Surgery today.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Would appreciate your prayers.
I’m having prostate surgery today. Thank you

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Dear Lord,

We lift up our brother PennEd to you, who has been so faithful to encourage, pray for, and lift up others to you.

Please bless him, his wife, and family, and may You grant him a successful surgery and prompt recovery to an even better state than before the complication arose.

In Jesus' name we pray,

Amen.

Best wishes to you and yours, Ed! :) Please keep us posted.

levi85

Jul 2, 2013
Father God, we come before you and pray for PennEd. Lord bless him and his medical treatment. Let you take care of him , and Let his prostrate surgery be successful. Lord let your healing, peace and strength be upon PennEd. Lord please bless Penned and this prayer request. In Jesus merciful name, Amen!

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
May the Lord guide and direct the surgery. May it run smoothly with no complications. May their be total healing and restoration with a speedy recovery and total peace in the name of Jesus. Amen

Shandy

Sep 12, 2020
Praying that you have a speedy recovery and that you feel the presence of God every moment.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Thank you all so much. I’m a big believer in the power of prayer.

I feel so blessed to have my brothers and sisters in Christ praying for me.

The surgery went well. Hoping I’m able to go home tonight.

Thanks again

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Update:

Ok. So it’s pretty apparent I’m not the brightest bulb on the tree when it comes to my health.

I was feeling better, recovering quite nicely, when I thought it would be ok to shovel a portion of the driveway after our big snowstorm.

Now I’ve got some pain and bleeding. I’m also afraid to tell the Dr this at my appointment tomorrow. Please pray it clears up quickly. Thank you.

Feb 28, 2016
Penn,
please take care of yourself! you did to much to soon -
prayers sent...
hugs...

Ruby123

Mar 1, 2019
Update:

Ok. So it’s pretty apparent I’m not the brightest bulb on the tree when it comes to my health.

I was feeling better, recovering quite nicely, when I thought it would be ok to shovel a portion of the driveway after our big snowstorm.

Now I’ve got some pain and bleeding. I’m also afraid to tell the Dr this at my appointment tomorrow. Please pray it clears up quickly. Thank you.
Lord you are still the healer and full of grace and mercy despite our errors so please heal Penn from pain and bleeding in the name of Jesus. Give him peace and help him to ignore the thoughts of the enemy in Jesus name Amen.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Alright. Just got back from the Drs.

He told me I need to take it easy.

He also told me the pathology report discovered a little bit of cancer.

I am in the lowest Possible stage. He believes active watching and monitoring with sporadic tests is the best course of action for now.

I believe adding prayer to that course of action would be most helpful. Thank you!

If anyone has any experience in this area I’d love to hear your thoughts.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

I am in the lowest Possible stage. He believes active watching and monitoring with sporadic tests is the best course of action for now.

I believe adding prayer to that course of action would be most helpful. Thank you!

Dear Ed... I am sorry to hear of your cancer report. Cancer can strike anyone (no matter how healthy otherwise) anywhere in the body, so be grateful it is an area that is not certainly fatal and can be dealt with without too much fuss. I underwent chemo and radiation last year from the end of April to the beginning of June, and had surgery mid August, at which time I was hospitalized for ten days, and then began a course of chemo treatment that was to be for six sessions of two weeks on each followed by one week off. My last two week session was recently cancelled due to some fairly severe side effects I was experiencing, and I have been told that that is it for me for chemo, which is a blessing, because some people are on chemo for five years following their cancer surgery! Was chemo and/or radiation mentioned at all to you?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

I just noticed this thread and I will say a prayer for the best possible outcome.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
Dear Heavenly Father,

No one goes through a tough time alone....we are all connected first to You through Jesus Christ and Your Holy Spirit and then to each other....in the Body, when one hurts we all hurt...:cry:

The best way to go through a hard time is to get all our focus off of ourself and observe the impact our situation is having on others.....

May Penned at this time, look at his wife and children and see their pain as they see him travail, not alone but with him, together.

Touch and heal Penned and his family. May all be well with them and may they all be better, closer and more secure in their faith in Your love, care and goodness for those that love You and fear You, and know You, in the Name of Yeshua-Jesus Christ, amen. :love:(y)

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Dear Ed... I am sorry to hear of your cancer report. Cancer can strike anyone (no matter how healthy otherwise) anywhere in the body, so be grateful it is an area that is not certainly fatal and can be dealt with without too much fuss. I underwent chemo and radiation last year from the end of April to the beginning of June, and had surgery mid August, at which time I was hospitalized for ten days, and then began a course of chemo treatment that was to be for six sessions of two weeks on each followed by one week off. My last two week session was recently cancelled due to some fairly severe side effects I was experiencing, and I have been told that that is it for me for chemo, which is a blessing, because some people are on chemo for five years following their cancer surgery! Was chemo and/or radiation mentioned at all to you?
Wow!

I’m terribly sorry you had to go through that, and that I didn’t even know that you did.

That’s what I get for not checking the prayer request section frequently enough.

Praying the Lord fully heals you.

So your surgery was successful?

To answer your question, there are apparently 3 treatment options for me.

1. Radical prostatectomy (simply am unable to pronounce that word!)

2. Fancy word for some type of radiation.

3. Active monitoring.

As of now, my Dr believes option 3 is the way to go. At least until the periodic test monitoring shows the need to move to one of the other options. But he thinks they may not be necessary for a decade or longer. Although he also told me he didn’t think the enlarged prostate would have any cancer before the surgery. But I’m going to trust him.

Just trying to make peace with the idea that there is cancer in me.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
Dear Heavenly Father,

No one goes through a tough time alone....we are all connected first to You through Jesus Christ and Your Holy Spirit and then to each other....in the Body, when one hurts we all hurt...:cry:
Thank you so much for your kind words and prayer.
The best way to go through a hard time is to get all our focus off of ourself and observe the impact our situation is having on others.....

May Penned at this time, look at his wife and children and see their pain as they see him travail, not alone but with him, together.

Touch and heal Penned and his family. May all be well with them and may they all be better, closer and more secure in their faith in Your love, care and goodness for those that love You and fear You, and know You, in the Name of Yeshua-Jesus Christ, amen. :love:(y)