The Gun Thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Guns and butter. Not guns or butter.

Sorry. Also thats a lot of bacon for just one egg.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I first became aware of the guns or butter line when President Johnson was speaking of financing the Vietnam war, the talk was "guns or butter" meaning, could we have social programs or the war or will we choose guns AND butter, to have the war financed and also social programs, he determined we could have "guns and butter", have the war and the social programs and put it on the national debt, we have had run away irresponsible spending ever since.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Thats terrible.
Basically shooting yourself in the foot there.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
yep, that is what is happening in America, now the left wants to give free everything to everybody but the tax payers.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Ha! Somewhere in this wonderful world , it had to happen! And couldn't have happened to a nicer man!
best wishes

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I've been slacking, no new posts since 8-2-19
I found this motor video and wanted to share.

brighthouse98

Apr 16, 2015
Like I always say about gun's. " Its better to have one, and not need one,then to need one and not have one!" lol

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Kind of like a parachute?
Many anti gunners operate out of fear and ignore the recreational aspect of the shooting sports. Americans are citizens, not subjects of the government.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
Kind of like a parachute?
Many anti gunners operate out of fear and ignore the recreational aspect of the shooting sports. Americans are citizens, not subjects of the government.
I try to stay away from upholding the recreational aspects of shooting when debating gun rights solely because the 2nd amendment really didn't have recreation (target shooting) in mind.

The 2nd amendment was solely rooted in defense of oneself and ones community both from criminal elements in the community but also from tyrannical elements within the government. The Second Amendment is what insures that all of our other rights remain intact. Throughout history (not just modern history) tyrants have insured their reign by removing their subjects ability to revolt.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
I always stress the recreational aspect as it is too often overlooked by anti's as they voice how "you don't need an AK for duck hunting", and other drivel.
It is a very important aspect as we teach Hunters Safety and we see young people grasp how safe gun handling is a very important responsibility that we owe each other. We see these young people grow and mature as we teach them.
They are the next generation of gun owners and they need to be raised up in the way they should go.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
"And in that day you will need a sword" comes to mind.
I think He would be a .22 caliber bench rest shooter, and He would never miss the mark, as He instructs us as well.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
The two-edged sword of His Mouth.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
or perhaps cap and ball revolver.
Any sport or event that brings people together is an opportunity for fellowship in Christ and spreading the Word. Men bond by shared activities, the folks who have drank the kool aid of anti gun tripe are hurting more than helping the faith.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Here is another one that could be a help to get started.

shittim

Dec 16, 2016
Got one of these on the way-

A replica of a Civil War siege mortar in golf ball size!
(I think Santa is bringing it to me)

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
Black powder looks interesting but hard to get into. Wow.