The Chicken Or The Egg

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Chicken VS Egg

• Fried chicken for the win!

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Eggs taste better.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eggs, but only because they are necessary for (other foods you like.)

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Is this argument really necessary? Can't we just eat chicken and eggs and be happy?

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • No idea. I don't cook.

• No idea. I don't get real excited about food.

• Fried chicken with egg in the breading.

• You're a heathen for not using one single Bible verse in this thread!

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Which came first? Who cares? This thread is not about that. (I'm going to solve that though. I placed an order on Amazon.com for one chicken and one egg. I'll let you know which comes first.)

This thread is about which is more tasty, the chicken or the egg? And it's not as simple as it seems...

On one hand we have fried chicken. Easily more delicious than eggs, whether hard boiled, fried, scrambled, poached or cooked in the microwave.

But the egg, see... The egg is so important in so many other things! Chocolate chip cookies, cake, pudding, pie, cheesecake... And that's only desserts. There are many, many recipes that require eggs.

The calculation gets even more difficult because the egg can't claim ALL the credit for any of these. It is only one ingredient. But it does deserve part of the credit for all of them. Without the egg, they would not be what they are.

"But you can make egg-free versions of all those recipes." Uh... Have you ever tried egg-free chocolate cake? If not, take some advice from one who knows and never, ever try it.

So which do YOU think is more tasty? The chicken or the egg? Why?

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
Eggs because they approach chicken status without actually being a chicken. Let's see a chicken try to do that. In that way, eggs are the seed of a hen and a lot of them are veritably born of a virgin hen. Ok, so, I am only yolking there but, they are sort of divine in an earthly way.

CarriePie

Jan 7, 2024
Oklahoma
I'm going with eggs and the first reason that came to my mind was...fried rice recipes!

I grew up with chickens. We had them for their eggs. Also, I like hearing a rooster crow.

I've had chocolate cake made without eggs, and despite what my mother would say, it just isn't as good as cake with egg! I've tried many, many cake recipes. Eggs are a must for a smashing cake!

I like chicken too, but imma pick egg.

Tall_Timbers

Mar 31, 2023
Cheyenne WY
christiancommunityforum.com
I wish we could have selected more than one choice, but then we might have been in violation of Deut 22:6 “If you happen to come upon a bird’s nest along the way, in any tree or on the ground, with young ones or eggs, and the mother sitting on the young or on the eggs, you shall not take the mother with the young;
It appears we should only take one or the other... 1707234575571.png

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
No one ever says...winner, winner egg dinner. Just saying.

Gideon300

Mar 18, 2021
Which came first? Who cares? This thread is not about that. (I'm going to solve that though. I placed an order on Amazon.com for one chicken and one egg. I'll let you know which comes first.)

This thread is about which is more tasty, the chicken or the egg? And it's not as simple as it seems...

On one hand we have fried chicken. Easily more delicious than eggs, whether hard boiled, fried, scrambled, poached or cooked in the microwave.

But the egg, see... The egg is so important in so many other things! Chocolate chip cookies, cake, pudding, pie, cheesecake... And that's only desserts. There are many, many recipes that require eggs.

The calculation gets even more difficult because the egg can't claim ALL the credit for any of these. It is only one ingredient. But it does deserve part of the credit for all of them. Without the egg, they would not be what they are.

"But you can make egg-free versions of all those recipes." Uh... Have you ever tried egg-free chocolate cake? If not, take some advice from one who knows and never, ever try it.

And the answer is "Yes"

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009

I really enjoyed reading this thread and was all set to check almost every box in the poll, but... Gasp! The Shock! The Disappointment! The Looming Sadness! We are limited to only one choice. Such is life. :cry: So of course I had to pick the most sarcastic answer. :whistle::cool:

I'm not a big fan of chicken. I do like the tried-and-true, 5-year-olds approved chicken fingers (with about an inch of well-seasoned, oh-so-crispy breading,) but other than that, I can do without.

Eggs, however, are a staple of my daily diet (cholesterol be dang nabbitted!) I'm not a cook, but eggs are so easy and one of the few fairly healthy, protein-rich foods I don't mind eating often.

Which might not be so good for overworked chickens, but is surely good news for the farmers that raise them.

That reminds me, I have to remember to stop by a house on a route I take maybe once a month that has a "Fresh Eggs" sign in its yard. Bonus points if they have eggs in those cool funky colors, like green and blue. (y)

Pipp

Majestic Llamacorn
Sep 17, 2013
Georgia
While eggs are a necessity for everything including fried chicken.... I have to say chicken will always win my vote (except in the beginning of this thread..cause we do need both) when it comes to taste. Chicken is so versatile... fried chicken, grilled, baked, chicken and dumplings, chicken pot pie, sweet and sour chicken, chicken quesadillas, and the list goes on.....

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
A smashing cake... That would be a mess! :p

This is actually a trend for kids, or so I've read.

Parents order or make an additional smaller cake for their child's 1st birthday, specifically for the little tyke to smash.

I wonder who the genius baker was who came up with this as a ploy to sell two cakes for a kid's birthday instead of just one.

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
This battle between chicken and egg might have come to an end game. Egg farts are somewhat tolerable, you might see this :cautious:, but a chicken fart? :oops: hoooo!

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
This is actually a trend for kids, or so I've read.

Parents order or make an additional smaller cake for their child's 1st birthday, specifically for the little tyke to smash.

I wonder who the genius baker was who came up with this as a ploy to sell two cakes for a kid's birthday instead of just one.
Why does that child look so unhappy? Even as an adult, if I was playing in cake (with full awareness that somebody else would clean up the mess) I would be quite content.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
I wish we could have selected more than one choice, but then we might have been in violation of Deut 22:6 “If you happen to come upon a bird’s nest along the way, in any tree or on the ground, with young ones or eggs, and the mother sitting on the young or on the eggs, you shall not take the mother with the young;
It appears we should only take one or the other... View attachment 260476
Good catch! I was expecting the verse about you shouldn't boil a calf in its mother's milk. I forgot all about the bird one.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Good catch! I was expecting the verse about you shouldn't boil a calf in its mother's milk. I forgot all about the bird one.
I thought it was goat? (Exodus 23:19; Exodus 34:26; and Deuteronomy 14:21) Any who...

The assumption there is that the eggs or young would be taken, and not the mother...

In that case, such rebels are we who prefer chicken to eggs!

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
But a lot of people sure do look forward to the cookie when they go to give blood.
Sure. But they need to get their own motto. Maybe...stucky, stucky...get a Chunky.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
What do you want to eat: chicken, or eggs?

Sure.