Suicidal

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

umzza

Jan 10, 2015
I've been thinking about killing myself a lot more lately.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I will say a prayer for God to come to you in your hour of need. Please know that if you were to leave the world the world would be poorer for the loss.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I put the heart to remind you that you are so Loved, not that I love or encourage those suicidal thoughts.

Oh Dear Sweetone, I understand sorrow. I understand the ache. I understand grief. Maybe not your exact situation but still pain. Please, consider getting some help, both with the Lord and some counseling. When we have physical struggles, we go to the doctors. Why not see if there is something going on that is causing the deep ache? There are professionals that can give you applicable tools.

I am lifting you in prayer, in Jesus Name. Big non-judgemental hugs.

J

jbrooks5912

Umzza, i been there friend. Alot more than people know.

In highscjool i had a good friend take her life a week before she turned 15.

Its not a cool thing to think of doing or to actually do.

I cut my wrist once and that was it, yeh i think of it myself from time to time but life is ever more sweeter.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Someone just posted this and you came to mind... more hugs with Love in Christ ♡

Screenshot_20190217-192353_Chrome.jpg

EmilyFoster

Jul 10, 2018
I’m sorry you are thinking on these lines, Umzza. I’m lifting you up before the Lord, asking for His intervention and guidance. May He work in a powerful way in your circumstances and bring in healing as you lean upon Him. Also, it might be helpful to get in touch with a local suicide hotline. Please reach out and seek assistance. Hugs to you.

Remember that “the Lord is close to the broken-hearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit” (Psalm 34:18).

misskayanne

May 18, 2017
I have definitely been right where you are in feeling this way. It is such a painful, hopeless, and scary place to be. My hearts break for you in hearing that you are feeling like you want to take your own life. What has always prevented me from committing to those thoughts is realizing that life is full of ups and downs...and even though I may be in a "down" time now, if I take my life, I won't be around for the "up" times, and I certainly wouldn't want to miss those. Plus, I think about how devastated and hurt the people who care about me would feel if I did that. The fact that I'm feeling pain (when I've had those thoughts) is already too much, and I wouldn't want to pass the pain on to others.

I know life is hard sometimes. Life can often have us feeling lonely, defeated, and hopeless. But remember that we have a God that loves us and never leaves or forsakes us. You are here for a reason and the loss of your life would be tragic and a great loss.

I will be lifting you up in prayer. If you ever need to chat, please feel welcome to reach out.

umzza

Jan 10, 2015
I put the heart to remind you that you are so Loved, not that I love or encourage those suicidal thoughts.

Oh Dear Sweetone, I understand sorrow. I understand the ache. I understand grief. Maybe not your exact situation but still pain. Please, consider getting some help, both with the Lord and some counseling. When we have physical struggles, we go to the doctors. Why not see if there is something going on that is causing the deep ache? There are professionals that can give you applicable tools.

I am lifting you in prayer, in Jesus Name. Big non-judgemental hugs.
I tried some medicine for a while but it is expensive and I don't have motivation to get more. Idk if it helped. I can't succeed at things. I don't understand things.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I tried some medicine for a while but it is expensive and I don't have motivation to get more. Idk if it helped. I can't succeed at things. I don't understand things.
Oh sweetie, you are not alone. Professionals can help give you tools besides medications. Is it easy...no. Is there hope...yes. You lean on Him to direct your paths and then reach out for help in the follow through. Do you believe in Jesus, the Son of God? I think He is where you want to start, on your knees, calling out to Him. Then, seek help from a Christian professional who is trained to help you, to give you tools.

He loves you so much and came to give you life...

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.
John 10:10 NASB

For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the Lord , 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.
Jeremiah 29:11 NASB

J

jbrooks5912

My friend, God says you were made to serve. Depression bites and i struggle but u know? He says i am healed, He says i am adored, and He says i am His.

Read psalms 23, psalms 69-71

Those have helped me alot.

Stay strong friend God loves you and so do I.

J

jbrooks5912

Friend herw is a devotional i wrote maybe it. WIll help u.

You may not know it yet, but your future is already planned out before you get there.

The Lord goes ahead of you to prepare your way. He knows the very thoughts that He has towards you.

You are one of a kind, you are flawless. He expeesses His true love towards you like a hen gathering her chickens.

Before you were made, and fashioned in your mother's womb, your life was planned by His devine hand.

Before you were concieved God knew you. You are destined for greatness, don't allow anyone tell you otherwise.

It's important to remember that God loves you with an everlasting love.

Your future is set, He will never lead you down the wrong path. Keep your eyes set on Him who is the author, and finisher of your faith.

Hebrews 12:2, Jeremiah 1:5, Jeremiah 29:11

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Lord bless umzza, and this prayer, in Jesus loving name, Amen!

FlyingDove

Dec 27, 2017
Hello umzza,

Christians are not immune to the despair that leads to suicide. The enemy is a great deceiver (John 8:44). Who wants us to forget that victory is already ours in Christ (John 16:33).

A suicide cost me a friend of many years, that I loved dearly. Often, I still feel that pain. God loves you dearly, trust him. Scripture teaches if we'll draw near to God, he will draw near to us (Ja 4:7)

Matt 4:1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil. Also see Mk 1:13
(NOTE: Temptation will come, do as Christ did, stand on the Word & fight back: Isa 54:17, Matt 16:23, Rom 6:14, 2 Cor 5:21)

James 4:7 (B) Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.
(NOTE: FIGHT him & keep fighting. The sign of a true champion is: When knocked down, they GET-UP & fight back)

Genesis 4:7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.
(NOTE: Sin lies at the door of our hearts)

Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
(NOTE: Genesis 4:7 teaches sin lies at the door. Here, Rev 3:20 teaches Christ is also standing at a door. Open the RIGHT door)

2 Cor 10:
4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds
(NOTE: Thoughts of suicide come from evil spirits)

5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;
(NOTE: REJECT any evil spirit that exalts itself against Gods word. Place your mind & faith in Christ. I'm standing in prayer with the other brother & sisters on this thread for & with you. We love you in Christ)

Feb 6, 2019
I’m sorry you feel like this. I have been where you are and currently I am in a low place myself but we must seek Jesus. Yes it’s hard and painful but the body of Christ needs you. I’m praying for you.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"My child, come close to words before you. I care, why...because I know of tears of the heart.
Often we carry a burden or are surrounded by a negative environment which hinders our potential.
We should be honest with ourselves and know we can be all we want to, so long as we want to.
We are all unique in our character, never doubt your hidden qualities, for you too have them.
Share your thoughts, tears, fears, and aspirations with someone you feel at ease with...let it out...
good, bad or ugly...let go and share! Thank God, I learned long time past, that an inventory of
myself and sharing with a caring person, for it CLEANSED my dark side, and let the LIGHT shine through.
You can do this, I know! Be not afraid, a friend may be closer than you think...BELIEVE IT!
Tears I know well."
'Praise God'

Attachments

Violet24

Apr 14, 2015
Umzza, There's many powerful beautiful prayers posted here for you. I can truly see the Love of Jesus speaking to you, as He is reaching out His arms to you & reminding you that there is hope & healing for whatever you are facing in life. I agree, that its so important to find a trusted person to talk to, whether it be a church pastor, friend etc... As you allow the Lord to shine His love & truth into your heart, healing will begin. Just know that You are loved! and your life has purpose! and Jesus will lead you out of this dark place & He will breathe new life within you. Lord Jesus, I lift up Umzza to you in prayer! Lord, I pray that you would bring divine intervention to her life. Surround her with truth, every hour of every day. Open the eyes of her spirit, so she is able to see clearly the purpose for her life. May the lies of the enemy be quenched in Jesus Holy Name!

Soulalis

Sep 5, 2016
Please understand that if you do you will go to hell. Only those that endures till the end will receive their reward. I want to die right now too but God took out the desire in my heart to kill my self. You need to start keeping the sabbath. I recommend starting off with just going through all of Richard OF'fill 's sermons from his website. The sabbath is Friday sunset to Saturday sunset. When you put awa all your sins and just go through all of Richards sermons God will spend the day with you when your mind is on Him and that's how you enter into His rest. Until this church starts obeying God all it's going to do is keep committing adultery with satan.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Umzza, hey there. How are you doing?