The Answer Which You Seek Is Found In The Cross

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 3, 2016
The Cross is a Finished Work. Every single blessing received by the Child of God comes through Calvary.

The Way Of The Spirit
Focus: The Lord Jesus Christ (John 14:6)
Object Of Faith: The Cross of Christ (Romans 6:1-14)
Power Source: The Holy Spirit (Romans 8:1-2, 11)
Results: Victory (Romans 6:14)

Man's Way
Focus: Works.
Object Of Faith: Performance.
Power Source: Self.
Results: Defeat!

The only way to God is through Jesus Christ (John 14:6)...the only way to Jesus Christ is by the Means of the Cross (Luke 14:27). The only way to the Cross is a denial of self (Luke 9:23). If any person tries to come any other way, Jesus says, "they are a thief and a robber" (John 10:1).

1. Jesus Christ is the source of all blessings.
2. The Cross is the means by which all blessings are given.
3. The object of our faith must be Christ and the Cross.
4. That being done, the Holy Spirit will greatly help us.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
The Cross is a Finished Work. Every single blessing received by the Child of God comes through Calvary.

The Way Of The Spirit

This is on the edge of idolatry. Jesus Christ HIMSELF is the object of our faith. The cross (non-capitalized) was merely the instrument of His death.

Romans 6:1-14 says nothing about the cross. It mentions Christ crucified, but not the tool through which His death was brought about.

Sep 3, 2016
“18 For the preaching (Message) of the Cross is to them who perish foolishness (Spiritual things cannot be discerned by unredeemed people, but that doesn’t matter; the Cross must be preached just the same, even as we shall see); but unto us who are Saved it is the Power of God. (The Cross is the Power of God simply because it was there that the total sin debt was paid, giving the Holy Spirit, in Whom the Power resides, latitude to work mightily within our lives.)

19 For it is written (Isa. 29:14), I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent (speaks to those who are wise in their own eyes, in effect, having forsaken the Ways of the Lord).

20 Where is the wise? (This presents the first of three classes of learned people who lived in that day.) where is the Scribe? (This pertained to the Jewish Theologians of that day.) where is the disputer of this world? (This speaks of the Greeks, who were seekers of mystical and metaphysical interpretations.) has not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? (This pertains to what God did in sending His Son to Redeem humanity, which He did by the Cross. All the wisdom of the world couldn’t do this!)” 1 Cor. 1:18-20

Excerpt From
The Expositor's Study Bible
Jimmy Swaggart
https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/the-expositors-study-bible/id399697870?mt=11
This material may be protected by copyright.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
This is on the edge of idolatry. Jesus Christ HIMSELF is the object of our faith. The cross (non-capitalized) was merely the instrument of His death.
Correct. Our total focus must be on Christ -- crucified, resurrected, ascended, and exalted. That includes the power of the shed blood of Christ, which is now *the blood of sprinkling* on the Mercy Seat in the Heavenly Sanctuary. And Christ is now in Heaven as our GREAT HIGH PRIEST.

The cross was the instrument by which Christ finished the work of redemption. But the Lamb of God on the cross was the supreme sacrifice which God provided in Christ. *God will provide Himself a Lamb* is what Abraham said prophetically. Therefore Jesus said these highlighted words before the foundation of the world:

HEBREWS 10
1 For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.
2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.
3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.
4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.
5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:
6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.
7Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.
8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;
9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.
10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
11 And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:
12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.
14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

Sep 3, 2016
“23 But we preach Christ Crucified (this is the Foundation of the Word of God and, thereby, of Salvation), unto the Jews a stumblingblock (the Cross was the stumblingblock), and unto the Greeks foolishness (both found it difficult to accept as God a dead Man hanging on a Cross, for such Christ was to them);” 1 Cor. 1:23

JSM

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
No - that's not it, I've been seeking for a word for two weeks.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
The preached 'cross' or the message of the cross is not merely the piece of wood Jesus died on but it is the message which opens the door to eternal life when it is received...
Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)

It separates the 'spiritualized Jesus' of today of which many embrace without acknowledging one's own sinfulness, on the one hand, and on the other hand the true Jesus who comes and rescues sinful and doomed humanity through His perfect obedience and shed blood atoning for our sins...the sinless ONE for the sinful ones.

Dec 12, 2013
I always wonder why people do not wear gold electric chairs or syringes around their necks....and why people/religions still have Jesus on the cross......

Sep 3, 2016
If the Cross of Christ is not strictly the Object of our Faith, God looks at everything else as "worldliness." No matter how religious our efforts may be otherwise, it is still looked at by the Lord as "friendship with the world." This means the Believer in essence becomes an "enemy of God."

Philippians 3:17-21 King James Version (KJV)

ENEMIES OF THE CROSS DOCTRINE

17 Brethren, be followers together of me (be "Fellow-imitators"), and mark them which walk so as you have us for an ensample (observe intently).

18 (For many walk (speaks of those attempting to live for God outside of the victory and rudiments of the Cross of Christ), of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping (this is a most serious matter), that they are the enemies of the Cross of Christ (those who do not look exclusively to the Cross of Christ must be labeled "enemies"):

19 Whose end is destruction (if the Cross is ignored, and continues to be ignored, the loss of the soul is the only ultimate conclusion), whose God is their belly (refers to those who attempt to pervert the Gospel for their own personal gain), and whose glory is in their shame (the material things they seek, God labels as "shame"), who mind earthly things.) (This means they have no interest in Heavenly things, which signifies they are using the Lord for their own personal gain.)

20 For our conversation (citizenship) is in Heaven (meaning the other ways will have no place in Heaven); from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ (the Rapture):

21 Who (the Lord) shall change our vile body (the Resurrection), that it may be fashioned like unto his Glorious body (every Saint will have a Glorified Body), according to the working whereby He is able even to subdue all things unto Himself. ("All things" are done through the Cross.)

"All things" are done through the Cross. If you leave the Cross, you enter death (Romans 8:1-2, 6, 13)

JSM

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
I always wonder why people do not wear gold electric chairs or syringes around their necks....and why people/religions still have Jesus on the cross......
Well, with groups like the ACLU trying to erase it's presence from the public, I am tempted to placard a hunk-a-one around my neck LOL.

Dec 12, 2013
Well, with groups like the ACLU trying to erase it's presence from the public, I am tempted to placard a hunk-a-one around my neck LOL.
Haha hilarious bro.....tragic truth....we, our beliefs, our churches and the bible will continue to be ostricized and by law relegated/consigned to the pages of history...........and jail I might add.....with a side order of death in the end!

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Philippians 3:17-21 King James Version (KJV)
17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.
18 (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)
20 For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:
21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.
Fixed it for you... I got rid of that messy red stuff you spilled all over the word of God.

If the Cross of Christ is not strictly the Object of our Faith, God looks at everything else as "worldliness." No matter how religious our efforts may be otherwise, it is still looked at by the Lord as "friendship with the world." This means the Believer in essence becomes an "enemy of God."
The "cross of Christ" is a metaphor only. The cross was not prophesied dozens of times, born of a virgin, descended from David, and raised in Galilee. The cross did not spend a night in prayer before calling the disciples. The cross was not glorified on the mount beside Moses and Elijah. The cross did not turn water into wine, heal the sick, or raise the dead. The cross did not drip sweat mixed with blood. In fact the cross did nothing but receive the nails that held our Saviour. The cross was not raised from the dead, and the cross is not coming again in glory. The cross is not God incarnate...

JESUS is.

Sep 3, 2016
Fixed it for you... I got rid of that messy red stuff you spilled all over the word of God.

The "cross of Christ" is a metaphor only. The cross was not prophesied dozens of times, born of a virgin, descended from David, and raised in Galilee. The cross did not spend a night in prayer before calling the disciples. The cross was not glorified on the mount beside Moses and Elijah. The cross did not turn water into wine, heal the sick, or raise the dead. The cross did not drip sweat mixed with blood. In fact the cross did nothing but receive the nails that held our Saviour. The cross was not raised from the dead, and the cross is not coming again in glory. The cross is not God incarnate...

JESUS is.
You are not a Christian and not saved! Whoever agrees with you is not saved! Repent and get to a Pastor asap!

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
You are not a Christian and not saved! Whoever agrees with you is not saved! Repent and get to a Pastor asap!
Once you've gotten yourself past your reactivity, perhaps you could explain what in my post leads you to think that I'm not saved.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Why would one that does get saved must now see a pastor and what denomination of pastor do you recommend?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
[QUOTE="MessageOfTheCross, post: 3805931, member: 245115"]“23 But we preach Christ Crucified (this is the Foundation of the Word of God and, thereby, of Salvation), unto the Jews a stumblingblock (the Cross was the stumblingblock), and unto the Greeks foolishness (both found it difficult to accept as God a dead Man hanging on a Cross, for such Christ was to them);” 1 Cor. 1:23[/QUOTE]
The problem with this commentary is that it is self-contradictory. The part I left in bold is error: the cross itself was not a stumbling block to the Jews; rather, the crucifixion of Jesus was the stumbling block. The third comment above notes this.

Jews were expecting an earthly king, a conquering saviour who would overthrow the Romans. Clearly any man who was crucified could not be their Messiah.

"The cross" when used as a metaphor for the suffering, death and resurrection of Christ is legitimate. "The cross" when capitalized, overused, and divorced from its metaphorical meaning is idolatrous.

Perhaps it's time to stop posting JSM material and start posting just your own thoughts or unadulterated Scripture.

Blik

Dec 6, 2016

The Way Of The Spirit
Focus: The Lord Jesus Christ (John 14:6)
Power Source: The Holy Spirit (Romans 8:1-2, 11)
Results: Victory (Romans 6:14)

Man's Way
Focus: Works.
Object Of Faith: Performance.
Power Source: Self.
Results: Defeat!

The only way to God is through Jesus Christ (John 14:6)...the only way to Jesus Christ is by the Means of the Cross (Luke 14:27). The only way to the Cross is a denial of self (Luke 9:23). If any person tries to come any other way, Jesus says, "they are a thief and a robber" (John 10:1).

1. Jesus Christ is the source of all blessings.
4. That being done, the Holy Spirit will greatly help us.
This is all so true when people allow their hearts to be open to God and not make the cross a means of closing out God in God's completeness.

Often people say Christ stopped every one of the covenants God made with us. They say Christ didn't fulfill and complete, but Christ was the start. They say Christ cancelled everything of the Father, Christ is not the Son but Christ is now the all, the I am, Christ stands alone.

It is true that Christ ended the sacrificial system. We know that because Christ lived on after being crucified and we know that because the first Passover is a complete picture of what Christ does for us.

We know that Pentecost put an end to rituals leading to law obedience because that was the purpose of the first Pentecost. The Pentecost in Acts tells us of how it was made complete.

We know that Christ was emphatic about the meaning of the law, that the law was not only orders for how to live but those orders were to be obeyed from the heart. It was always so, Christ made this clearer to us.

But Christ completed, Christ made perfect what is and was, Christ never once said He cancelled all that was.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Am a bit wary when people copy and paste other preachers sermons into a bible discussion and not their own thoughts/conclusions.

christ crucified...means Jesus on the cross. Its his blood that paid for our sins. Yes thats very important for without blood there is no remission of sin.

JEsus said people must take up their cross and follow Him. I dont think he meant a literal cross.

Of the cross itself, it was made of wood, presumably from a tree....and the first thing God planted and let adam and Eve know about was the tree..the trees they could eat from, the tree that they couldnt. So none of it is without significance. We know Jesus was a carpenter or the son of one so would have known all about wood, nails, building etc. later we hear that Jesus died on a tree. Acts 5:30 . They mean the same crucifixtion its just a different way to describe it.

Although I am inclined to say and have heard pastors say this...the answer to everything is Jesus. :)
But yes the crucifixtion was important because Jesus paid our ransom, only his blood could redeem us and cover all our sins.