The Gun Thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
they are an inanimate object as well, fear of inanimate objects comes from the adversary, we as Christians are guided to fear not.
Luke 22-36. "and now let He who has no sword buy one" (paraphrased)

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
What would you guide a lady to for self defense? I am partial to revolvers as they are not prone to stove pipe jamming due to loose grip.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
It took me a while to catch back up on this thread.... good to "see" everyone is still here....
My latest acquisition puts me back in the 1911 owner group. This one is all stainless, made by Tisas in Turkey, sold by Zenith here. It was way too nicely priced to pass up. Novak style sights, ambidextrous safety, beavertail grip safety, skeletonized trigger, and two 8 round magazines (MecGar).... I researched it pretty thoroughly before jumping on it.. even Hickock45 praised it.

I've only had it out once so far, but it is a smooth, accurate pistol.... my wife got it for me as an early birthday present, so I could take it with me on my upcoming bike trip. I married WAY above my head.... :love:

Zenith 1.jpg

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
What would you guide a lady to for self defense? I am partial to revolvers as they are not prone to stove pipe jamming due to loose grip.
I like revolvers, too, if the lady is not willing to put in the practice time to become familiar/proficient with an autoloader. The only problem I have with them is that they are usually small and light, and recoil quickly becomes a factor. Some of the nice double action 32's might be just right.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
I like revolvers, too, if the lady is not willing to put in the practice time to become familiar/proficient with an autoloader. The only problem I have with them is that they are usually small and light, and recoil quickly becomes a factor. Some of the nice double action 32's might be just right.
Yeah, that is what I ended up for my second wife. She was afraid of her abusive ex-husband back in '82 when I started proceedings to adopt her youngest. He had already kidnapped him a couple years before and she was afraid he would show up while I was out on the truck. My job usually had me lay-over every other night.

I still had some guns from my gun shop. So we got her to shoot all the handguns to see which she was comfortable with. She was slightly built and a .32 S&W revolver was a big as she could handle. I told her to use no more than 2 shots for the body and if that didn't stop him save the rest for the head. We even practiced so she wouldn't let him get the gun. She had been in two abusive marriages and I had to teach her to get out of the victim mindset.

The second marriage devolved into a physically abusive situation. Being a victim is a state of mind. I told her not to let him kill her if I was out of town. The bigger job was to teach her to have confidence. Both her marriages she had to get permission to buy things like cleaning supplies. Those husbands did not love her, they tried to own her. It took a lot of counselling and working on her mindset to teach her determination. She saw him once during that time in the same grocery store she was in. She said she looked across the store and gave him a steely look, knowing she had the .32 in her purse. He left the store and she never saw him again.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
"I married WAY above my head....:love: ".....
Does she have single, Christian, sisters? lol...
good to see you again, Turkey has some fine firearm manufacturers, being linked by many to the last days events.
The 32 would indeed be a great caliber, thank you for the wise council.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
"I married WAY above my head....:love: ".....
Does she have single, Christian, sisters? lol...
good to see you again, Turkey has some fine firearm manufacturers, being linked by many to the last days events.
The 32 would indeed be a great caliber, thank you for the wise council.
You know, come to think of it, I think I saw somewhere that someone was making a revolver in .380.... that would likely be better than the .32, unless she was shooting the .327 Federal or H&R mag.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I know I saw a 9mm revolver at Brownells a few days ago.
I was wondering about the 380, I will look into that.
A good friend on GBO mentioned how well he enjoys the 32's he has, so much more enjoyable with his older hands and arthritis.
Thanks

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Yes.... I had a couple of Ruger single sixes in 32 H&R mag. They were a lot of fun, almost no recoil, but they were LOUD! As in, "don't fire it withPout hearing protection" loud. I would think that the 32 long would not be that bad, and a hard cast 100gr bullet traveling at around 800 fps would be WAY better than a sharp stick for defense.

The good thing about the 327 Federal is that you can shoot 4 or 5 different 32's out of it, even 32 ACP, IIRC. And if she can handle the "loud", the 327 is pretty potent... some people say it's almost as good as the .357 mag...

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
This new Ruger Wrangler looks interesting and VERY affordable.
/gunblast.com/Ruger-Wrangler.htm

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Need help men, I have for years now ordered and worn exclusively Cabela's Flat Front Khaki's, after they sold out to Bass Pro Shops they no longer carry them. Anyone else in this "boat"? What any tips on who carries such items that are comparable?

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
I think one of these days I’d love to shoot a gun just for the sake of saying I shot one before. Like if it was at a shooting range I’d probably have a good time hitting a target.

Honestly though I would really love to shoot a crossbow. Which is probably like 800% more dangerous.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Yes, you will have fun Steph, start with a 22 or even better a pellet pistol of pellet rifle.