Technological Signs relating to Christ’s Coming are being fulfilled.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
There are plenty of honest and rational people who are simply mistaken.
Frankly, I am not 100% convinced the preterists and amillennialists are 100% honest or rational......:sneaky:

Dec 21, 2020
Jesus was speaking directly to his disciples and he was speaking about the temple which they had just departed.

He was actually pointing to the temple.

24 Jesus left the temple and was walking away when his disciples came up to him to call his attention to its buildings. 2 “Do you see all these things?” he asked. Truly I tell you, not one stone here will be left on another; every one will be thrown down.”

Tell me how does it even make sense for Him to speak about the physical temple they were standing near and then switch to 2000 years in the future.
1676731541638.png
Oops...

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022
Become a futurist and find out. As I said before, futurists/premillennialist have all the right answers.
These passages are a walk in the park for us. No problema.
Why would I go back?

As with all "systems" deeper inspection reveals the flaws and mistakes in interpretation.

Futurism much like Calvinism (sorry I could not stop myself, not saying you are) imposes a view onto the words.

I will admit it is very powerful to create such "systems" and very hard to break through them, just look at this message board and the staunch Calvinist view that is proclaimed, they have an answer for everything.

As a futurist, I do not have all the answers but I do know that Jesus makes it pretty clear when He speaks about the destruction of the temple and everything that will precede from that event as pertinent/relevant to His audience.

It is very weak argument to state "this" does not mean "this" in context of where Jesus starts the monologue.

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022
Those events were future to them. Future to that generation. History to today

You know I was a futurist, but I did not understand audience relevance, this is so essential.

Jesus knew exactly what He was saying and to whom and why He was warning them.

If this was all some future event beyond the life of the disciples why would He confuse them like that, it really makes no sense.

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022
There are plenty of honest and rational people who are simply mistaken.
Agree, but it ain't me.

I humbled myself and let go of my adopted view and searched it out for myself. It is not easy but well worth it.

Imagine believing something to be true to find out it really is a house of cards upon closer inspection.

Dec 21, 2020
Jesus was rude. When the truth was at stake. Was He not?
I am pre-trib, pre-mill, like you.

But if it was crystal clear in the Bible exactly how the Eschaton will play out, nobody would be mid-trib, pre-wrath, post-trib, a-mill, etc. Those beliefs exist because people see scriptures in the Bible that they think support them. That does not mean they are not honest or irrational.

If it was crystal clear, we would all believe the same thing.

Beckie

Feb 15, 2022
Agree, but it ain't me.

I humbled myself and let go of my adopted view and searched it out for myself. It is not easy but well worth it.

Imagine believing something to be true to find out it really is a house of cards upon closer inspection.
Exactly.... About 40 years of Dispensational futurism was enough. Although i will always love the AofG Sunday School lessons of the 50s. The opening of my eyes ears and spirit took some time. Wonderful to look to HIs Word to find Him.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
I think to see the beast as Rome is probably a mistake.

Rome granted this unusual privilege of one of their subjugated nations minting its own coinage, with the one stipulation that the pagan images of the demi-god Herakles and the inscription “Tyre the holy and inviolable” that were part of the original Tyrian shekel would continue to be stamped on the Jerusalem-produced coins.

These were abominable images and inscriptions forbidden by God ever since Deuteronomy 7:25-26.

Who then would you consider to be the beast,his image and his mark and do you see it as fulfilled by ad70 or that it is yet future?

The link I gave in my post was to the 1st Jewish revolt coinage not the Tyrian shekel...

Have you ever read Wars 2 by Josephus or did you read it from the link I gave in my post? You didn't address any of the questions I ask of the fulfillment's in my post but in general it is common practice that if someone says they were fulfilled they offer proof of their fulfillment. As an example if one is an full preterite and then states something is fulfilled(Revelation 13 in the post your responding to) they might then offer an explanation of when and how it was fulfilled. Anyone who is an preterite may answer I am just curious if anyone will.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
I am pre-trib, pre-mill, like you.

But if it was crystal clear in the Bible exactly how the Eschaton will play out, nobody would be mid-trib, pre-wrath, post-trib, a-mill, etc. Those beliefs exist because people see scriptures in the Bible that they think support them. That does not mean they are not honest or irrational.

If it was crystal clear, we would all believe the same thing.
Well.....you are not going to like the sound of this.....but it all IS crystal clear to me.
What passages I cannot precisely pin down are very very few and far between.

Take that for what it is worth. I am not tooting my horn, I am just letting you know.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
So...is the book of Revelation written in chronological order?

Dec 21, 2020
Well.....you are not going to like the sound of this.....but it all IS crystal clear to me.
What passages I cannot precisely pin down are very very few and far between.
Preterists and amillennialists think the same...

Take that for what it is worth. I am not tooting my horn, I am just letting you know.
ok

We can each present our beliefs and our reasons for those beliefs. But calling people who disagree dishonest or irrational doesn't strengthen anyone's position.