The awkward moment when....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 25, 2015
I created a thread like this a few years ago on here, but....can't find it! And, forgive me if there is another one floating around somewhere.

If you are anything like me, you have a lot of awkward moments in your lifetime.

So, what is an awkward moment you can think of? It could have happened to you, someone else you know, or just a funny awkward moment you've heard of!

Soooo, here's mine.....:ROFL:

The awkward moment when the doctor is about to weigh me and she asks, "How do you usually weigh yourself?" And I respond with, "Butt naked," and she just looks at me weird and says, "I meant, do they make you take your shoes off before they weigh you here?" Guys, how have I come this far in adulthood and not succumbed to my awkwardness?

So, what's yours ?

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
I went to a funeral and the wife of the guy who died thanked me for coming and I told her it was my pleasure. :(

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
When you are going to a movie, the person says “enjoy your show” and you say “thank you, you too.” 🤔

S

Stranger36147

That awkward moment in middle school, when everyone, including me, was walking to their next class. What's awkward about that? Well. as I was walking to my next class with all these people walking around me, my pants fell down. I pulled my pants back up as fast as I could and looked at all the people walking around me. No one seemed to notice or care, but it was still awkward for me at least. Guess those pants I was wearing at the time didn't fit me very well. :(

love_comes_softly

Feb 13, 2019
My latest awkward moment was when one of my student's dad asked if I was dating anyone in front of a bunch of strangers and I ask "why?"

The entire situation was awkward and threw me because I hadn't realized her parents weren't together, but what on earth would make me ask, "why?" It made the situation even worse.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
To paraphrase an old song:

"Awkward moments, I've had a few / But then again, too few to mention..."

But I'll mention one anyway.

The awkward moment when somebody is washing dishes and you get through eating a sandwich... do you hold the plate? Leave it on the counter? Sheepishly slip it in the dishwater?

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
Well hello, Shineyourlight! It's good to see you again!! :D

May 25, 2015
To paraphrase an old song:

"Awkward moments, I've had a few / But then again, too few to mention..."

But I'll mention one anyway.

The awkward moment when somebody is washing dishes and you get through eating a sandwich... do you hold the plate? Leave it on the counter? Sheepishly slip it in the dishwater?
The struggle is real, my friend. The struggle is REAL.

Growing up, my Mom always told me to just put it in the sink.

Now that I have lived by myself, I'm the only one that does my dishes so it doesn't even matter.

Socreta93

Jul 28, 2015
When I have to decide split second whether to hold the elevator for someone when they are entering the building but they see me if I don't

S

Susanna

When I held the door for this random man, and his wife/girlfriend/whatever who was trailing right behind him looked at me like I was trying to take her candy from her😁.

Born_Again

Nov 15, 2014
When those tacos go right through you and you're meeting the inlaws for the first time.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
That awkward moment when someone shares something traumatic that happened to them and you mean to text your supportive response with the phrase “side note I’m sorry that happened” and it autocorrects to “Side not sorry that happened.” 😭

They have not spoken to me since.

melita916

Aug 12, 2011
The awkward moment you open the car door only to realize it’s not your car.