Sweet potential in this crises...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
K

kaylagrl

Well you didn't hear my mention of trust in God because for over 2 years now I have been open about having abandoned my faith. Well, I was open about it until people on here began trashing me and falsely accusing me of things.
Regardless, even as a Christian I would have felt the same way. People keep wanting to make this event a positive. It's not.
And as Seoul pointed out, crisis conversions are not typically ideal. It's easy to pray and turn to God when you face your own mortality, but when it passes and you survive, most people suddenly forget.
Also there is a distinction between praising God in the midst of a trial vs spreading false idealism and justifying a world wide death event with speculation.

The OP wasn't trying to justify anything. Christians aren't promised sunshine and roses. In fact the Bible says "take up your cross" Suffering is part of being a Christian. I'm not saying this is caused by God, but I am saying God can use it to bring people to Him. The same as the OP is saying.

All that aside, why are you here if you are no longer a Christian? I haven't trashed you,nor do I know what caused your sudden change in belief. I simply hope you will change your mind before it's too late.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Remember how God can bring good from intended evil?

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
The Lance Wallnau video I viewed a few weeks back shared that this is indeed an engineered virus, that China did it to take out President Trump who is thwarting their drive for world dominance. He also shared the Lord allowed this and yet also ensured it would be easy to kill, by prayer AND by medicine, I have just received a report of it succumbing to prayer, very few actually know HOW to pray for healing and restoration.
We are to command healing in Jesus name.
https://www.facebook.com/FiveTownsB...y3On55uslYQQtIQzR8btXxQua5Ms05Q&__tn__=EEHH-R

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
The Lance Wallnau video I viewed a few weeks back shared that this is indeed an engineered virus, that China did it to take out President Trump who is thwarting their drive for world dominance. He also shared the Lord allowed this and yet also ensured it would be easy to kill, by prayer AND by medicine, I have just received a report of it succumbing to prayer, very few actually know HOW to pray for healing and restoration.
We are to command healing in Jesus name.
https://www.facebook.com/FiveTownsBanter/photos/a.1428473094140772/2628330127488390/?type=3&eid=ARC8DJ_UYTcpWQw-VZamJdzLLYtaeicSwwIscfnDOp0eKcFMYHq_K_h3Kq9pCis6xJuA_p19iXvYOPaD&__xts__[0]=68.ARA6BNJaU8RcTURV89mWxRWgLlyl6uKQj6wF_mBautvtLswPpFHNjpDDp_tO34sh2v8MiDBE5p4ByoBnjC6poUwtnIGH4aa8av-8vB_bdpRsbgyt6E30YgvAguPyjTJQh0M8_9aWVgHdZYFGvsT7KO6zArshWXZtb6TiwkprYynX4WfCLllFIONhw3GHuKZIK-6Rtg1f45S2oPIUbVPfaBFdK2M56Os_x9KfnqdHw0LuYAZZ0dPt11uBF7JOhP26mQHKF6jRB0SxxtJo8PiM3uze_VlBZuwPcN4u3Ozn6co1F23ZMtoHDjwYLvSKFAxSu-EEiU7LnM5zOqjAs1z8Q3GH7hBy3On55uslYQQtIQzR8btXxQua5Ms05Q&__tn__=EEHH-R
Thanks Brother, I will chk it out in a bit.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I work for a company that has an exclusive contract to distribute Nespresso coffee and accessories for the Nestle corporation.

Since coffee is considered a food my company has not been affected, at least as of now, by any lockdowns or quarantines. In fact, business is booming and the facility that I work in is shipping product 24/7/365. Currently, due to increased customer demand, we are on an expanded 6 day schedule. It can be tiring but I am grateful for the opportunity to earn extra money but at the same time feel bad for the less fortunate that have loss their jobs or laid off because of all the government restrictions.

Regarding increased customer demand, I am certain that a lot of that has to do with hoarding. The thing is, it seems that Nestle has an over abundant supply of coffee. Prices are still the same, in fact, there are many promotions that actually lower the price of certain blends with no limit on quantities.

I see plenty of sweet potential where I am currently at in the adventure of life.
Sorry for the delayed response. Is it wrong to give you and your bride my address so you can send coffee and lots of it, haha? Seriously though, I am so encouraged with how Nestle is handling this.

I am thankful as r many I am certain that you are seeing sweet potential and that thus far you are able to still work in the midst of this calamity and sickness.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Well you didn't hear my mention of trust in God because for over 2 years now I have been open about having abandoned my faith. Well, I was open about it until people on here began trashing me and falsely accusing me of things.
Regardless, even as a Christian I would have felt the same way. People keep wanting to make this event a positive. It's not.
And as Seoul pointed out, crisis conversions are not typically ideal. It's easy to pray and turn to God when you face your own mortality, but when it passes and you survive, most people suddenly forget.
Also there is a distinction between praising God in the midst of a trial vs spreading false idealism and justifying a world wide death event with speculation.
I am sad to hear about your abandoned faith and that you received unkind response to your transparency.

I want you to know that I'm sending a hug from afar and that you are in my prayers. I hope you are staying safe.

If you ever want or need to talk, I will listen.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
charlee

dont worry about anything just pray.
Hey guys, have you considered this?

I for one am concerned about the economy, because like many, if not all of us, this is hitting me up close and personal. Yup, a game changer for sure. Then yeah, I also start to fret about my loved ones. You know...are they all ok, will they be ok, physically and financially. So many potential concerns tempt my response to hold my breath and eek. .

However, my Lord keeps reminding me about drawing near, to trust Him fully. I am so grateful for His peace leaning in.

Today, something crossed my thoughts and I wanted to ask if you too had considered...

What if in all this calamity and threat of death to our physical bodies and our economy, many, some, or even just one was saved, wouldn't that be so amazing? What if this caused more of His to draw near, to carry on with the cause of Christ even more...

Wouldn't that be sooooo wonderful?

I am reminded…

And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28
I think it would be amazing. The virus/plague has spread quickly but people have now been aware of it for sometime so they can prepare.
the thing about it is it does not give you much time as say, knowing you have a diagnoses of cancer or aids which is slower to kill you. I think it causes people to be aware of their mortality and how what they do affects others.

I am sad that other nations have indirectly affected the situation in China which lead to so many deaths. when you have so many workers in sweatshop conditions because of the huge demand for luxuries and consumer items by richer nations being greedy and buying stuff they dont even need....you have things like this happen.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
He, our Father, always brings good no matter how it may first appear. Judge always with right judgm

My concern right now in prayer is petitioning the Father to show His children everywhere the sense of what is happening now, and what may be coming soon. Remember always that when we thank our Father no matter what the circumstances, our vision becomes very clear. Praise God, amen.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
charlee

dont worry about anything just pray.

I think it would be amazing. The virus/plague has spread quickly but people have now been aware of it for sometime so they can prepare.
the thing about it is it does not give you much time as say, knowing you have a diagnoses of cancer or aids which is slower to kill you. I think it causes people to be aware of their mortality and how what they do affects others.

I am sad that other nations have indirectly affected the situation in China which lead to so many deaths. when you have so many workers in sweatshop conditions because of the huge demand for luxuries and consumer items by richer nations being greedy and buying stuff they dont even need....you have things like this happen.
Yes, u r soooo right....just pray. Ty. And yes we do have things like this and so much more happening. :( @sweat shops.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
There are only 2 kingdoms, His of Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self control and the enemies of the inverse of these.
You have it Charli Renee, He is giving us time to shed our idols, and get close to Him as soon, when we enter His presence, we will leave it no more. bless you sister Curry Blake will be on soon with his daily report and teaching in Christ and the power of Holy Spirit

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
He, our Father, always brings good no matter how it may first appear. Judge always with right judgm

My concern right now in prayer is petitioning the Father to show His children everywhere the sense of what is happening now, and what may be coming soon. Remember always that when we thank our Father no matter what the circumstances, our vision becomes very clear. Praise God, amen.
Amen. I stand in agreement with your prayer and praise. His work is mighty to behold. He is so worthy of all Praise and Glory. Thank You Lord fof Your mercies are new everyday.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
There are only 2 kingdoms, His of Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness, and self control and the enemies of the inverse of these.
You have it Charli Renee, He is giving us time to shed our idols, and get close to Him as soon, when we enter His presence, we will leave it no more. bless you sister Curry Blake will be on soon with his daily report and teaching in Christ and the power of Holy Spirit
Bless you too brother. I still need to listen to that link you shared in another thread. He is moving and He is our Hope and our refuge!!! Wow, He holds so much power. He gives such clear perspective of where we need to be and to take captive thoughts and actions that do not serve. I for one need His guidance. We ALL do!!!

Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy, to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.
Jude 1:24‭-‬25 NASB

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
The OP wasn't trying to justify anything. Christians aren't promised sunshine and roses. In fact the Bible says "take up your cross" Suffering is part of being a Christian. I'm not saying this is caused by God, but I am saying God can use it to bring people to Him. The same as the OP is saying.

All that aside, why are you here if you are no longer a Christian? I haven't trashed you,nor do I know what caused your sudden change in belief. I simply hope you will change your mind before it's too late.
I have a different interpretation of what the OP meant. Hence my response.

Because I choose to be.
Did i accuse you of trashing me? I only stated that to prevent the possibility of being told I haven't been upfront about it lately (not just by you, but anyone) by explaining why first.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014

Because I choose to be.
Did i accuse you of trashing me? I only stated that to prevent the possibility of being told I haven't been upfront about it lately (not just by you, but anyone) by explaining why first.
You have every right to interpret it as you did, right or wrong. My flesh wants to be defensive but that is silly. You caused me to examine my motives and for that I thank you.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
You have every right to interpret it as you did, right or wrong. My flesh wants to be defensive but that is silly. You caused me to examine my motives and for that I thank you.
My honesty is often seen as mean, but I view it as mean if I'm not so honest. You explained yourself more clearly and I have a better understanding. No need to feel defensive.
You've always been consistent on here and even respond positively anytime I've felt a need to point something out, whether you agreed or not.
While I feel we disagree on quite a few things, and have different ways of interpreting the world around us, I've grown to respect you. So don't feel attacked or insulted.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
My honesty is often seen as mean, but I view it as mean if I'm not so honest. You explained yourself more clearly and I have a better understanding. No need to feel defensive.
You've always been consistent on here and even respond positively anytime I've felt a need to point something out, whether you agreed or not.
While I feel we disagree on quite a few things, and have different ways of interpreting the world around us, I've grown to respect you. So don't feel attacked or insulted.
Well thank you. I respect that you speak your truth as you see it. I agree we have different perspectives and that can be good. We can learn from others that way. U have actually helped toughen my skin from time to time. God doesn't like a fragile ego. I don't either. It is NOT good. I do believe God wants us to be tender hearted but not easily hurt or ego sensitive when we face resistance because it limits our ability to grow and learn, so again I can't help but appreciate that about you. I think it is ok to agree to disagree.

I wish that I could say something to change your mind about your faith, but I think I will just pray for you because I believe your heart is hurting. Anyway, maybe I am out of line for saying that.
The fact that you are here, points to God working in you. Well, I don't want to impose myself on your time but know that there are many here that genuinely care for you. I do not believe that is speculative. I do know for a FACT that None, not one, who loves you more than God. He loves you so VERY MUCH.

K

kaylagrl

Because I choose to be.
Not the least bit interested in confrontation with you.The Op made clear what she meant, so your interpretation is wrong. She's been more than kind and explained what she meant. Your rudeness is uncalled for and that chip on your shoulder is going to get mighty heavy one day. smh Sad.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Not the least bit interested in confrontation with you.The Op made clear what she meant, so your interpretation is wrong. She's been more than kind and explained what she meant. Your rudeness is uncalled for and that chip on your shoulder is going to get mighty heavy one day. smh Sad.
You don't want a confrontation, then go on to insult me, then call me rude. Perhaps try the mirror once in a while. Or maybe you're too afraid of what you'll see?
I'm sorry you interpret me voicing my opinions and interpretations as "rude", as you speak for someone else, rather than letting them speak for themselves.
Feel free to read my second response to her now, if you can move your mouse from the weight of that chip on your shoulder.