The Birth of our King

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blain's original post would have been excellent but for the scriptural errors - for which he has already apologised for. As I didn't read the scriptures but the sentiment I didn't even notice the errors!

I along with many other Christians WILL celebrate Christmas (Oh horror of horrors so it doesn't say I can in the Bible!) erm the Bible doesn't say we should or shouldn't celebrate Jesus' birth but as I celebrate the birth of my loved ones of course I'll be including Jesus in that. We do not know the exact date of Jesus' birth (it is thought to be late September/early October) so for me the darkest time of the year seems as good as any to celebrate the birth of the one who brought light! I am already sick of posts on this forum telling those of us who celebrate Christmas that we shouldn't be doing so - and it's only the 1st of December! I'm also sick of people telling us we worship "idols" because we put up a tree or other decoration....let's put this into perspective - NO they aren't idols nor do we worship them DOH! They are Christmas decorations!

Rant over :mad:
 
Blain's original post would have been excellent but for the scriptural errors - for which he has already apologised for. As I didn't read the scriptures but the sentiment I didn't even notice the errors!

I along with many other Christians WILL celebrate Christmas (Oh horror of horrors so it doesn't say I can in the Bible!) erm the Bible doesn't say we should or shouldn't celebrate Jesus' birth but as I celebrate the birth of my loved ones of course I'll be including Jesus in that. We do not know the exact date of Jesus' birth (it is thought to be late September/early October) so for me the darkest time of the year seems as good as any to celebrate the birth of the one who brought light! I am already sick of posts on this forum telling those of us who celebrate Christmas that we shouldn't be doing so - and it's only the 1st of December! I'm also sick of people telling us we worship "idols" because we put up a tree or other decoration....let's put this into perspective - NO they aren't idols nor do we worship them DOH! They are Christmas decorations!

Rant over :mad:



​AMEN SISTER!!! :)
 
x mas.jpg


Yahchanan (John) 4:24, "Yahweh is a Spirit and those who worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in truth."
 
Blain's original post would have been excellent but for the scriptural errors - for which he has already apologised for. As I didn't read the scriptures but the sentiment I didn't even notice the errors!

I along with many other Christians WILL celebrate Christmas (Oh horror of horrors so it doesn't say I can in the Bible!) erm the Bible doesn't say we should or shouldn't celebrate Jesus' birth but as I celebrate the birth of my loved ones of course I'll be including Jesus in that. We do not know the exact date of Jesus' birth (it is thought to be late September/early October) so for me the darkest time of the year seems as good as any to celebrate the birth of the one who brought light! I am already sick of posts on this forum telling those of us who celebrate Christmas that we shouldn't be doing so - and it's only the 1st of December! I'm also sick of people telling us we worship "idols" because we put up a tree or other decoration....let's put this into perspective - NO they aren't idols nor do we worship them DOH! They are Christmas decorations!

Rant over :mad:

But to make sure, especially for all those in the UK, just beware the figgy pudding that damns.
 
I'm as mad as Hell grrr!
ahh, don't be. Come join the club for your fellow heathens, such as Blain and myself..lol :) I'm gonna be putting up *gasp* Christmas lights, and *oh the horror* getting a small fake tree for my apartment..lol :) I even intend to *oh no she didn't* go christmas shopping!! :o ​FOR THE CAT!! lmbo.. I'm SUCH a sinner..lord forgive me :)
 
Typical Blue Bugster, have to squint at everything she posts.



Dude, if you can't see the ginormity of this font, then you need glasses!! lmbo :)


quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by blue_ladybug

​AMEN SISTER!!!
 
ahh, don't be. Come join the club for your fellow heathens, such as Blain and myself..lol :) I'm gonna be putting up *gasp* Christmas lights, and *oh the horror* getting a small fake tree for my apartment..lol :) I even intend to *oh no she didn't* go christmas shopping!! :o ​FOR THE CAT!! lmbo.. I'm SUCH a sinner..lord forgive me :)

wow, you guys seem to be having a lot of fun with this...

could I ask you what you think this passage means?

Yeremyah 10:1-6, "Hear the word which Yahweh speaks concerning you, O house of Israyl. This is what Yahweh says: Do not learn the way of the heathen and do not be deceived by the signs of heaven; though the heathen are deceived by them For the religious customs of the peoples are vain; worthless! For one cuts a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the ax. They decorate it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, so that it will not move; topple over. They are upright, like a palm tree, but they cannot speak; they must be carried, because they cannot go by themselves. Do not give them reverence! They cannot do evil, nor is it in them to do righteousness!"
 
wow, you guys seem to be having a lot of fun with this...

could I ask you what you think this passage means?

Yeremyah 10:1-6, "Hear the word which Yahweh speaks concerning you, O house of Israyl. This is what Yahweh says: Do not learn the way of the heathen and do not be deceived by the signs of heaven; though the heathen are deceived by them For the religious customs of the peoples are vain; worthless! For one cuts a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the ax. They decorate it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, so that it will not move; topple over. They are upright, like a palm tree, but they cannot speak; they must be carried, because they cannot go by themselves. Do not give them reverence! They cannot do evil, nor is it in them to do righteousness!"


My tree ain't gonna be gettin' cut outta the forest..lol.. it's coming out of a magazine order, and since it's fiber optic, there wont be any ornaments..only color changes..lol :) IMO, the tree decorating is only evil if you WORSHIP it. I don't worship my tree..
 
with my double dose of brain damage I have a hard time focusing and I take medicine for that but this wasn't a matter of not knowing the bible I simply was unable to see them. Honestly it was all kind of a blurr and I barely could even read the scriptures.

Blain,
That's awful if your brain damage is so severe.
What specific kinds of meds are you on?
What particular condition do you have?

I'm sure everyone is concerned.
 
wow, you guys seem to be having a lot of fun with this...

could I ask you what you think this passage means?

Yeremyah 10:1-6, "Hear the word which Yahweh speaks concerning you, O house of Israyl. This is what Yahweh says: Do not learn the way of the heathen and do not be deceived by the signs of heaven; though the heathen are deceived by them For the religious customs of the peoples are vain; worthless! For one cuts a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the ax. They decorate it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, so that it will not move; topple over. They are upright, like a palm tree, but they cannot speak; they must be carried, because they cannot go by themselves. Do not give them reverence! They cannot do evil, nor is it in them to do righteousness!"
It is JEREMIAH and this is what is says: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Jeremiah+10%3A+1-6&version=NIV it speaks of CARVING IDOLS from wood and WORSHIPPING them!
 
wow, you guys seem to be having a lot of fun with this...

could I ask you what you think this passage means?

Yeremyah 10:1-6, "Hear the word which Yahweh speaks concerning you, O house of Israyl. This is what Yahweh says: Do not learn the way of the heathen and do not be deceived by the signs of heaven; though the heathen are deceived by them For the religious customs of the peoples are vain; worthless! For one cuts a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the ax. They decorate it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, so that it will not move; topple over. They are upright, like a palm tree, but they cannot speak; they must be carried, because they cannot go by themselves. Do not give them reverence! They cannot do evil, nor is it in them to do righteousness!"

Scripture addressed to Israel, to do with idolatry and ascribing spiritual significance or any power to dead, inanimate objects. Actually, this had to do with not practicing the religions of the surrounding nations. I take it, since you surely have a Christmas tree in mind, that, if you're prone to worshiping it, you would do best to forego the tree.
 
The Israylites made errors and worshiped false gods:

2 Kings 17:33-34, "They were taught how they might worship Yahweh, but instead they worshiped their own gods according to the customs of the nations from which they had been brought. To this day, they continue to practice their former pagan customs. They do not reverence Yahweh, nor do they follow the statutes, ordinances, Laws, and commandments which Yahweh had commanded the children of Yaaqob, whom He named Israyl."

One of the those false gods was Tammuz:


Ezekiyl 8:13-14, "He also said to me: Turn yet again, and you will see greater abominations that they are doing. Then he brought me to the door of the gate of Yahweh's House, which was toward the north; and behold, there sat women weeping for Tammuz."

Tammuz, Sumerian Dumuzi, in Mesopotamian religion, god of fertility of Sumer in the 3rd and 2nd millennia bce... (britannica.com)

Tammuz "birthday" was:

After Nimrod's death, his so-called mother-wife, Semiramis, propagated the evil doctrine of the survival of Nimrod as a spirit being. She claimed a full-grown evergreen tree sprang overnight from a dead tree stump, which symbolized the springing forth unto new life of the dead Nimrod. On each anniversary of his birth, she claimed, Nimrod would visit the evergreen tree and leave gifts upon it. December 25th, was the birthday of Nimrod. This is the real origin of the Christmas tree."
-The Plain Truth About Christmas by David J. Stewart
 
I take over nine pills and I can never remember the names of them as they are all complicated words I only know what a few of them do but some of them are for my inner organs
Sorry this was meant to quote maxwell
 
It is JEREMIAH and this is what is says: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Jeremiah+10:+1-6&version=NIV it speaks of CARVING IDOLS from wood and WORSHIPPING them!

ORIGIN OF APOLLO.gif

THEY%20KNOWINGLY%20LIE%20TO%20YOU%20ABOUT%20JEREMIAH%2010.gif


THE CHRIST-MASS TREE IS directly referenced in Jeremiah 10. THE PRACTICE is not only referenced DIRECTLY IN THE TEXT ITSELF, but THE ENTIRE THEOLOGY THAT JUSTIFIES IT IS OPENLY, OVERTLY AND BLATENTLY CITED AND CONDEMNED AS BLASPHEMY. Now as you have already seen above, there is an entire theology that surrounds this corrupt practice, it is not just "A Tree", it is A THEOLOGY. But obviously THE TREE is an unmistakable, obvious, and prominent aspect of it's "worship" ritual as are it's IDOLS. So naturally, BOTH ARE MENTIONED DIRECTLY. YES, IT IS MENTIONED DIRECTLY. And the PROOF of that reference will be laid out here in as graphic detail as any honest person needs to see it's presence in not only the text itself, but confirmed, verified and ILLUSTRATED IN STONE, just in case you are stupid enough to believe all the excuse making the Nicolaitan Babelist minister offers, in defense of his intentional corruption of you.

It is said that a PICTURE IS WORTH A THOUSAND WORDS. That is particularly true when it comes to understanding THE TEXT OF SCRIPTURE. It is always easy to choose in a translation from the list of words which are always multiple, the exact words YOU LIKE. The precise and exact word, from the list of possibles, that FIT what you WANT to make people think. BUT when the ACTUAL PRACTICE is depicted in STONE, complete with both ancient and modern commentary on the behavior, and it's known presence as the historical context of the passage in question, then only deceit and the desire to be deceived, and deceive others, remain. Lawyer-lying your way through the "interpretation" of Biblical text will do nothing but assure your own destruction, and those who are stupid enough to indulge your counsel.

And not only do you see TO THE LEFT that the HISTORICAL CONTEXT is not SIMPLY an IDOL, but an ENTIRE PRACTICE, and a THEOLOGY, that included IDOLS (Just as the very practice today does), it is CENTERED AROUND A TREE!! A "SOLSTICE-TREE" ! AND IT IS SPECIFICALLY CALLED A "NATIVITY-TREE" IN PERSIAN !!! (YALDA) christmasisalie
 
The Israylites made errors and worshiped false gods:

2 Kings 17:33-34, "They were taught how they might worship Yahweh, but instead they worshiped their own gods according to the customs of the nations from which they had been brought. To this day, they continue to practice their former pagan customs. They do not reverence Yahweh, nor do they follow the statutes, ordinances, Laws, and commandments which Yahweh had commanded the children of Yaaqob, whom He named Israyl."

One of the those false gods was Tammuz:


Ezekiyl 8:13-14, "He also said to me: Turn yet again, and you will see greater abominations that they are doing. Then he brought me to the door of the gate of Yahweh's House, which was toward the north; and behold, there sat women weeping for Tammuz."

Tammuz, Sumerian Dumuzi, in Mesopotamian religion, god of fertility of Sumer in the 3rd and 2nd millennia bce... (britannica.com)

Tammuz "birthday" was:

After Nimrod's death, his so-called mother-wife, Semiramis, propagated the evil doctrine of the survival of Nimrod as a spirit being. She claimed a full-grown evergreen tree sprang overnight from a dead tree stump, which symbolized the springing forth unto new life of the dead Nimrod. On each anniversary of his birth, she claimed, Nimrod would visit the evergreen tree and leave gifts upon it. December 25th, was the birthday of Nimrod. This is the real origin of the Christmas tree."
-The Plain Truth About Christmas by David J. Stewart
We are all aware that Christmas has pagan origins. Christians turned it into a Christian festival to celebrate the birth of our Lord. It has changed - it is no longer a pagan festival. Those who do not recognise Jesus don't celebrate it - the reason I do. Laws, laws laws...
 
Scripture addressed to Israel, to do with idolatry and ascribing spiritual significance or any power to dead, inanimate objects. Actually, this had to do with not practicing the religions of the surrounding nations. I take it, since you surely have a Christmas tree in mind, that, if you're prone to worshiping it, you would do best to forego the tree.

In order to get the word IT to refer to IDOLS (plural) instead of THE TREE (singular), you have to VIOLATE IT'S GRAMMATICAL CONTEXT in order to do it.

IDOLS%20UNDER%20EVERY%20GREEN%20TREE.gif
 
We are all aware that Christmas has pagan origins. Christians turned it into a Christian festival to celebrate the birth of our Lord. It has changed - it is no longer a pagan festival. Those who do not recognise Jesus don't celebrate it - the reason I do. Laws, laws laws...

So if the Creator says "do not learn the way of the heathen" and "do not worship me in their ways" that means nothing?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.