THE FEARS OF GROWING OLD

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Jase

Jun 9, 2021
Why do old peole read the Bible so much...

Studying for the Test! 🤔

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Personally, I havae never feared growing old. As a chile I used to visit old folks, some ill, some amputees, andmore. I would ask Jesus to allow me to be old one day like my friends then. Now in my late up;s, I do not fear being nor becoming even older for somehow, in spite of every day elder health issues I feel like a child in the sight of our Father.
Perhaps the OP author should meditate upon how the first will be last and the last shall be first.

Jase

Jun 9, 2021
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
-- C.S.Lewis (1898-1963) British writer and lay theologian.

Jase

Jun 9, 2021
Why are old people like a calendar?

Both their days are numbered! ☺️

akaBeliever

Sep 22, 2021

Isaiah 46:4 NKJV

4 Even to your old age, I am He,
And even to gray hairs I will carry you!
I have made, and I will bear;
Even I will carry, and will deliver
you.

Proverbs 16:31

31 The silver-haired head is a crown of glory,
If it is found in the way of righteousness.

Psalm 92:13-14

13 Those who are planted in the house of the Lord
Shall flourish in the courts of our God.
14 They shall still bear fruit in old age;
They shall be fresh and flourishing,

2 Corinthians 4:16

16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Even though our outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.

Lizzy

Jan 18, 2018
I'm doing my best to take really good care of myself, eating right, having fun, lots of quality family time, just good stuff. There are so many adventures out there! I know I can't escape getting older as I'm on this planet, so for now, I'll enjoy my life and thank God for so many great things. I'm really blessed.

Aug 20, 2021
I'm doing my best to take really good care of myself, eating right, having fun, lots of quality family time, just good stuff. There are so many adventures out there! I know I can't escape getting older as I'm on this planet, so for now, I'll enjoy my life and thank God for so many great things. I'm really blessed.
We are like fine wine i am told.The grace in us is beautiful and will destroy the delusion of age.

Lizzy

Jan 18, 2018
We are like fine wine i am told.The grace in us is beautiful and will destroy the delusion of age.
I've heard that too. Although I don't drink wine( I drink other adult beverages in moderation), I think its about savoring our lives and adding good things to it. Theres always something good to appreciate. I also agree with the rest of the quote. That would be a good tshirt; Destroy the Delusion of Age!

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011

Would it be humorous were I to ask, why are all people's days like a calendar? All people's days are numbered. Many fall short of the Biblical number of years accounted man, that is, seventy years or as many as eighty by virtue..

MatthewWestfieldUK

May 13, 2021
With age u appreciate the simple things. Laugh at the over complicated.
Have more fun, but boy does it hurt for dsys after

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011

OK, the joke is on me. I did not see the Forum..blind from age you know, ... I apologize for thinking I was in the BDF.. I, being a bit lazy take the email alert, click on it and respond. Remind me when this happens AGAIN FOR it will!

Jase

Jun 9, 2021
OK, the joke is on me. I did not see the Forum..blind from age you know, ... I apologize for thinking I was in the BDF.. I, being a bit lazy take the email alert, click on it and respond. Remind me when this happens AGAIN FOR it will!
No, YOU ARE RIGHT..WE ALL...As you said..ALL people's days are numbered!
Thanks for contributing!