The Gun Thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

EmilyNats

Jul 28, 2016
I purchase all of my guns with a guy named T-Rex.

He's a small arms dealer.
Nothing like being friends with your gun dealer. All but two of the guns I ever bought were from the same pawn shop. Always throws in some expensive ammo in so that I get off without paying tax. Then when the original owner passed the business on, the new people carried on the tradition. Aw, yeah.

Addison

Jun 28, 2014
I think you missed the stupid joke on that post, Emily. :eek:
RM4348_0.jpg

Laish

Jul 31, 2016
lol I missed it too . I had no idea ;until I saw the cartoon.
Oh my that is too funny . I need to use that one on my friends.
Blesdings
Bill

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Everyone needs a little bit of sketch in their lives to keep things interesting. :p

I purchase all of my guns with a guy named T-Rex.

He's a small arms dealer.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
I lived in Phoenix for a short time, so I understand exactly what you are talking about. Once you hit March, Satan flaps his wings and God flips the oven on Pre-heat. Particularly in the valley.

Not to get too graphic, but I had to switch my 100% Cotton underwear for that new-fangled sweat wicking stuff. Made a huge difference.

At the time I carried a Glock 27 which was pretty easy to conceal under a t-shirt. It was so easy to conceal, in fact that when I switched to that good old Parabellum round, I decided to go a size up. Instead of trucking 9 rounds, I've got 16 heh heh heh.

Go to the love-in thread. I've got a question for you more related to that subject matter.

Before I met my wife I carried open . I had a ccw permit . I rarely carried concealed though. Not much need for a jacket in Phoenix so concealed caring is a bit of a pain for most pistols. Only thing I messed with was the ammo . Normally it was alternating black talons and full jacket rounds . I do still take a day out every month and go to the range and squeeze off 100 or so rounds .
Blesdings
Bill

R

renewed_hope

So I saw a sign today going to the bank and it said, "Goodbye Obama, GUN SALE" it cracked me up lol

Y

Yahweh_is_gracious

I have a case of buyer's remorse about my AR-308. As nice as it is or will be, I wish now that I had funneled the money into a bolt-action rifle instead. I can't sell the AR-308 though because the lower receiver is one of the 80% receivers, so it has no serial number and is not registered and cannot legally be sold or transferred.

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
I have a case of buyer's remorse about my AR-308. As nice as it is or will be, I wish now that I had funneled the money into a bolt-action rifle instead. I can't sell the AR-308 though because the lower receiver is one of the 80% receivers, so it has no serial number and is not registered and cannot legally be sold or transferred.
I don't know what state you are in, but there is no federal firearms registration. Most states don't have a firearms registry. The feds and most states don't require you to go through a FFL to transfer a weapon unless you sell across state lines. Where I live, there are no laws stopping us from selling most firearms, including homemade, out the back of your truck.

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
I've heard they can have more reliability issues than average. I've avoided them.

I have yet to do any meaningful research on more powerful guns, but if I have to go above .300 Blackout, I'll probably go with a bolt action .308 or a .338 Lapua if it comes down in price by the time I'm in the market for one (probably 2019 or 2020).

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Uggghhh, that's one thing. A Hill election would've jacked up the MSRP on everything!

So I saw a sign today going to the bank and it said, "Goodbye Obama, GUN SALE" it cracked me up lol

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
I am an unabashed firearms aficionado....

Notice my handle? .22 K Hornet was the inspiration. 40gr VMax at 3100fps, using a paltry 13gr of powder.... wonderfulness..

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
So THAT'S the meaning behind "Hornetguy"

Really cool.

Notice my handle? .22 K Hornet was the inspiration. 40gr VMax at 3100fps, using a paltry 13gr of powder.... wonderfulness..

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

I thought a hornet was some kind of vehicle, like a motorbike or something... :D

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
So THAT'S the meaning behind "Hornetguy"

Really cool.
Yep.... I have it in a TC Contender carbine... barrel by Bullberry. It's a very compact little rifle... perfect for carrying around, plinking at stuff. Turkeys, coyote (1), jackrabbits, horseapples..... lots of fun to shoot.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
I thought a hornet was some kind of vehicle, like a motorbike or something... :D
I've had ex military guys ask me if I was a pilot... I think it's an F18? Called a hornet... that would have been cool, but I missed out on the military, thank God. I would have ended up in southeast Asia, but they abolished the draft the year I turned 18..