The ABCs of Eating Right

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jase

Jun 9, 2021
Aim for fitness
Build a healthy base
Choose sensibly

There are many foods and many ways to build a healthy diet and lifestyle,
so there is a lot of room for choice.
Enjoy the food you eat and take action for good health.

The following guidelines can help maintain your health and reduce your risk
for certain conditions.

Aim for fitness
Aim for a healthy weight
Balance the calories with physical activity.
Get moving with moderate activity at least 3 days a week
and make it part of your routine.

Build a healthy base
Choose a variety of grains, fruits and vegetables.

Choose sensibly
Eat a diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol.
Choose beverages and foods low in added sugars.
Choose sensible portions.
Limit portion size of foods which can be high in calories or fats,
such as cookies, cakes, fried foods.

Gold Luck! 😉

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I have been chronically underweight my entire adult life. Basically, I can eat whatever I want and as much as I want without gaining weight. I have a very fast metabolism. I really don't pay much attention to my sugar intake but it definitely is not extreme. Either way, it wouldn't really matter. I'm down with cookies, cakes, and fried foods, but even then, I don't really eat to excess.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
yes I dont understand the over eating.
Wouldnt you feel full after eating so much and then stop?

I dont like how people force you to eat more when you are full. You can only fit so much food in at once.

Ideally should be eating 3 full meals a day but I dont know how peoples eating habits are now as it seems people skip breakfast, lunch or some just snack throughout the day. Or they go without food for the day and then eat it all at night. That cant be healthy.

P

persistent

yes I dont understand the over eating.
Wouldnt you feel full after eating so much and then stop?

I dont like how people force you to eat more when you are full. You can only fit so much food in at once.

Ideally should be eating 3 full meals a day but I dont know how peoples eating habits are now as it seems people skip breakfast, lunch or some just snack throughout the day. Or they go without food for the day and then eat it all at night. That cant be healthy.
Nuts come in a natural package but some work involved. Maybe were available in Eden and started rock...rock....nut which morphed to rock...paper..scissor

Apr 12, 2022
Ohio
Agree with ABC of eating right - Also I find that eat slowly & don't eat after 8PM

MichaelZ

Jun 11, 2023
For me, getting diagnosed with prostate cancer was a big wake up call. I followed the diet regimen of “Chris Beat Cancer” and am still trying to follow it most of the time since it reduces inflammation. Basically, lots of fresh vegetables and fruit, whole grains like rice, quinoa, lentils (instead of breads), very little meat and dairy, and avoiding processed foods. Good carbs (as opposed to no carbs) and Whole Foods. And good fats like olive oil instead of hydrogenated oils.

Apr 12, 2022
Ohio
For me, getting diagnosed with prostate cancer was a big wake up call. I followed the diet regimen of “Chris Beat Cancer” and am still trying to follow it most of the time since it reduces inflammation. Basically, lots of fresh vegetables and fruit, whole grains like rice, quinoa, lentils (instead of breads), very little meat and dairy, and avoiding processed foods. Good carbs (as opposed to no carbs) and Whole Foods. And good fats like olive oil instead of hydrogenated oils.
It is great that you are addressing your diagnoses head on. Keep up the good work.

Jul 12, 2021
Yes sugar is the worst thing ever is literally in everything that come package. I love this ABCs