The Divine Equation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 4, 2012
14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;)
That law is the Golden Rule. It's definitely not the law of Moses.

Apr 15, 2017
Please explain what "dual polarity" Paul was preaching?
It could mean he is saying that there is scriptures that tells of good things for us, eternal life, peace, joy, needs met, and then there are scriptures that tells us that there is a certain attitude we have to have which is Christlike to receive such good scriptures to apply in our life.

So there is good scriptures to us, but then there are warnings to act right to receive those good scriptures.

Other than that what could it mean that
Just because others can see what is obvious doesn't mean we can afford to ignore the obvious. ;) Look more closely at the judgment concerning the 10 virgins. How many are approved and how many rejected? Look at the rapture. What percentage are taken and what are left?
Now I don't believe that the numbers are meant to be exact...but for the serious student they show the polarity of the truth. It is they who can't see that there IS a polarity that are most in danger of becoming part of the equation they would wish not to be an example of. So then if all men who call on the name of the Lord will be saved how do you explain those who even do miracles in the name of Jesus being rejected? The message is...no one is safe simply because they think they are. That is why wisdom is shown in the equation rather than the opinion of men who are VERY prone to be deceived...both by a very clever devel and their own errant tendencies to believe only good can happen to themselves.

So I would say...not to judge too quickly.
2Ti 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
Rom 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
Rom 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you(food and clothing).

There are scriptures that tell of good things that can happen in our lives, eternal life, peace, love, joy, our needs met, but then there are warnings in the Bible that tell that a person cannot receive those good scriptures in their lives if they do not act Christlike led by the Spirit.

Jan 6, 2018
Just read the bible passages and stop with the faulty reasoning...please. Thank you.
My reasoning isn't faulty. That's why you have not shown it to be faulty. But I have shown that you are misrepresenting the Romans verses.

Jan 6, 2018
It could mean he is saying that there is scriptures that tells of good things for us, eternal life, peace, joy, needs met, and then there are scriptures that tells us that there is a certain attitude we have to have which is Christlike to receive such good scriptures to apply in our life.

So there is good scriptures to us, but then there are warnings to act right to receive those good scriptures.

2Ti 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
Rom 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
Rom 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.

Mat 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you(food and clothing).

There are scriptures that tell of good things that can happen in our lives, eternal life, peace, love, joy, our needs met, but then there are warnings in the Bible that tell that a person cannot receive those good scriptures in their lives if they do not act Christlike led by the Spirit.
No, I pinned him down to two verses in Romans for which he misrepresented as having polar opposite meanings.

Latour

Jun 11, 2018
No, I pinned him down to two verses in Romans for which he misrepresented as having polar opposite meanings.

LOL That's not what I said...I said that 2 opposite SOUNDING things are held together by the truth. Most people just ignore one side to hold onto the other...which is only a half-truth...or a lie if you will.

Latour

Jun 11, 2018

Amen! and good to meet you! :)

Jan 6, 2018
LOL That's not what I said...I said that 2 opposite SOUNDING things are held together by the truth. Most people just ignore one side to hold onto the other...which is only a half-truth...or a lie if you will.
But you gave the analogy of two ACTUAL (not sounding) contradictions of + and - polarities. Your argument is schizophrenic in nature.

Nov 12, 2015
But you gave the analogy of two ACTUAL (not sounding) contradictions of + and - polarities. Your argument is schizophrenic in nature.
DTB,

Should I have concern about you being taken care of and having your needs met, or should I have concern about care of myself and having my needs met?

You may only answer in an either/or fashion.
You may not say there are two answers and that they are interdependent, because to do so is schizophrenic in nature.

Do you see the unreasonable of my request/demand?
Do you see that there are two right answers?
Do you see that if you say the first option is the correct answer, that you are insisting there is no polarity when there is a polarity?
Would the first option ever be true but the other option never be true?
Which option is truer?
Aren't they both equally true?

Now reconsider post #38, which says this:

Not so much really. Here is a balance of statements...

"The soul that sins it shall die!". Now, is that true?

"And...the gift of God (apart from what you have done) is life in Christ Jesus". Is that true?

So which one is more true than the other?

Are they not both held together in Romans 8? "IF you put to death the deeds of the body by the Spirit, then you shall live!" But if you do the deeds of the body you shall die.
Do you see? :)

Jan 6, 2018
DTB,

Should I have concern about you being taken care of and having your needs met, or should I have concern about care of myself and having my needs met?

You may not say there are two answers and that they are interdependent, because to do so is schizophrenic in nature.

Do you see that if you say the first option is the correct answer, that you are insisting there is no polarity when there is a polarity?
Which option is truer?

Only a mentally ill person believes both + and - propositions are both true at the same time.

E

eternally-gratefull

You just earlier said that it DOES have to do with the next life in that your position will be either high or low...
Reread what I said, I did not say this, Karma says that, Not Grace.

E

eternally-gratefull

Sowing has nothing to do with salvation???? Very far from the truth. We reap life by sowing to the Spirit...and we reap death by sowing to the flesh. Unless you think that there is such a thing as "death salvation."

I said it "sounds" like...not is. people judge superficially too often. And here again is a superficial assessment of what I'm saying.
Well my friend, If sewing has something to do with salvation, we are saved by earning salvation by our works.

We reap a good life by sowing, we reap a miserable life (death) by not. That has nothign to do with salvation.

Jesus came not only to give us eternal life. But life hear on earth, as apposed to the death we had been living,

E

eternally-gratefull

There are 2 main commandments...according to the 2 tablets of the 10 commandments...

1. to love God

2. to love others

So the purpose of the law is to get us to love.

So then love fulfills the law.

Rom. 13:10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
I must disagree, The purpose of the law is to bring us to christ, The law can not bring us to love, that was not its purpose. In fact paul says in Gal 3. The law brings a curse, because cursed is everyone who does not obey every letter. The law is a schoolmaster to bring us to christ, after that, we no longer need a schoolmaster (it has completed its purpose in our life.

Being saved is to bring us back to our origional creative state in union with Christ. We love because he first loved us, Apart from Gods love, we have no capacity to love.

I agree, Love is fulfilling the law. But we do not love because of the law. We love because God loved us first.

E

eternally-gratefull

DTB,

Which option is truer?

A christian is supposed to love others first, even their enemy, So option 2 should never be an option for a christian, A christian depends on God to take care of their needs, if they place their needs above others, they are in sin.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
polarity is directionality

- → +

the truth points somewhere. to Jesus of Nazareth

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
There are 2 main commandments...according to the 2 tablets of the 10 commandments...

1. to love God

2. to love others
neither one of those 2 commandments are in the 10.

they are in Deuteronomy 6 & Leviticus 19.

((amazing how often this needs to be pointed out tbh))

according to Christ, all the Law and the prophets hang on something not written on the two tablets.

Nov 12, 2015
Only a mentally ill person believes both + and - propositions are both true at the same time.

Only a mentally ill person believes they should care about themselves AND care about others also...?

You are not making sense. I'm not sure if you are just not paying attention or if I'm not speaking to an adult...you seem to have not yet developed the ability to reason and think things through...

Nov 12, 2015
Let's try simpler.
There is a brown and white cow.
Is the cow brown?
Yes.
Is the cow white?
Yes.
Am I mentally ill if I say both statements are true at the same time?

Nov 12, 2015
A christian is supposed to love others first, even their enemy, So option 2 should never be an option for a christian, A christian depends on God to take care of their needs, if they place their needs above others, they are in sin.
Oh my gosh, I gonna smack my brothers. :)
Stop being irascible!