Ten Commandments

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 25, 2020
I hope you are all safe, wash your hands.

They are not called the Ten Suggestions.

Exodus 31:15
Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.
Exodus 35:2
Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the Lord: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.

Is it possible those worshiping on Sunday will be put to death ?

Jan 17, 2020

Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.
Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the Lord: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.

How bad do you think Christians are?
“But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully; Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;” 1 Timothy 1:8–10 (KJV 1900)

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011

Is it possible those worshiping on Sunday will be put to death ?[/QUOT

I do not understand how men can think they are given to change the Word of our Maker removing one or more of His commandments. If you know, let me know.

Feb 1, 2020
No, they can worship on any day and all day the Mighty Lord God.

Woe to those placing the burdens upon men on the day the Lord allotted them to rest though, they shall be cast into the pit.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
Who was that written to? Exodus 31:12 And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, 13 “Speak also to the children of Israel, saying: ‘Surely My Sabbaths you shall keep, for it is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am the Lord who sanctifies you. 14 You shall keep the Sabbath, therefore, for it is holy to you. Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does anywork on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people. 15 Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. 16 Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant. 17 It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever; for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day He rested and was refreshed.’ ”

Exodus 35:1 - Then Moses gathered all the congregation of the children of Israel together, and said to them, “These are the words which the Lord has commanded you to do: 2 Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh day shall be a holy day for you, a Sabbath of rest to the Lord. Whoever does any work on it shall be put to death. 3 You shall kindle no fire throughout your dwellings on the Sabbath day.”

If the seventh day Sabbath is still in affect, then why don't Sabbatarians seek to obey ALL that the LORD commanded? How can a person keep a certain law when he keeps only part of it? If the Sabbath day laws were still in effect today, then according to Exodus 31:12-18; 35:1-3; and Numbers 15:32-36, anyone who profaned the Sabbath was put to death and any person who does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from his people.

Now who is going to enforce that? The Jewish synagogue? Maybe the Seventh day Adventist church? How about the Government? Since we do not live under a theocratic state as ancient Israel did under the old covenant, no Sabbatarian can live consistently under these Mosaic regulations and the Church/the body of Christ is not under the law.

Sabbath keeping with all it's rules and regulations, was part of a covenant with Israel under the old covenant (Exodus 16:23, 29; 31:12-18; 35:1-3; Leviticus 19:30; 23:2-3, 32; Numbers 15:32-36; 28:1-10; 29:39-40; I Chronicles. 23:30-31; II Chronicles 31:2-4; Isaiah 1:13; Amos 8:5; Nehemiah 10:31) that is not binding on Christians under the new covenant.

*Colossians 2:16 - Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day 17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.

Feb 1, 2020
Come read the tale of the Pharisees, what moronic deceived fools they were, pathetic children just like their father the Devil. In this episode they attempt to place burdens upon even the holy apostles of God to make them work upon the Lord's day of rest even while they're in the very presence of the Lord's Living Word by which he breathed out the very commandments he gave unto Moses!

Matthew 12:1-16

1 At that time Jesus went on the sabbath day through the corn; and his disciples were an hungred, and began to pluck the ears of corn and to eat.

2 But when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto him, Behold, thy disciples do that which is not lawful to do upon the sabbath day.

3 But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him;

4 How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests?

5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless?

6 But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple.

7 But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless.

8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

9 And when he was departed thence, he went into their synagogue:

10 And, behold, there was a man which had his hand withered. And they asked him, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath days? that they might accuse him.

11 And he said unto them, What man shall there be among you, that shall have one sheep, and if it fall into a pit on the sabbath day, will he not lay hold on it, and lift it out?

12 How much then is a man better than a sheep? Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath days.

13 Then saith he to the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it forth; and it was restored whole, like as the other.

14 Then the Pharisees went out, and held a council against him, how they might destroy him.

15 But when Jesus knew it, he withdrew himself from thence: and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them all;

16 And charged them that they should not make him known:

Mar 25, 2020
Thanks folks for your thoughts. Personally I prefer His Jewish name , Rabbi Yashuah Moshiach of Nazareth ,who is a Jew not a Christian ,,who taught His followers to follow Torah , The Law of Moses, The Commandments the statutes, the judgments, and if I have to answer to Him at the Judgment ,why I rejected Torah and the Law of Moses ,when He taught us that the Law does not save you
please do not say I said the law saves you that is a lie, for only through Rabbi Yashuah Moshiach of Nazareth is there access to the savior the Father.
The Law does not save you I hope that is clear, However the words in Torah are just rules to live by thats all. Every society has to have rules
Why object to the rules that Rabbi Yashuah says will help us live better lives like" love your neighbor".
I think I will trust Rabbi Yashuah is much smarter than me, start studying Torah.

Mar 25, 2020
Who was that written to? Exodus 31:12 And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, 13 “Speak also to the children of Israel, saying: ‘Surely My Sabbaths you shall keep, for it is a sign between Me and you throughout your generations, that you may know that I am the Lord who sanctifies you. 14 You shall keep the Sabbath, therefore, for it is holy to you. Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does anywork on it, that person shall be cut off from among his people. 15 Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh is the Sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. 16 Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations as a perpetual covenant. 17 It is a sign between Me and the children of Israel forever; for in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day He rested and was refreshed.’ ”

Exodus 35:1 - Then Moses gathered all the congregation of the children of Israel together, and said to them, “These are the words which the Lord has commanded you to do: 2 Work shall be done for six days, but the seventh day shall be a holy day for you, a Sabbath of rest to the Lord. Whoever does any work on it shall be put to death. 3 You shall kindle no fire throughout your dwellings on the Sabbath day.”

If the seventh day Sabbath is still in affect, then why don't Sabbatarians seek to obey ALL that the LORD commanded? How can a person keep a certain law when he keeps only part of it? If the Sabbath day laws were still in effect today, then according to Exodus 31:12-18; 35:1-3; and Numbers 15:32-36, anyone who profaned the Sabbath was put to death and any person who does any work on it, that person shall be cut off from his people.

Now who is going to enforce that? The Jewish synagogue? Maybe the Seventh day Adventist church? How about the Government? Since we do not live under a theocratic state as ancient Israel did under the old covenant, no Sabbatarian can live consistently under these Mosaic regulations and the Church/the body of Christ is not under the law.

Sabbath keeping with all it's rules and regulations, was part of a covenant with Israel under the old covenant (Exodus 16:23, 29; 31:12-18; 35:1-3; Leviticus 19:30; 23:2-3, 32; Numbers 15:32-36; 28:1-10; 29:39-40; I Chronicles. 23:30-31; II Chronicles 31:2-4; Isaiah 1:13; Amos 8:5; Nehemiah 10:31) that is not binding on Christians under the new covenant.

*Colossians 2:16 - Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day 17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019

No.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Thanks folks for your thoughts. Personally I prefer His Jewish name , Rabbi Yashuah Moshiach of Nazareth ,who is a Jew not a Christian ,,who taught His followers to follow Torah , The Law of Moses, The Commandments the statutes, the judgments, and if I have to answer to Him at the Judgment ,why I rejected Torah and the Law of Moses ,when He taught us that the Law does not save you
please do not say I said the law saves you that is a lie, for only through Rabbi Yashuah Moshiach of Nazareth is there access to the savior the Father.
The Law does not save you I hope that is clear, However the words in Torah are just rules to live by thats all. Every society has to have rules
Why object to the rules that Rabbi Yashuah says will help us live better lives like" love your neighbor".
I think I will trust Rabbi Yashuah is much smarter than me, start studying Torah.
I prefer His shortened Greek Name Jesus Christ.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Are you a part of, or do you identify with, the "Black Hebrew Israelite" movement?

Mar 25, 2020
Thanks I could not remember Ex 31v 16 but you did.
What do you think perpetual means?
16 Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.
Does throughout their generations mean forever like in the kingdom also ?

Is perpetual forever meaning we will worship on the seventh day in the Kingdom where every one will speak ?
Hebrew.

Feb 1, 2020
If you trust only the Good Teacher Jesus for your salvation, then would it be correct to say you believe he is the Messiah, or as translated in the sons of Japheth's tongue, the Christ? I ask because this is the original meaning of the term Christian, the followers of the Christ, or the Messiah, the King of the Jews. It first reportedly used in the city of Antioch in the book of the Acts. It is okay to take the title of Christian if you believe in what the Lord Jesus said and did as written in the Gospels of the holy apostles in the Bible.

Acts 11:26
26 And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught much people. And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Noooooooooooo
My neighbor is a Jew and we talk about the bible
That's good. Do you realize that your terminology, teaching, and tone sound exactly like that heretical movement?

Another question for you: how does a person get "saved" according to the Bible?

7seasrekeyed

why are you stating your spiritual status as unsure?

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016

Nah but maybe if I was a ancient Israelite.

Mar 25, 2020
That's good. Do you realize that your terminology, teaching, and tone sound exactly like that heretical movement?

Another question for you: how does a person get "saved" according to the Bible?

The heavenly Father is the savior and the King, so through his Son we have have access to salvation offered by Yahweh.
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.