The Brexit Thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Your knickers appear to be already twisted. What your saying is Boris Johnson is damned whatever he does. If he does nothing he
is accused of promoting a no deal and if he tries to negotiate he is only looking for an excuse for a no deal. Fact is the EU will not negotiate supported and encouraged by remainers who have done all they can to sabotage the referendum result since it was announced. This issue goes beyond Brexit. It calls into question the value of our Democratic system. Corbyn and the rest bang on about a peoples vote. Since the people had a vote in 2016 and Parliament appears to ignore it I question whether a peoples vote any longer has any value.
Don't get me wrong. I am 100% pro Brexit. And Boris should by all means utterly ignore the Irish backstop poisoned pill. And simply walk away.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Gosh Boris Johnson annouces the UK will simply walk away from the 39 billion euro debt incurred with the EU. I am not laughing.……...are you?

No matter what they tell you, no matter what they do, no matter how they say it, what you believe is true...yeah.

M

Miri

Gosh Boris Johnson annouces the UK will simply walk away from the 39 billion euro debt incurred with the EU. I am not laughing.……...are you?

No matter what they tell you, no matter what they do, no matter how they say it, what you believe is true...yeah.

It’s not actually a debt, it’s sort of a divorce bill.

So basically when budgets are sorted out for each country in advance, each country
makes a commitment to what they will pay to the EU for that budget period.
So if the U.K. leaves part way through the finance period, the EU still wants it to
honour that commitment.

Boris is saying why should we, if you are not willing to agree a trade deal.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Again, what you believe is true.

And it shall be in those times stha God will pour out a spirit of delusion on the earth so that thos whoLOVED evil will believe lies. Please beware this is the case with so many right now.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Since the people had a vote in 2016 and Parliament appears to ignore it I question whether a peoples vote any longer has any value.
Believe me, this sort of thig isn't only happening in the UK. Here in the great state of Colorado, in the last election cycle, the people overwhelmingly rejected a ballot initiative that would make Colorado's oil and natural gas drilling regulations ridiculously more strict than they already are (we already have among the strictest state regulations in the nation).

Less than a year later, the legislature that was elected in that same election passed a bill enacting those very same regulations that the people rejected. Of course a number of those legislators (including the Governor) are now facing recall.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Believe me, this sort of thig isn't only happening in the UK. Here in the great state of Colorado, in the last election cycle, the people overwhelmingly rejected a ballot initiative that would make Colorado's oil and natural gas drilling regulations ridiculously more strict than they already are (we already have among the strictest state regulations in the nation).

Less than a year later, the legislature that was elected in that same election passed a bill enacting those very same regulations that the people rejected. Of course a number of those legislators (including the Governor) are now facing recall.
Perhaps this is why Colorado is so beautiful in spite of the works of man. God bless all there, amen.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
The government has asked the Queen to suspend Parliament just days after MPs return to work in September - and only a few weeks before the Brexit deadline.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-49493632

Lets pray BJ can get this job done.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
The government has asked the Queen to suspend Parliament just days after MPs return to work in September - and only a few weeks before the Brexit deadline.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-49493632

Lets pray BJ can get this job done.

adonisdemilo

3 minutes ago
remove
link

The only "constitutional outrage" that I'm aware of is the fact that various traitors in the Government are seeking to overturn the result of the referendum which was a vote in favour of leaving the EU.
There were no conditions, no ifs and buts JUST A SIMPLE VOTE TO LEAVE.
TPTB thought there was no chance that we would vote to leave so there weren't any conditions or explanations on how we would leave and what would happen when we told the EU goodbye, it was not nice knowing you.

M

Miri

Parliament is usually suspended every
year for a break. It’s tradition. The timing
of it this year is the issue.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48936711

Parliament was expected to take a break or "recess" anyway from roughly 13 September - 8 October, so in theory this only loses MPs up to seven parliamentary days.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015

adonisdemilo

3 minutes ago
remove
link

The only "constitutional outrage" that I'm aware of is the fact that various traitors in the Government are seeking to overturn the result of the referendum which was a vote in favour of leaving the EU.
There were no conditions, no ifs and buts JUST A SIMPLE VOTE TO LEAVE.
TPTB thought there was no chance that we would vote to leave so there weren't any conditions or explanations on how we would leave and what would happen when we told the EU goodbye, it was not nice knowing you.
If you listen to those who want to remain you might think that the ball is only in our court and the EU had no say in any of it.
The reality is that unless we agreed to the deal Teresa May cooked up with with Brussels or something even weaker there is no way
the EU s going to oblige us by granting extensions forever. The truth is that the opposition parties want to ignore the
result of the 2016 election. As far as I see it the Liberal Democrat Party who I have always despised is the only one who has the
guts to spell out their intention to remain. The rest only pretend to be working in accordance to the outcome of the referendum.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
If you listen to those who want to remain you might think that the ball is only in our court and the EU had no say in any of it.
The reality is that unless we agreed to the deal Teresa May cooked up with with Brussels or something even weaker there is no way
the EU s going to oblige us by granting extensions forever. The truth is that the opposition parties want to ignore the
result of the 2016 election. As far as I see it the Liberal Democrat Party who I have always despised is the only one who has the
guts to spell out their intention to remain. The rest only pretend to be working in accordance to the outcome of the referendum.
Its all about the money. Even the bishops sent a petition arguing that Brexit will "hurt the poor".

These remainer crowd have no sense of right and wrong, or understanding of personal or national sovereignty and individual rights and freedoms.

Lets pray this Brexit happens, and Briton is not subsumed into the communist influence of the EU.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Someone, somewhere in the UK had to agree to terms for entering the EU, ergo there probably should be agreement on quitting. Responsibility is always present and important.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Someone, somewhere in the UK had to agree to terms for entering the EU, ergo there probably should be agreement on quitting. Responsibility is always present and important.
If the negotiations were in good faith, maybe so. But they are not. The Irish backstop is a poison pill that the EU commies refuse to strike down. That being the case, BJ is obliged to walk away in order to preserve the rights and freedoms of the British people.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
https://www.zerohedge.com/geopoliti...ohnson-suspending-parliament-ahead-brexit-day

Tirion

2 hours ago
remove
link

Shows how little I know, but I'm surprised the court thinks it has jurisdiction to block the order to prorogue, which was presumably issued by The Queen in Council?

woodsman5

1 hour ago
It doesn't. the issue is the advice given to the Queen. The Queen is duty bound to follow the Prime Minister's advice, she is a constitutional monarch.
Most of the people who want to stay in the European Union want Britain to be a republic, hence why they are trying to get the Queen involved. If the Queen were to make an executive decision it would be unconstitutional and the high court would have to throw her decision out.
The British have a very good and shrewd Queen, no certain her kids are up for much but she is. Whatever anyone tells you the Queen is far more popular than politicians.
England will never be a republic, never goin to happen.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
As I write the leader of the opposition has managed to get remainer mobs on the streets of eight UK cities including London
to ''defend democracy'' against Boris Johnson. The next few weeks are going to be very difficult. Meanwhile the UK is expecting heavy rain after our heatwave. I hope those involved today get a good soaking.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Might be an act of G-d, we can pray for this outcome.;)

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
As I write the leader of the opposition has managed to get remainer mobs on the streets of eight UK cities including London
to ''defend democracy'' against Boris Johnson. The next few weeks are going to be very difficult. Meanwhile the UK is expecting heavy rain after our heatwave. I hope those involved today get a good soaking.
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-49534940

The low level union organizer Corbyn is agitating again. Too bad the Queen trumped his hand.

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
We now had confirmation of what many have long suspected. The Labour Party here is being led by Foghorn Leghorn!

S

Susanna

We now had confirmation of what many have long suspected. The Labour Party here is being led by Foghorn Leghorn!
The PM is Barnyard Dawg?😁.