The awkward moment when....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Smooth

Jul 22, 2019
I was an EMT and had to transfer a pt from his hospital bed to a cot. He was under a sheet and I told him to straighten out his (right) leg so I could grab it and assist him to the cot. He gave me a dirty look and refused to straighten his leg. I repeated myself a little more forcefully, then taking a closer look, realized his leg had been amputated. Ground swallow me was the only thing I could think of.

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
That awkward moment when someone shares something traumatic that happened to them and you mean to text your supportive response with the phrase “side note I’m sorry that happened” and it autocorrects to “Side not sorry that happened.” 😭

They have not spoken to me since.
HE SAW I HAD A TYPO I AM SO HAPPY TTATT

Krumbeard

Apr 15, 2019
I was on a couple of dates with someone and they agreed to go on a third. I send them a message about when and where they'd like to go for the next one. Hit send.

Then realized that I received a message from them about a minute before that they ended things.😐

A

AuntieAnt

That awkward moment when you haven't been on CC for months, logon and venture into the BDF to post a few scriptures, and are quickly reminded why you haven't been around for awhile. o_O

rumble.jpg

L

LittleMermaid

In middle school I liked a football player named Chris. On Fridays they wore their jerseys. So I was sitting with my friends and I turned to look at him. He looked so cute in his jersey. Then my friend Angela said “LM, you like Chris right? Ooooo Everyone! LM likes Chris!”
I was so embarrassed especially because Chris looked at us and said “ew!”
:cautious:

Ellorah

Jan 28, 2019
South Carolina
When you are ready to leave the beach but can’t walk because you have sand in your shorts in awkward places 😂😂😂😜

BruceWayne

Aug 7, 2013
Gotham City
So, a few years ago, I went with my mom to the grocery store. I just had to run in and get something, so she stayed in the car. She had a rental at the time, because hers was being worked on and I wasn't quite acquainted with it.

Well, I come back out and return to the car. I open the door and bend down to see this woman around 60 reaching for her door handle as she's screaming. I'm standing there, dressed in my scrubs from my clinical that day and she's bolted out the door, probably faster than she's moved in years. I just kind of say, "oops." and leave her with a stunned expression on her face.

I'm almost certain she thought I was an escaped convict stealing her car, but the cars looked so similar! I take no blame.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Only awkward thing that has happened to me lately:

I was doing a delivery and my customary response is "thanks! I appreciate it! Have a good night or nice day (I default to night even at 3pm so that is a "little" awkward)

Sometimes they beat me to the punch and there's a little awkward pause...and I have some type of comeback

This particular instance I said enjoy your friday...and he said "thanks you too" "have a good weekend" I was stunned speechless for some reason and responded with an upraised hand and left without another word.

Hasn't ever happened to me before...incredibly bizarre as to my reaction.

Possibly since I was working all weekend every weekend my brain execute "search function response.exe" "Error. Protocol invalid. Response not found." ;)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I know the feeling. My brain does the same thing whenever people around me are rejoicing about the weekend.

M

Miri

That awkward moment when a youngish guy tried to
chat me up and complimented me on my purple Hair.
I politely explained that while I may not look it, I’m actually old
enough to be his mother. Lol

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
That awkward moment when a youngish guy tried to
chat me up and complimented me on my purple Hair.
I politely explained that while I may not look it, I’m actually old
enough to be his mother. Lol

Hey, some guys prefer a "mature" woman (either that or they have Mommy issues).

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
I don't have awkward "moments."

That would imply a length of time separating the bouts of stupidity.

M

Miri

That awkward moment when the doctor does a house call.
He starts coughing and spluttering, so I had to get him a bottle of
water, and there’s me asking if he is ok. 🥴

H

Hamarr

I like to create these. Most of them are along the lines of:
Delivery Guy: "Thanks for the tip. Enjoy your pizza"
Me: "Thanks, you too!"

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
When you are talking to an ex-boyfriend and accidentally call him sweetheart. Was my face red.

H

Hamarr

I just had one a few months notes ago. I saw a stink bug in my apartment earlier this week and called maintenance to come spray. I wasn’t sure if he had already come. He shows up while I am just finishing up on the can and start undressing to take a shower. Since I live alone, I never bother to close the bathroom door unless someone is over. Not sure how much of a show he got, but he was waiting outside while I got dressed and then kept apologizing.

Krumbeard

Apr 15, 2019
When you use a public restroom and go number two and then realize the toilet paper roll is empty.

Hasn't happened to me but it would be awkward.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Oh aye... always check for TP first!

And know what the rules are when traveling. Some countries have automated machines that dispense TP for money. Some countries you need to bring your own.