The Birth of our King

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if the Creator says "do not learn the way of the heathen" and "do not worship me in their ways" that means nothing?
Anyone can twist scripture to suit their own argument. I do not worship God that is in any way inappropriate. I do not worship idols, I celebrate the birth of our Lord and Saviour - that's it.
 
What does the word say about where there is confusion? I'm just saying all who walk in the door get what's in the house! unless you leave like I'm about to.
pastac
 
I along with many other Christians WILL celebrate Christmas (Oh horror of horrors so it doesn't say I can in the Bible!) erm the Bible doesn't say we should or shouldn't celebrate Jesus' birth but as I celebrate the birth of my loved ones of course I'll be including Jesus in that. We do not know the exact date of Jesus' birth (it is thought to be late September/early October) so for me the darkest time of the year seems as good as any to celebrate the birth of the one who brought light! I am already sick of posts on this forum telling those of us who celebrate Christmas that we shouldn't be doing so - and it's only the 1st of December! I'm also sick of people telling us we worship "idols" because we put up a tree or other decoration....let's put this into perspective - NO they aren't idols nor do we worship them DOH! They are Christmas decorations!

Rant over :mad:

Hey check this out Sis... I think you will like it... I sent this to a friend who was wondering about Christmas!

The Christmas tree comes from druidic traditions as you must know. However, we read in Psalm 1 about the righteous man:
Psalms 1:3 ...his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

So what is an evergreen tree in the dictionary of GOD? It is the Righteous One (Jesus), and gifts are at his feet (free gift of life for everybody), and his branches bear fruit and glory of God (ornaments and sweets on the branches), and glory of God rests upon him (the star on the top).
He overrides stuff, yaaaay :D Gotta love Jesus!!!
I wont forbid my children Christmas. I will teach them how it is (the origins), but I will also reclaim every good thing in the name of Jesus.

I do not worship idols, I celebrate the birth of our Lord and Saviour - that's it.

I see the Christmas is getting nearer! Ha ha every year the same!!!
 
In those days there was no king in Israyl. Every man did what was right in his own eyes; just as he saw it.

 
Hey check this out Sis... I think you will like it... I sent this to a friend who was wondering about Christmas!





I see the Christmas is getting nearer! Ha ha every year the same!!!

I think people just need to feel good about themselves. and if they think they are pleasing God by slamming on a pagan holiday then maybe God will give them something special or something.

Amazing how many people have come to God, but celebrating this one event of Gods gift to the earth, Even if it did get its start in paganism. God still took something and used it for his good.
 
God still took something and used it for his good.

ECCLESIASTES 1:4,9-11, "4 One generation passes away, and another generation comes; but the earth remains the same forever. 9 That which has already been, will be yet again. That which has already been done, is what will yet be done again; there is nothing new under the sun. 10 Is there anything of which it may be said: Look! This is new? It has already been in ancient times, well before us. 11 There is no memory of former generations, so there will be no memory of generations which will yet come by those generations who will come afterward."

2 Kings 17:33-34, "They were taught how they might worship Yahweh, but instead they worshiped their own gods according to the customs of the nations from which they had been brought. To this day, they continue to practice their former pagan customs. They do not reverence Yahweh, nor do they follow the statutes, ordinances, Laws, and commandments which Yahweh had commanded the children of Yaaqob, whom He named Israyl."

Deuteronomy 12:29-32, “When Yahweh your Father cuts off the nations from in front of you, and you displace them and live in their land, Be careful not to be ensnared into following them by asking about their gods, saying: How did these nations serve their gods? I also will do the same. You must not worship Yahweh your Father in their way, for every abomination to Yahweh, which He hates, they have done to their gods. They even burn their sons and daughters in the fire as sacrifices to their gods. Whatsoever I command you, be careful to observe and do it, you shall not add to it, nor take away from it."
 
I think people just need to feel good about themselves. and if they think they are pleasing God by slamming on a pagan holiday then maybe God will give them something special or something.

Amazing how many people have come to God, but celebrating this one event of Gods gift to the earth, Even if it did get its start in paganism. God still took something and used it for his good.

God knows what's in my heart, and even when an unbeliever, during those days of Christmas I'd feel a special peace over all the Earth.
It made me turn to God and think about a new start with Him... that's what Christmas means TO ME... it is a reminder of a new year's beginning and how He can melt the ice in our hearts and make us grow and be fruitful, which is what the seasons teach us. The cycle of the year was not made by pagans but by God to tell His things. I certainly dont condemn another who is offended by a non-Jewish holiday. It is between them and God. Hope they feel good about themselves, I dont care whatever another person might think, I am absolutely certain that my heart is pure in it before God.
 
God knows what's in my heart, and even when an unbeliever, during those days of Christmas I'd feel a special peace over all the Earth.
It made me turn to God and think about a new start with Him... that's what Christmas means TO ME... it is a reminder of a new year's beginning and how He can melt the ice in our hearts and make us grow and be fruitful, which is what the seasons teach us. The cycle of the year was not made by pagans but by God to tell His things. I certainly dont condemn another who is offended by a non-Jewish holiday. It is between them and God. Hope they feel good about themselves, I dont care whatever another person might think, I am absolutely certain that my heart is pure in it before God.

The new year is actually around April 1st what the world calls "April fools day", ohh how the world love followers of the Creator. January 1st is from the celebration of Janus...
 
The new year is actually around April 1st what the world calls "April fools day", ohh how the world love followers of the Creator. January 1st is from the celebration of Janus...

God always used Christmas to speak to my heart and call me to HIM and Jesus... not to some Janus... so I believe what I believe based on how GOD used Christmas in my life. I dont worship a tree.
 
God knows what's in my heart, and even when an unbeliever, during those days of Christmas I'd feel a special peace over all the Earth.
It made me turn to God and think about a new start with Him... that's what Christmas means TO ME... it is a reminder of a new year's beginning and how He can melt the ice in our hearts and make us grow and be fruitful, which is what the seasons teach us. The cycle of the year was not made by pagans but by God to tell His things. I certainly dont condemn another who is offended by a non-Jewish holiday. It is between them and God. Hope they feel good about themselves, I dont care whatever another person might think, I am absolutely certain that my heart is pure in it before God.
It was during the Christmas/New year holidays 2012/13 that the Lord began to draw my heart to Himself and so Christmas will always be a very special time for me, no one and I mean NO ONE will ever take that away from me with their version of scripture or laws.
 
God always used Christmas to speak to my heart and call me to HIM and Jesus... not to some Janus... so I believe what I believe based on how GOD used Christmas in my life. I dont worship a tree.
Wow our posts are so similar! Amen sister!
 
God always used Christmas to speak to my heart and call me to HIM and Jesus... not to some Janus... so I believe what I believe based on how GOD used Christmas in my life. I dont worship a tree.

It was during the Christmas/New year holidays 2012/13 that the Lord began to draw my heart to Himself and so Christmas will always be a very special time for me, no one and I mean NO ONE will ever take that away from me with their version of scripture or laws.

You both seem to be taking this very personal.

I never spoke on either of you personally, I simply provided evidence that Christmas is not of Yahweh.
 
They even burn their sons and daughters in the fire as sacrifices to their gods. Whatsoever I command you, be careful to observe and do it, you shall not add to it, nor take away from it."

You have got me thinking. I may forego burning a son or daughter in the fire this year, but worshiping the tree? It can be quite aerobic.
 
You both seem to be taking this very personal.

I never spoke on either of you personally, I simply provided evidence that Christmas is not of Yahweh.
Modern-day Christmas is all about Jesus.
 
Modern-day Christmas is all about Jesus.

So just asking;

Do you think it would be acceptable to the Creator if I worshiped Him using Hindu religious practices? There are new age places that mix hinduisim with the Messiah. Could I adapt this form of worship to be acceptable to the Creator of heaven and earth?
 
As long as Christ is the most important thing in your life,
and he has preeminence,
then it really doesn't matter whether or not you celebrate some particular holiday.

It just doesn't matter.

But I do get tired of arguing about it.
 
How's the air up there, guys? Is it a bit drafty and cool? How can you see where ur goin' with yo noses so far up in the air? A bit of advice: tilt the nose down so you can see clearly..lol :)
 
I knew this would go in this direction its foolishness at the highest level
pastac
 
The new year is actually around April 1st what the world calls "April fools day"

Don't see what the problem is. If we celebrate the birth of Christ, is it not, by example, also Christ-like to celebrate my birthday?
 
As long as Christ is the most important thing in your life,
and he has preeminence,
then it really doesn't matter whether or not you celebrate some particular holiday.

It just doesn't matter.

But I do get tired of arguing about it.

Could you also answer this for me? (And anyone else who thinks in this manner please also answer)

So just asking;

Do you think it would be acceptable to the Creator if I worshiped Him using Hindu religious practices? There are new age places that mix hinduisim with the Messiah. Could I adapt this form of worship to be acceptable to the Creator of heaven and earth?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.