the great revival?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 8, 2012
Yes!!!! God-(who is love), will remain!
- And we will behold Him face to face!

1 Corinthians 13:12-13

New King James Version (NKJV)
[SUP]12 [/SUP]For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.
[SUP]13 [/SUP]And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love. - (when?) -Now.

Last edited:

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Joel 2:28.
It's been going on for a while.
All of the gifts are without repentance.
"When that which is perfect is come......"
- The canon isn't perfect, (pssst) -it has mistakes.
What lasts when hope and faith are no longer needed?
Has that scripture been fulfilled?
The canon is complete and that is the proper English translation. Complete and the originals given were without errors. Jesus had already come before the scriptures were completed so He is not the "perfect" in this passage. Seeing through the glass darkly is speaking of the OT telling of Messiah. We now see clearly all that has been fulfilled in Jesus Christ.
Jesus did ask if He would find faith on the earth when He returned. Luke 18:8

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Dec 26, 2012
So you are saying the Canon is perfect?
Wait, you still need faith to read and believe it.
You still need hope for all of it's promises to come true.
When did the apostle say we wouldn't need faith and hope?
When we are face to face?
When we are face to face with what? - (or Whom?)
Sorry Rick,

You should know by now that the English word perfect in the Bible can mean complete,mature,goal,end, or purpose.

Of course we need faith and hope till we see Jesus. Once we see Jesus face why would we need hope or faith?

Isn't this how the Bible describes faith

Hebrews 11

11 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. 2 This is what the ancients were commended for.
3 By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God’s command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.

By that definition where would we need faith or hope when we see Jesus?

Paul says this

1 Corinthians 13

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away.9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes,what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Why does Paul say that those three will cease and all that remains is faith,hope and love? If all that remains is faith,hope and love when is the time that the others will cease? It must happen BEFORE Jesus comes back.

And in that passage Paul never says ALL the gifts of the Holy Spirit will cease. He only says those three will cease. If one says all,that is being added to the text when it is NOT there. If one says those three don't end before all that remains is faith,hope and love,contradicts what Paul so plainly says.

So when will that time be when faith,hope and love are all that remains? Hebrews 11 shows faith and hope will not be needed.

Sep 8, 2012
As a plumb line for your doctrine, ask yourself when does knowledge pass away?
If you are going to lump it with the others, you need to reconcile that (by your stance), it ends before faith, hope, and love.
So are you saying we all become daft? As in, without thought, without brains?
No, I cannot abide this doctrine.
Because without knowledge we wouldn't have faith, and without a cerebral cortex we wouldn't have hope.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
If you are going to lump it with the others, you need to reconcile that (by your stance), it ends before faith, hope, and love.
Because without knowledge we wouldn't have faith, and without a cerebral cortex we wouldn't have hope.
With the completed canon of scripture men can study to obtain knowledge. I know of no one who got saved and immediately knew all of the bible so thoroughly that they could preach it with authority. Not like a group of fishermen did long ago.
Can't answer the daft question without insulting others.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Dec 26, 2012
UMM Rick the Bible uses knowledge two ways. Paul had the gift of knowledge,IE he revealed the mysteries. Knowledge can also mean learned. He is not talking about learned knowledge from studying the Word.

Dec 26, 2012
See the problem comes when one tries to make knowledge to include learned knowledge then by default you are saying that the Old Testament saints also had the gifts of the Holy Spirit because they say this

Psalm 119

65 Do good to your servant
according to your word, Lord.
66 Teach me knowledge and good judgment,
for I trust your commands.
67 Before I was afflicted I went astray,
but now I obey your word.

Psalm 19

1.The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
2 Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they reveal knowledge.
3 They have no speech, they use no words;
no sound is heard from them.

Proverbs 1

1 The proverbs of Solomon son of David, king of Israel:
2 for gaining wisdom and instruction;
for understanding words of insight;
3 for receiving instruction in prudent behavior,
doing what is right and just and fair;
4 for giving prudence to those who are simple,[a]
knowledge and discretion to the young—

5 let the wise listen and add to their learning,
and let the discerning get guidance—
for understanding proverbs and parables,
the sayings and riddles of the wise.[b]
The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge,
but fools[c] despise wisdom and instruction.

Proverbs 2

2​
My son, if you accept my words
and store up my commands within you,
2​
turning your ear to wisdom
and applying your heart to understanding—
3​
indeed, if you call out for insight
and cry aloud for understanding,
4​
and if you look for it as for silver
and search for it as for hidden treasure,
5​
then you will understand the fear of the Lord
and find the knowledge of God.

6​
For the Lord gives wisdom;
from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.

7​
He holds success in store for the upright,
he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless,
8​
for he guards the course of the just
and protects the way of his faithful ones.

Proverbs 8

8​
Does not wisdom call out?
Does not understanding raise her voice?
2​
At the highest point along the way,
where the paths meet, she takes her stand;
3​
beside the gate leading into the city,
at the entrance, she cries aloud:
4​
“To you, O people, I call out;
I raise my voice to all mankind.
5​
You who are simple, gain prudence;
you who are foolish, set your hearts on it.[a]
6​
Listen, for I have trustworthy things to say;
I open my lips to speak what is right.
7​
My mouth speaks what is true,
for my lips detest wickedness.
8​
All the words of my mouth are just;
none of them is crooked or perverse.
9​
To the discerning all of them are right;
they are upright to those who have found knowledge.

10​
Choose my instruction instead of silver,
knowledge rather than choice gold,

11​
for wisdom is more precious than rubies,
and nothing you desire can compare with her.

Proverbs 9

Instruct the wise and they will be wiser still;
teach the righteous and they will add to their learning.

10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom,
and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

For through wisdom
[a] your days will be many,
and years will be added to your life.

If you want I can go through the rest of Proverbs,Isaiah,Jeremiah,Ecclesiates and Daniel also.
If Paul is speaking about learned knowledge as a gift of the Holy Spirit it can only mean that the Old Testament saints also had the gifts of the Holy Spirit. Or it means that Paul is speaking of the supernatural gift of knowledge it can be one or the other not both.

Sep 8, 2012
UMM Rick the Bible uses knowledge two ways. Paul had the gift of knowledge,IE he revealed the mysteries. Knowledge can also mean learned. He is not talking about learned knowledge from studying the Word.
That is correct.
Now, if he was speaking of mysteries, how does that change anything?
No one shall know any mysteries after the canon?
How exactly do you think this would work?
How soon would people become pawns to the best talking, and brightest? - (Lucifer)
Did not God say - "I will reserve unto Myself a remnant"?
How would He go about doing that if all spiritual discernment ceased? (Mysteries)
Paul says at one point in one of his epistles- "I speak in mysteries". How is the church able to rightly divide those mysteries of which he speaks unless they have discernment?

Last edited:
Dec 26, 2012
That is correct.
Now, if he was speaking of mysteries, how does that change anything?
No one shall know any mysteries after the canon?
How exactly do you think this would work?
How soon would people become pawns to the best talking, and brightest? - (Lucifer)
Did not God say - "I will reserve unto Myself a remnant"?
How would He go about doing that if all spiritual discernment ceased? (Mysteries)
He says at one point in one of his epistles- "I speak in mysteries". How is the church able to rightly divide those mysteries if which he speaks unless they have discernment?
Again go back to the point I was making about 1 Corinthians 13,Paul never said ALL the gifts would end,he says some of the gifts would end. He doesn't say the gift of giving would cease,he doesn't say the gifts of teaching,faith,
helps,encouragement,administration,mercy,service,leadership and a few others. He never said those would end. He lists three no more no less. To make that passage say all is just as wrong as saying that the three he does list will not end at a time before all that will remain is faith,hope and love.

Sep 8, 2012
Again go back to the point I was making about 1 Corinthians 13,Paul never said ALL the gifts would end,he says some of the gifts would end. He doesn't say the gift of giving would cease,he doesn't say the gifts of teaching,faith,
helps,encouragement,administration,mercy,service,leadership and a few others. He never said those would end. He lists three no more no less. To make that passage say all is just as wrong as saying that the three he does list will not end at a time before all that will remain is faith,hope and love.
So you are saying the word of wisdom, the gift of healing, and the working of miracles are alive and well today? - (Along with the other gifts you enumerated), - Is that your position?

Dec 26, 2012
So you are saying the word of wisdom, the gift of healing, and the working of miracles are alive and well today? - (Along with the other gifts you enumerated), - Is that your position?
Ahh But you forget James DID speak about a change in healing's

James 5

13 Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise.14 Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord.15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven.16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.

If you take into account that Moses did miracles but they ended when Moses died.
Elijah did miracles,passed it on to Elisha then they ended when Elisha died.
Jesus did miracles,passed it on to the disciples ......
Perhaps a parallel?

Remember when they did them it was always to confirm the message and messenger,and when their purpose was complete they ended. And if you notice Jesus does tell the disciples they would do those things,but Jesus did not mention the help gifts. The apostles did.

So what do I believe? I believe that once the purpose of the gifts that confirmed the message. (IE Tongues,healing someone else with a touch or in an instant by the spoken word,working of miracles etc did end,because their time and purpose was done and completed.) Have you ever seen anyone do a miracle? Have you ever seen a person heal a man without a leg? How about a blind person? In the same way that Jesus and the disciples did?

Now with the help gifts those are wholly and totally for the edification and building up of the church. Their purpose is NOT to confirm the message or messenger.

And it also makes sense the God would allow the "sign" gifts to end so we would not be deceived. Is it not possible that when Paul wrote what he did it was to give us a standard on which to stand? If they stopped,then we have a plumb line to measure the others against. Paul does not say they would stop and start again. Perhaps it's a warning for us so that we can take God at His word that when He said they would stop and we see it again we are NOT to believe it because it's a deception,because He already told us they would end. God tells us these things for our good,so we have a ground on which to stand.

Sep 8, 2012
God has used my hands and faith to heal.
He has used my mouth to speak words of knowledge, and to prophecy.
It's not anything in me.
I have also seen others used in all of the gifts of the Spirit.
The gifts of the Spirit have never ended, and it is not a hard thing for God to do.
The gifts of the Spirit are for the body of Christ.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
It's not anything in me.
The gifts of the Spirit have never ended, and it is not a hard thing for God to do.
Then you and your gang ought to go over to the closest hospital and heal all who need it. Lots of innocent kids in the cancer wards that would benefit greatly from your gift.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Dec 26, 2012
It's not anything in me.
UMM are you going up to a paraplegic,and then saying to them "Jesus heals you,Get up and fold your wheel chair"? And they do? Or are you praying for them to be healed? Big difference between the two.

Sep 8, 2012
Then you and your gang ought to go over to the closest hospital and heal all who need it. Lots of innocent kids in the cancer wards that would benefit greatly from your gift.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
What a spiritual dimwit you are.
Don't go calling what you say - 'For the cause of Christ', because you really don't realize what you ignorantly claim.

N

nathan3

Revival ? The written word say it will be a time of a great deception. And a falling away from the faith. By deception of the son of perdition ( 2 thess 2 ).. Revival, no. It's more like All people of the world, including Christians. drowning in a flood of lies ( Mark 13: 5- 6 )..

Amos 8:11

King James Version (KJV)

11 Behold, the days come, saith the Lord God, that I will send a famine in the land, not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the Lord:

Aug 9, 2013
Why do we always look at how bad things like God will not move again in the Last Days? Doom and Gloom boo who! We need to stop this incessant focus on how bad things are things are!!!!!!!!! Sure these days will be dark to those who don't want to seek the Father of lights, but the last I checked GOD IS LIGHT AND IN HIM THERE IS NO DARKNESS! If we dwell in darkness then all we see is darkness, yet if dwell in Christ His light shines in US! God light becomes all the brighter when surrounded by darkness! Why do we think our times are more evil than any time in the past? Are we that arrogant to think American did not have dark times like this before? Our nation faced a similar crisis in the 1790's when many churches had not had converts for many years. Church attendance was lower than it is today and drunkenness was near epidemic proportions. But than God brought an extended time of revival to our nation. The last I checked my God is able to abundantly above all we ask or think! The problem is revival is not a passive thing His people must cry out to him to move on our behalf then the times of refreshing come from the throne of God. We must become living Sacrifices on the alter of intercession. Many called but few can be chosen to come to throne room of grace on the behalf others. Here are some scriptures on God's desire to work on the behalf of his people.

Is. 60
Arise, shine;
For your light has come!
And the glory of the Lord is risen upon you.
[SUP]2 [/SUP]For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth,
And deep darkness the people;
But the Lord will arise over you,
And His glory will be seen upon you.
[SUP]3 [/SUP]The Gentiles shall come to your light,

And kings to the brightness of your rising.

Zechariah 8
Again the word of the Lord of hosts came, saying, [SUP]2 [/SUP]“Thus says the Lord of hosts:
‘I am zealous for Zion with great zeal;
With great fervor I am zealous for her.’

[SUP]3 [/SUP]“Thus says the Lord:
‘I will return to Zion,
And dwell in the midst of Jerusalem.
Jerusalem shall be called the City of Truth,
The Mountain of the Lord of hosts,
The Holy Mountain.’

[SUP]4 [/SUP]“Thus says the Lord of hosts:
‘Old men and old women shall again sit
In the streets of Jerusalem,
Each one with his staff in his hand
Because of great age.
[SUP]5 [/SUP]The streets of the city
Shall be full of boys and girls
Playing in its streets.’

[SUP]6 [/SUP]“Thus says the Lord of hosts:
‘If it is marvelous in the eyes of the remnant of this people in these days,
Will it also be marvelous in My eyes?’
Says the Lord of hosts.

[SUP]7 [/SUP]“Thus says the Lord of hosts:
‘Behold, I will save My people from the land of the east
And from the land of the west;
[SUP]8 [/SUP]I will bring them back,
And they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem.
They shall be My people
And I will be their God,
In truth and righteousness.’

[SUP]9 [/SUP]“Thus says the Lord of hosts:
‘Let your hands be strong,
You who have been hearing in these days
These words by the mouth of the prophets,
Who spoke in the day the foundation was laid
For the house of the Lord of hosts,
That the temple might be built.
[SUP]10 [/SUP]For before these days
There were no wages for man nor any hire for beast;
There was no peace from the enemy for whoever went out or came in;
For I set all men, everyone, against his neighbor.

[SUP]11 [/SUP]But now I will not treat the remnant of this people as in the former days,’ says the Lord of hosts.
[SUP]12 [/SUP]‘For the seed shall be prosperous,
The vine shall give its fruit,
The ground shall give her increase,
And the heavens shall give their dew—
I will cause the remnant of this people
To possess all these.
[SUP]13 [/SUP]And it shall come to pass
That just as you were a curse among the nations,
O house of Judah and house of Israel,
So I will save you, and you shall be a blessing.
Do not fear,
Let your hands be strong.’

[SUP]14 [/SUP]“For thus says the Lord of hosts:
‘Just as I determined to punish you
When your fathers provoked Me to wrath,’
Says the Lord of hosts,
‘And I would not relent,
[SUP]15 [/SUP]So again in these days
I am determined to do good
To Jerusalem and to the house of Judah.
Do not fear.
[SUP]16 [/SUP]These are the things you shall do:
Speak each man the truth to his neighbor;
Give judgment in your gates for truth, justice, and peace;
[SUP]17 [/SUP]Let none of you think evil in your[SUP][a][/SUP] heart against your neighbor;
And do not love a false oath.
For all these are things that I hate,’
Says the Lord.”

[SUP]18 [/SUP]Then the word of the Lord of hosts came to me, saying, [SUP]19 [/SUP]“Thus says the Lord of hosts:
‘The fast of the fourth month,
The fast of the fifth,
The fast of the seventh,
And the fast of the tenth,
Shall be joy and gladness and cheerful feasts
For the house of Judah.
Therefore love truth and peace.’

[SUP]20 [/SUP]“Thus says the Lord of hosts:
‘Peoples shall yet come,
Inhabitants of many cities;
[SUP]21 [/SUP]The inhabitants of one city shall go to another, saying,
“Let us continue to go and pray before the Lord,
And seek the Lord of hosts.
I myself will go also.”
[SUP]22 [/SUP]Yes, many peoples and strong nations
Shall come to seek the Lord of hosts in Jerusalem,
And to pray before the Lord.’

[SUP]23 [/SUP]“Thus says the Lord of hosts: ‘In those days ten men from every language of the nations shall grasp the sleeve of a Jewish man, saying, “Let us go with you, for we have heard that God is with you.”

Joel 2
A Call to Repentance
[SUP]12 [/SUP]“Now, therefore,” says the Lord,
“Turn to Me with all your heart,
With fasting, with weeping, and with mourning.”
[SUP]13 [/SUP]So rend your heart, and not your garments;
Return to the Lord your God,
For He is gracious and merciful,
Slow to anger, and of great kindness;
And He relents from doing harm.
[SUP]14 [/SUP]Who knows if He will turn and relent,
And leave a blessing behind Him—
A grain offering and a drink offering
For the Lord your God?
[SUP]15 [/SUP]Blow the trumpet in Zion,
Consecrate a fast,
Call a sacred assembly;
[SUP]16 [/SUP]Gather the people,
Sanctify the congregation,
Assemble the elders,
Gather the children and nursing babes;
Let the bridegroom go out from his chamber,
And the bride from her dressing room.
[SUP]17 [/SUP]Let the priests, who minister to the Lord,
Weep between the porch and the altar;
Let them say, “Spare Your people, O Lord,
And do not give Your heritage to reproach,
That the nations should rule over them.
Why should they say among the peoples,
‘Where is their God?’”

[h=3]The Land Refreshed[/h][SUP]18 [/SUP]Then the Lord will be zealous for His land,
And pity His people.
[SUP]19 [/SUP]The Lord will answer and say to His people,
“Behold, I will send you grain and new wine and oil,
And you will be satisfied by them;
I will no longer make you a reproach among the nations.

[SUP]20 [/SUP]“But I will remove far from you the northern army,
And will drive him away into a barren and desolate land,
With his face toward the eastern sea
And his back toward the western sea;
His stench will come up,
And his foul odor will rise,
Because he has done monstrous things.”

[SUP]21 [/SUP]Fear not, O land;
Be glad and rejoice,
For the Lord has done marvelous things!
[SUP]22 [/SUP]Do not be afraid, you beasts of the field;
For the open pastures are springing up,
And the tree bears its fruit;
The fig tree and the vine yield their strength.
[SUP]23 [/SUP]Be glad then, you children of Zion,
And rejoice in the Lord your God;
For He has given you the former rain faithfully,[SUP][d][/SUP]
And He will cause the rain to come down for you—
The former rain,
And the latter rain in the first month.
[SUP]24 [/SUP]The threshing floors shall be full of wheat,
And the vats shall overflow with new wine and oil.

[SUP]25 [/SUP]“So I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten,
The crawling locust,
The consuming locust,
And the chewing locust,[SUP][e][/SUP]
My great army which I sent among you.
[SUP]26 [/SUP]You shall eat in plenty and be satisfied,
And praise the name of the Lord your God,
Who has dealt wondrously with you;
And My people shall never be put to shame.
[SUP]27 [/SUP]Then you shall know that I am in the midst of Israel:
I am the Lord your God
And there is no other.
My people shall never be put to shame.

[h=3]God’s Spirit Poured Out[/h][SUP]28 [/SUP]“And it shall come to pass afterward
That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your old men shall dream dreams,
Your young men shall see visions.
[SUP]29 [/SUP]And also on My menservants and on My maidservants
I will pour out My Spirit in those days.

[SUP]30 [/SUP]“And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth:
Blood and fire and pillars of smoke.
[SUP]31 [/SUP]The sun shall be turned into darkness,
And the moon into blood,
Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord.
[SUP]32 [/SUP]And it shall come to pass
That whoever calls on the name of the Lord
Shall be saved.
For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be deliverance,
As the Lord has said,
Among the remnant whom the Lord calls.

IS. 58
“Cry aloud, spare not;
Lift up your voice like a trumpet;
Tell My people their transgression,
And the house of Jacob their sins.
[SUP]2 [/SUP]Yet they seek Me daily,
And delight to know My ways,
As a nation that did righteousness,
And did not forsake the ordinance of their God.
They ask of Me the ordinances of justice;
They take delight in approaching God.
[SUP]3 [/SUP]‘Why have we fasted,’ they say, ‘and You have not seen?
Why have we afflicted our souls, and You take no notice?’
“In fact, in the day of your fast you find pleasure,
And exploit all your laborers.
[SUP]4 [/SUP]Indeed you fast for strife and debate,
And to strike with the fist of wickedness.
You will not fast as you do this day,
To make your voice heard on high.
[SUP]5 [/SUP]Is it a fast that I have chosen,
A day for a man to afflict his soul?
Is it to bow down his head like a bulrush,
And to spread out sackcloth and ashes?
Would you call this a fast,
And an acceptable day to the Lord?

[SUP]6 [/SUP]“Is this not the fast that I have chosen:
To loose the bonds of wickedness,
To undo the heavy burdens,
To let the oppressed go free,
And that you break every yoke?
[SUP]7 [/SUP]Is it not to share your bread with the hungry,
And that you bring to your house the poor who are cast out;
When you see the naked, that you cover him,
And not hide yourself from your own flesh?
[SUP]8 [/SUP]Then your light shall break forth like the morning,
Your healing shall spring forth speedily,
And your righteousness shall go before you;
The glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard.
[SUP]9 [/SUP]Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer;
You shall cry, and He will say, ‘Here I am.

“If you take away the yoke from your midst,
The pointing of the finger, and speaking wickedness,
[SUP]10 [/SUP]If you extend your soul to the hungry
And satisfy the afflicted soul,
Then your light shall dawn in the darkness,
And your darkness shall be as the noonday.
[SUP]11 [/SUP]The Lord will guide you continually,
And satisfy your soul in drought,
And strengthen your bones;
You shall be like a watered garden,
And like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.
[SUP]12 [/SUP]Those from among you
Shall build the old waste places;
You shall raise up the foundations of many generations;
And you shall be called the Repairer of the Breach,
The Restorer of Streets to Dwell In.

C

Cino

I've heard in pentacostal circles that there is supposed to be a great revival before Jesus comes for His bride. Is this biblical?
No, this is not true. Actually, the opposite. In II Thessalonians Ch 2:3 says that day shall not come except there be a great falling away. Love will grow cold, men will be lovers of themselves more than God, sin will run rampant, men will be more lovers of money & material things, believers will not be able to say no to sin and will fall away back into their sinful ways and back into the world, people will lose faith, fear of God will lessen, all things will fall away. The end times are near. Nearer than they have ever been before. Just look around at everything that is going on in the word and peoples lives.

C

Cino

I mean just look around at everything that is going on in the WORLD and peoples lives.

ChosenbyHim

Sep 19, 2011
I've heard in pentacostal circles that there is supposed to be a great revival before Jesus comes for His bride. Is this biblical?
Hello there Carey. No it is not.

Now there are very small pocktets of revival. Where Christians are learning about the Bible Version Issue and are converting to God's pure and holy word, the King James Holy Bible.

The modern versions are simply roman catholic (Vatican) bibles with a protestant wrapper.

Also a lot of Christians are starting to learn about the "Christian" Rock/ CCM issue, and are returning to the Biblical Hymns and are forsaking the corrupt rock n' roll music which should have never been given place in any church. Plus the 501c3 issue is also another issue that more Christians are beginning to learn about. And so I believe in these last days, there will be a growth of House Churches. Because if you attend a 501c3 "church." Well you are basically stepping foot on government property. When ever a church decides to get a 501c3 license, that church becomes a creature of the state and so the pastor can no longer preach the truth. But the corrupt government has him by the strings. When I was far away from the Lord, at the time when I used to go to a 501c3 church, I would always remember when it came to Election Time, how the pastor would always say: "Well I can't tell you who you should vote for." And I thought to myself, "why not?"

Just didn't seem right to me. But then when I learned about the 501c3 "church" issue, then it became clear why the pastor couldn't recommend a candidate that would be in our best interest to vote for. A pastor of a 501c3 church cannot say anything that is contrary to public policy or that would influence legislation.

Having said that, there is not going to be a massive scale revival. Every Dispensation ends in apostasy. Every single one. The Bible says that there will come a falling away in the last days.

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?
6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.
7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:
9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness. - 2 Thessalonians 2:3-12 (KJV)

4 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.
6 If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.
7 But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.
8 For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.
9 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation.
10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
11 These things command and teach.
12 Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
13 Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.
14 Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery.
15 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.
16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee. - 1 Timothy 4:1-16 (KJV)

3 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
7Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was.
10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,
11 Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.
12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works. - 2 Timothy 3:1-17 (KJV)

4 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
3For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
6 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.
7 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:
8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing. - 2 Timothy 4:1-8 (KJV)