Talk to me..

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
"What you oughta do is feed a cold!"

(From an old 1980s Dimetapp cold medicine commercial)

TamLynn

A heart at rest
Nov 27, 2014
To the loved, a word of affection is a morsel; but to the love-starved, a word of affection can be a feast. ❤

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
“When you look annoyed all the time, people think that you’re busy.” ~ George Costanza

Willow

Oct 10, 2021
ohio
“A wise man gets more use from his enemies than a fool from his friends.”

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
My dog told me if you neuter a cat it's tax deductible.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018

From the Westminster Shorter Catechism:
Q. 1. What is the chief end of man?​
A. Man’s chief end is to glorify God, and to enjoy Him forever.​
ALL will eventually glorify God, but only Christians will be able to enjoy Him as well.

Deuteronomy

Jun 11, 2018
Love the quote. Wished I found out why.
Hello Gojira, as a Christian, you know the truth of it now, yes :unsure:

In case you missed it, I added a qualifier for the second statement in Twain's quote (from the Westminster Shorter Catechism), which I believe to be the most general/concise statement about why we were born.

God bless you!

~Deut

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Hello Gojira, as a Christian, you know the truth of it now, yes :unsure:

In case you missed it, I added a qualifier for the second statement in Twain's quote (from the Westminster Shorter Catechism), which I believe to be the most general/concise statement about why we were born.

God bless you!

~Deut
Yeah... but that doesn't help. That's not a specific purpose for me. I need a mission. No... Not talking about being a light in someone's dark day, picking up groceries for an old woman, yada yada. Yes, those opportunities should be taken when given, but they are not a "purpose". Billy Graham had a purpose. Gideon had a purpose. Noah... Abraham... Paul... George Washington... Abraham Lincoln... and, fictional characters like "The Equalizer". I long for a specific reason to have been born, one beyond the generic that applies to all human beings.

L

Live4Him2

Random Advice.................

Don't eat yellow snow.
With God as my witness, that's exactly what I was going to say the other day.

We're thinking alike.

:eek:

Be afraid.

Be very afraid.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ
With God as my witness, that's exactly what I was going to say the other day.

We're thinking alike.

:eek:

Be afraid.

Be very afraid.
Could be prophetic.. you are both about to consume the aforementioned flavored frozen water.