The awkward moment when....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
……..when you know the Grand Prize of the Bass Tournament will surely not be yours......

weefishie.jpg

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
When you use a public restroom and go number two and then realize the toilet paper roll is empty.

Hasn't happened to me but it would be awkward.
Oh aye... always check for TP first!

And know what the rules are when traveling. Some countries have automated machines that dispense TP for money. Some countries you need to bring your own.

I worked in new construction for 19 years. Unless you're taking a drive, you have nothing but porta johns that are serviced once a week and sometimes some jerk will come along and swipe the TP the day after they are serviced. I tend to keep a roll in the truck just in case even now because even though I work for myself in existing homes occasionally I come across work in a vacant home where whomever vacated it wasn't kind enough to even leave a partial roll behind.

May 25, 2015
Guys, I have a date on Friday night.

I'm sure there will be a lot of awkward moments and until then, I will fill you in on all the awkwardness of it.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013

I'm sure there will be a lot of awkward moments and until then, I will fill you in on all the awkwardness of it.
I'm thinking your date will be, love at first sight, marriage in 6 months, and 3 kids in 4 years. Crazy. Enjoy being swept off your feet.

O.k. back to awkward moments. Going to the year end holiday party at work. Argh! Talk about awkward. Every time I go, no matter what company, how good or bad the environment is, it's just weird.

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
ArtsieSteph's moment reminded me of why I am reluctant to text. There is nothing like sending out a text and signing it, "hugs, Deb", and finding out that what you actually sent was a text that said "jugs, Deb". Needless to say my friend was gracious enough to share the story with everyone on Facebook. I wore that name for waaaaay too long. Blush.

H

Hamarr

My favorite are the texts that make me look like I was having a stroke. Yay auto correct.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I'm thinking your date will be, love at first sight, marriage in 6 months, and 3 kids in 4 years. Crazy. Enjoy being swept off your feet.

O.k. back to awkward moments. Going to the year end holiday party at work. Argh! Talk about awkward. Every time I go, no matter what company, how good or bad the environment is, it's just weird.
Yeah, we gotta put up with each other enough at w*rk. We shouldn't have to pretend to be sociable too. And we don't even get paid for it...

Dilbert comic:
https://dilbert.com/strip/1993-02-26

Transcript for people who are paranoid about clicking links, even to well known comic strips:
BOSS: We're having a department bowling night tomorrow. It's my way of rewarding all of you for your performance this quarter.
DILBERT: We hate doing things together at night.
BOSS: I wasn't happy with your performance.

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
That awkward moment when someone calls you their future ex-wife .

20190918_085804.jpg

May 25, 2015
Gross. :sick:

How was the end-of-the-year party?!

S

Susanna

My favorite are the texts that make me look like I was having a stroke. Yay auto correct.
Autocorrect is lame, but yet better than my own spelling. I’ll just have to accept the evil, yet amusing, involuntary humor I produce by keeping autocorrect ready and willing😁🤗.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

Just relax and enjoy yourself. You're not a novice at dating so I'm sure that things will go fine.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

It must be the end of the fiscal year where you work. We used to celebrate ours on July 1.

H

Hamarr

Autocorrect is lame, but yet better than my own spelling. I’ll just have to accept the evil, yet amusing, involuntary humor I produce by keeping autocorrect ready and willing😁🤗.
Auto correct keeps changing "sinning" to "winning". Is it trying to tell me something?

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Gross. :sick:

How was the end-of-the-year party?!
Last one I went to was in 2017. No comment. What happened to the old saying, "don't mix business with pleasure?"

So, I'm guessing it didn't go so well?!?! Well, I was trying to help.

May 25, 2015
Last one I went to was in 2017. No comment. What happened to the old saying, "don't mix business with pleasure?"

So, I'm guessing it didn't go so well?!?! Well, I was trying to help.
Haha, it went alright. :) And no, thanks for helping :D

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Let's just say I'm not planning to move forward with him ;)
Que sera sera, what ever will be will be, the future is not ours to see, que sera sera. ~Doris Day

I heard an awesome sermon by Doug Bachelor again, I might be his biggest fan. Is there such a thing as a fan club for a pastor?!?!

Anyways, he said, keep your treasures in heaven, so it doesn't get stolen. God is our treasure! I don't know, Doug just says things that make sense to me. To each his own I presume.

Better luck next time on Mr. Right.

I will share an awkward moment. So, I went to Lowes, and said, your debit/credit card machines for paying for merchandise are all messed up. For whatever reason, that day they switched to insert your debit card with the chip. Previously it has always been swipe for debit. Wasn't my proudest moment, but it could of been worse.

1569192589672.png