another look at her. Yes, she is engaged and most certainly did that out of kindness, not trying to be "subtle," you know? But it convinced me that one of the best ways to do a subtle 'I like you' has to be being kind - nothing more attractive than someone who is just kind :)

C

coby

Body language is what gets my attention, like when a woman stands extra close when she's talking to you. If a woman stands firm when your talking to her in close proximity, she's probably interested, but if she takes a step back, your either not her cup of tea or you need some mouthwash :)
That's normally, but when someone is shy it's the other way around. If she walks to the other side she might very well be interested. I had a guy who thought I liked him because I was so open but that was because I saw him as just a friend and those are not scary lol. So I thought maybe he has that too. Once another collegue brought us home with his car. I said something that I had also been to Canada. No response, quiet, the only one who talked to me was that other collegue. Then they started talking together and I just sat in the back thinking oh why not, just act as if I'm not here lol. But then when I got out of the car I got a sweet smile and see you tomorrow. He posted this on Facebook recently. I gave it a like.

14 things introverts still wish you understood - Introvert, Dear

C

coby

This is just so sweet. I was looking on internet for signs but he had none of them. Thanks to him I gave it another try. Only sign he had was that he read and liked almost all my posts and comments.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=50vqHN-pD6g

AsifinPassing

Jul 13, 2010
Did you try licking them?

...that always works for me...

AsifinPassing

Jul 13, 2010
OMGosh I love that pikachu pic! :rolleyes:
It best expressed the typical anime 'hiding my smile/holding back my laugh from giving bad advice that I want to see happen as an entertaining joke' face I was going for. It's typically expressed by comically sinister characters who gain pleasure from seeing the mild suffering of others (sadism).

C

coby

I saw one guy on internet who had figured it out. He said if a woman likes you she will say it but cover it up as if it's a joke or with sarcasm or say something and then all of a sudden look away, act uninterested, so she can always say it was just a joke. That's exactly how I do it. Smart guy.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
Body language is what gets my attention
when i asked my guy friends for advice, they mentioned body language, which is/was a tough one for me cuz i'm all about that personal space bubble lol.

U

Ugly

when i asked my guy friends for advice, they mentioned body language, which is/was a tough one for me cuz i'm all about that personal space bubble lol.
Reading body language has nothing to do with your personal space bubble. If standing close is not something you are comfortable with there are still other ways to use body language without standing close. But, as i said, most men aren't going to pick it up if you're using it to drop hints. Actually most people use more body language in communication that their words. That is the difficulty in online, or even phone chats. You cut out a large portion of the way you communicate.

Tinkerbell725

Jul 19, 2014
Philippines Age 40
I was sick for past couple days and missed work. When I came to work on Wednesday, a coworker came out of her office and asked me if I was feeling better, then went back to her office. She took time to get out to ask me how I was doing and that, frankly, made me take another look at her. Yes, she is engaged and most certainly did that out of kindness, not trying to be "subtle," you know? But it convinced me that one of the best ways to do a subtle 'I like you' has to be being kind - nothing more attractive than someone who is just kind :)
Nothing beats kindness. Except for the hair sniff, its kind...kind of creepy...lol!

C

crosstweed

Yeah... the hair smell thing is a smidgen creepy.

A

Abing

But, but, but what if he's online here at CC? I can't very well stalk him through the forums and be like "hey I really like you." :/ lol
Women tend to communicate in signs, hoping for a guy to get the hint. Men are not hardwired to read these subtle clues. Psychologists who specialize in such areas recommend that women should learn to communicate more directly with men, rather than waiting for men to figure out something their brain isn't designed to figure out. *hint hint... haha
Lol, it's true though. Guys are generally bad at hints. But you can't really blame the girls. Telling us to "JUST SAY IT" isn't always gonna work out lol. As fierce as we are, we also fear rejection. :p I guess Psychologists should've known that already lol and could've advised the guys to just man up. Lol. #datingamazesme