Terminally Diagnosed

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Words of strength and wisdom from a terminally diagnosed dear Sister friend in Christ.

Yes, I have permission to share...

When you are given a terminal diagnosis, your first reaction is OH CRAP. Your second reaction is WHAT DO I DO TO CHANGE THIS? Your third reaction is WHY ME? And at some point, you settle into the fact that this is where your life is about to change…literally.

I was panicked the first time I heard the news. I was devastated. This is the type of thing that happens to other people…you know the people you read about on Facebook. Because as we all know, this couldn’t happen to ME…I am somehow immune to this type of thing.

Well, this happened to me. I am not immune. I am the story you read about on Facebook “Woman diagnosed with a terminal illness at age 55”. Oh hell. I am infamous.

Now that we have gotten past the tears and the initial shock of it all. I can continue on with life…for as long as I am permitted. There are some perks to being terminally ill. And I thought I would blog about those perks today.

1. A life sentence means less to me know…murder is no longer OFF THE TABLE as an option when settling disputes.

2. Diet? What diet? A fat body cremates as easily as a skinny body.

3. I can eat whatever I want, whenever I want, and I don’t have to care!

4. I no longer chase after people I want in my life. The less they come around the shorter the will is going to be in the end.

5. Showering is no longer as important to me…see #4.

6. I don’t care what people think about me because in the end…I will haunt the ones who were mean to me anyhow.

7. Staying up to date in today’s fashion is not an issue. Simply because I no longer have to care what anyone thinks…see #6.

8. I no longer have to start watching any recommended new series on TV, I may not see the final season...what’s the point?

9. Cleaning my house from top to bottom is irrelevant. When I die the vultures will ransack it anyhow. (leave the roof…the house doesn’t belong to me)

10. I get to live in the NOW. I can’t plan ahead because…well, you know…

11. Knowing in advance that the end is near gives me a little time to finalize my exit. Not everyone gets to write their own obituary and have it CURRENT.

12. My last jab at being a control freak…I have the memorial, slideshow, obit, flowers, music, handouts and everything already for THE DAY.

13. I can use the excuse that I am TERMINAL when I am pulled over for speeding…Hey, I am just trying to get from point A to point B in the least amount of time…as my time is limited.

14. I no longer have to eat things I don’t want to eat because it might offend someone if I don’t like their cooking. DUDE! I am dying…why rush it?

15. Remember that $20 I borrowed? Yeah, you are mentioned in the will.

16. I can go crazy and buy all the yarn and fabric I want now. Let the kids sort through it all when I am done…no longer my problem.

17. I don’t have to start new projects because it is trendy…who’s to say I will be here to finish it?

18. I listen to CLASSIC ROCK, at least I know the words to those songs. I may not have time to learn the words to this new stuff, no matter how COOL it is.

19. I can start 5 Minecraft worlds and build on them…then will one to each of my kids.

20. I no longer make dinner reservations or order my groceries online…I might not make it that far. Although I do still order my Route 44 Coca Colas from Sonic through the app. I just set the pick-up time to ASAP.

21. I can get my subscriptions prorated for the LIFETIME memberships.

22. When I adopt a pet, I look at the senior pets…I figure we have about the same timeline.

23. When I buy an electronic and the cashier asks if I want the extended warranty, I respond with, “For me or the purchase?”

24. When my doctor writes my prescriptions, she asks if I want that for 6 months or a year. I tell her,” You would know better than me Doc.”

25. I can laugh at my own jokes, but responding at the end of the chuckle with, “I kill me” is no longer appropriate.

26. I don’t buy seasonal clothes, because REALLY? I got two seasons left in me…ALIVE and DEAD. I am wearing tie-dye from here on out and I will wear white after Labor Day – If I get that far.

27. In arguments, I used to yell, “Well excuse my existence!” Now I can yell, “Pardon my DEATH!”

28. 10 Items or less? Move it, lady…I got 10 months or less!

29. Sneezing, coughing, burping, farting…all good sounds. Proof that I am still alive!

30. I don’t have to preorder Christmas presents or cards…If I can’t have concrete proof that I will be there to hand them out…what’s the point?

There you have it, my list of how I cope. I am a spiritual person and believe in God. I have turned this over to Him and asked that His will be done in my life. Because truthfully, only He knows how much time any of us have on this planet. Many may leave this world before I leave, who knows? I do know this much though, I plan to live my remaining days with a smile on my face, laughter in my heart and love all around me every single day. I will not be knocked down by this diagnosis. I will be a victory, not a victim.

After all, I have so many people in Heaven to see again, not to mention Jesus Christ (have I got questions for Him). It has been a blessing to be a part of so many people’s lives, been a grand opportunity to help others smile when it didn’t seem possible. And I have been so very blessed to have so many people love me for ME.

My friends, Live, Love and Laugh.
Live in the moment because you do not know if it is your last.
Love all day, every day. Stop chasing people to make them love you, make room for the ones who already do.
Laugh at everything and anything. Laughter is not a crime, at worst its just rude…like we care!

I love you all my friends. I appreciate you all for your part played in this lovely journey called LIFE.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
Words of strength and wisdom from a terminally diagnosed dear Sister friend in Christ.

When you are given a terminal diagnosis, your first reaction is OH CRAP. Your second reaction is WHAT DO I DO TO CHANGE THIS? Your third reaction is WHY ME? And at some point, you settle into the fact that this is where your life is about to change…literally.

I was panicked the first time I heard the news. I was devastated. This is the type of thing that happens to other people…you know the people you read about on Facebook. Because as we all know, this couldn’t happen to ME…I am somehow immune to this type of thing.

Well, this happened to me. I am not immune. I am the story you read about on Facebook “Woman diagnosed with a terminal illness at age 55”. Oh hell. I am infamous.

Now that we have gotten past the tears and the initial shock of it all. I can continue on with life…for as long as I am permitted. There are some perks to being terminally ill. And I thought I would blog about those perks today.

1. A life sentence means less to me know…murder is no longer OFF THE TABLE as an option when settling disputes.

4. I no longer chase after people I want in my life. The less they come around the shorter the will is going to be in the end.

6. I don’t care what people think about me because in the end…I will haunt the ones who were mean to me anyhow.

7. Staying up to date in today’s fashion is not an issue. Simply because I no longer have to care what anyone thinks…see #6.

8. I no longer have to start watching any recommended new series on TV, I may not see the final season...what’s the point?

9. Cleaning my house from top to bottom is irrelevant. When I die the vultures will ransack it anyhow. (leave the roof…the house doesn’t belong to me)

11. Knowing in advance that the end is near gives me a little time to finalize my exit. Not everyone gets to write their own obituary and have it CURRENT.

12. My last jab at being a control freak…I have the memorial, slideshow, obit, flowers, music, handouts and everything already for THE DAY.

13. I can use the excuse that I am TERMINAL when I am pulled over for speeding…Hey, I am just trying to get from point A to point B in the least amount of time…as my time is limited.

14. I no longer have to eat things I don’t want to eat because it might offend someone if I don’t like their cooking. DUDE! I am dying…why rush it?

16. I can go crazy and buy all the yarn and fabric I want now. Let the kids sort through it all when I am done…no longer my problem.

17. I don’t have to start new projects because it is trendy…who’s to say I will be here to finish it?

18. I listen to CLASSIC ROCK, at least I know the words to those songs. I may not have time to learn the words to this new stuff, no matter how COOL it is.

19. I can start 5 Minecraft worlds and build on them…then will one to each of my kids.

20. I no longer make dinner reservations or order my groceries online…I might not make it that far. Although I do still order my Route 44 Coca Colas from Sonic through the app. I just set the pick-up time to ASAP.

22. When I adopt a pet, I look at the senior pets…I figure we have about the same timeline.

23. When I buy an electronic and the cashier asks if I want the extended warranty, I respond with, “For me or the purchase?”

24. When my doctor writes my prescriptions, she asks if I want that for 6 months or a year. I tell her,” You would know better than me Doc.”

25. I can laugh at my own jokes, but responding at the end of the chuckle with, “I kill me” is no longer appropriate.

26. I don’t buy seasonal clothes, because REALLY? I got two seasons left in me…ALIVE and DEAD. I am wearing tie-dye from here on out and I will wear white after Labor Day – If I get that far.

27. In arguments, I used to yell, “Well excuse my existence!” Now I can yell, “Pardon my DEATH!”

29. Sneezing, coughing, burping, farting…all good sounds. Proof that I am still alive!

30. I don’t have to preorder Christmas presents or cards…If I can’t have concrete proof that I will be there to hand them out…what’s the point?

There you have it, my list of how I cope. I am a spiritual person and believe in God. I have turned this over to Him and asked that His will be done in my life. Because truthfully, only He knows how much time any of us have on this planet. Many may leave this world before I leave, who knows? I do know this much though, I plan to live my remaining days with a smile on my face, laughter in my heart and love all around me every single day. I will not be knocked down by this diagnosis. I will be a victory, not a victim.

After all, I have so many people in Heaven to see again, not to mention Jesus Christ (have I got questions for Him). It has been a blessing to be a part of so many people’s lives, been a grand opportunity to help others smile when it didn’t seem possible. And I have been so very blessed to have so many people love me for ME.

Love all day, every day. Stop chasing people to make them love you, make room for the ones who already do.
Laugh at everything and anything. Laughter is not a crime, at worst its just rude…like we care!

I love you all my friends. I appreciate you all for your part played in this lovely journey called LIFE.
tumblr_n9i39d86rG1sdg0pko4_400.gif Friendly.png

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Hold on wait, Charlie rennee is this for real did they say how long you got?
Im gonna miss you please dont go right away. Every day make it count.

When Jesus knew he was going to die with a death sentence of the cruxifiction he did try and tell the other disciples but many didnt quite understand all the important stuff he needed to do and they were squabbling over unimprtant things. Like who was going to sit next to him etc well at the last supper they were all priveliged to just have him in the same room.

I dont really know how long ive got left to live God hasnt revealed that to me yet I dont know the day or hour Hes going to take me home. But I always knew that each day Ive got with Him is precious. This is why sometimes I get a bit frustrated with people who act like they got all the time in the world but are just coasting long when they can be doing great things for God and shining His light brighter. Im like is that playing that video game or seeing evry single movie THAT imprortant?

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Mum kept thinking she was going to die this year cos of a cancer diagnosis it was only really a scare and they got it early and removed it and shes fine. But she kept saying i dont know if ill be here but here she still is and she did get to go overseas with my dad to visit my sister.

But now it seems shes ok and had the church praying for her, she even came with me to a mothers day service. The doctors were not saying its terminal but if they had said that it would have affected her, but then often I wont believe what a doctor says over what God says. I would check in with God first. And he wasnt saying he she was going anytime soon.

Anyway if you want us to pray for you please just let us know. He has so much to teach us and wants us to finish well. If you know in advance, it can be a blessing.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
It is 100% real. She has a lung condition where it hardens. She has up to 3 years, doctors believe at most.

She is a very close friend of a friend I have known since I was 3.

Hazelelponi

Jul 8, 2019
USA
I'm sorry to hear of your diagnosis... truly I am. It's not easy to hear I'm sure.

wait, this is not about you? If so then disregard.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Her name is dawn and yes prayers for her and her family.

Your mum diagnosed with cancer? So sorry but what an incredible praise report that she is doing ok.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
I'm sorry to hear of your diagnosis... truly I am. It's not easy to hear I'm sure.

wait, this is not about you? If so then disregard.
No this is not me. I understand not being on her same page but I do appreciate the wisdom and humor she finds in much of what she shared.

She loves her Heavenly Father but she is another blood bought member of the family, not a perfect human.

I agree that it must be a challenging thing to hear and receive.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
If nothing else, this helped me remember to focus on things in the Heavenly realm. Puts things in proper perspective...

Aug 3, 2019

I love this! What a special woman she must be, great sense of humor, and amazing faith in God.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
This is the one that I can relate to. Perhaps you really don't start to live until the moment you start to die to self.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
This is the one that I can relate to. Perhaps you really don't start to live until the moment you start to die to self.

Wow, whay you say makes me curious. I pray you and yours are well.

Yes, It is a lesson He teaches us all, huh, brother. Dying to self is not easy, but living for Him is so rewarding. I still have me in me, lol, but her words and His helps to remind me to flee from my foolishness.

DustyRhodes

Dec 30, 2016

Thanks for sharing. We live life each day because we never
know how many days we have. And may God forever be the
center of all who we are and what we do.