The HolySpirit

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Noblemen

Jan 14, 2018
Some years ago I was talking to a friend of mine one day about the grace of God.
This friend pastored a small church where we lived and it was a successful church.
We had discussed the things of God on a few occasions.
This particular day we had an in-depth chat. The grace of God being the main subject.
We went back and forth about the things we understood about the grace of God.
We looked at God literally birthing his own children and them being everything God had planned before the foundation of the world, Ephesians 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

I went on to say I believe this is the ultimate of God's grace of how he takes a believing sinner and places apart of himself (which is Christ) in them.
My friends first thought was; wow that is some food for thought.
As we began to get in deeper in our conversation something happened to my friend.
I could see it on his face, he said do you know what would happen if I preached that type of completion, the people would feel like they do not need the church, me or anything else.
I was kind of taken back a little at his response, but I did think to my self how deceived we can be about the grace of God.
When people fall in love with God and the Christ in them you cannot keep them from fellowship and loving each other.
My personal experience is people will do more out of love than they will ever do out of a law relationship.
Feeling they must always do to be, we are be-ers by the grace of God placed in us the moment we believed.
Religion has hid this truth from the people of God simply because they do not know it.
The powerful truth Jesus spoke about the HolySpirit being poured out on the day of Penecost, John 14:20

20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

You should study John chapter's 14-15-and 16. Jesus tells us exactly what the HolySpirit will do when he comes.

The power is the HolySpirit was to be poured out on that day so humanity could know something.
They could come to know the Christ in them.
You should be leery of the church's and school's that have the HolySpirit doing everything accept for what Jesus said he would do.
Jesus said he would lead you and guide you into all truth, bring Christ in you to the forefront in your understanding.
He teaches Christ, but not just any Christ, he teaches you the Christ in you the hope of glory.
We have the HolySpirit coming to this earth with the emphasis on speaking in tongues.
Some teach when he comes on you you will have great power to do what God needs you to do.
Some say you can't stay saved without the HolySpirit giving you the strength.
I believe in the power of the HolySpirit, but the power is when you see Christ as everything to you. He is your salvation, salvation is a person.
He is your life and the only true peace you will ever have.
God's emphasis is always Christ in you, do not be deceived by the many voices. Thank God for his word to be a lamp unto our feet and a light for our path.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Christ is no in someone before they recieve the Holy Spirit..

Jesus and the Holy Spirit are One..

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
Your thread made me smile, but it also had me hmmmm'ing. I do think it a shame that He would not share that our completeness is found in only Him. I don't understand that. I mean the Holy Spirit's completeness should draw us to want to serve. While church can and should inspire our Faith, to me its main purpose beyond giving us a place to go for guidance and counsel, is it gives us a place to serve and give to our Brothers and Sisters. The bulk of His Holy message goes beyond our salvation, it goes into how our redemption should move us to want to appeal God's case through loving Him and others, through service. He wants us to walk out our salvation. So church isn't about thou shalt to get us perfected or just to get us saved, but about walking in the completeness of the Holy Spirit, not grieving it or quenching it. A sincere heart for servitude lights up the HS, bringing peace, love, joy, long suffering, self control ...

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
... God's grace of how he takes a believing sinner and places apart of himself (which is Christ) in them.
Jesus and the Holy Spirit are One.
I know this isn't the subject of this thread, but I see doctrinal issues with both these statements.

God doesn't take a part (not "apart") of Himself in the believer; rather, the Holy Spirit comes to dwell in our hearts. The Holy Spirit is not "a part" of God, as though God were divisible into bits and pieces. The Holy Spirit IS God. Further, Jesus is God, but Jesus is not the Holy Spirit. I suppose I could let this pass if it was meant in the same way that Jesus said, "I and the Father are one."

Yes, I know, I'm being picky. :)

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
I could see it on his face, he said do you know what would happen if I preached that type of completion, the people would feel like they do not need the church, me or anything else.
I was kind of taken back a little at his response, but I did think to my self how deceived we can be about the grace of God.
When people fall in love with God and the Christ in them you cannot keep them from fellowship and loving each other.
My personal experience is people will do more out of love than they will ever do out of a law relationship.
Years ago, when I was in the mission field, I was studying just what a Christ centered church was to do to serve Christ. First thing was to care for the spiritual babies with the milk of the word. Then wean them off that ASAP. Next, keep the faithful seeded with the word so the more mature are reminded of their mission.

Then, speaking of missions, how can a church not have an outreach for the poor and needy. When people are down, they need God's help the most. Of course, we all constantly need God's help but we don't usually see it that way. We do when we are broken. We can be there to lift the broken with the Holy Spirit enabling us. If we truly minister through God's love, we will draw people to that love. :cool:

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Your thread made me smile, but it also had me hmmmm'ing. I do think it a shame that He would not share that our completeness is found in only Him. I don't understand that. I mean the Holy Spirit's completeness should draw us to want to serve. While church can and should inspire our Faith, to me its main purpose beyond giving us a place to go for guidance and counsel, is it gives us a place to serve and give to our Brothers and Sisters. The bulk of His Holy message goes beyond our salvation, it goes into how our redemption should move us to want to appeal God's case through loving Him and others, through service. He wants us to walk out our salvation. So church isn't about thou shalt to get us perfected or just to get us saved, but about walking in the completeness of the Holy Spirit, not grieving it or quenching it. A sincere heart for servitude lights up the HS, bringing peace, love, joy, long suffering, self control ...
Your post reminds me of a scripture:

Matt. 5:13, 14 "Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? It is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men. Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid."

If our work and fellowship are truly of the Holy Spirit, our fruits will show into the world. This will draw men to Christ. :cool:

Noblemen

Jan 14, 2018
I know this isn't the subject of this thread, but I see doctrinal issues with both these statements.

God doesn't take a part (not "apart") of Himself in the believer; rather, the Holy Spirit comes to dwell in our hearts. The Holy Spirit is not "a part" of God, as though God were divisible into bits and pieces. The Holy Spirit IS God. Further, Jesus is God, but Jesus is not the Holy Spirit. I suppose I could let this pass if it was meant in the same way that Jesus said, "I and the Father are one."

Yes, I know, I'm being picky. :)
No I don't take it as picky, curious how you would handle Paul's in Christ statements over 150 times though?

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
No I don't take it as picky, curious how you would handle Paul's in Christ statements over 150 times though?
Perhaps you could unpack that question further.

Noblemen

Jan 14, 2018
Paul places Christ in us as the life of the believer. Curious where you get that we are in the HolySpirit, and where is it the HolySpirit is life

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
Some years ago I was talking to a friend of mine one day about the grace of God.
This friend pastored a small church where we lived and it was a successful church.
We had discussed the things of God on a few occasions.
This particular day we had an in-depth chat. The grace of God being the main subject.
We went back and forth about the things we understood about the grace of God.
We looked at God literally birthing his own children and them being everything God had planned before the foundation of the world, Ephesians 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

I went on to say I believe this is the ultimate of God's grace of how he takes a believing sinner and places apart of himself (which is Christ) in them.
My friends first thought was; wow that is some food for thought.
As we began to get in deeper in our conversation something happened to my friend.
Feeling they must always do to be, we are be-ers by the grace of God placed in us the moment we believed.
Religion has hid this truth from the people of God simply because they do not know it.
The powerful truth Jesus spoke about the HolySpirit being poured out on the day of Penecost, John 14:20

20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

You should study John chapter's 14-15-and 16. Jesus tells us exactly what the HolySpirit will do when he comes.

The power is the HolySpirit was to be poured out on that day so humanity could know something.
They could come to know the Christ in them.
You should be leery of the church's and school's that have the HolySpirit doing everything accept for what Jesus said he would do.
Jesus said he would lead you and guide you into all truth, bring Christ in you to the forefront in your understanding.
He teaches Christ, but not just any Christ, he teaches you the Christ in you the hope of glory.
We have the HolySpirit coming to this earth with the emphasis on speaking in tongues.
Some teach when he comes on you you will have great power to do what God needs you to do.
Some say you can't stay saved without the HolySpirit giving you the strength.
I believe in the power of the HolySpirit, but the power is when you see Christ as everything to you. He is your salvation, salvation is a person.
He is your life and the only true peace you will ever have.
God's emphasis is always Christ in you, do not be deceived by the many voices. Thank God for his word to be a lamp unto our feet and a light for our path.
Great post.
No human alive is separate from the creator of all that is. Jesus was Holy Spirit God. There is only one.
Blessings.

Colossians 1:15-17
He is the visible image of the invisible God. He is supreme over all creation, 16 because in connection with him were created all things — in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones, lordships, rulers or authorities — they have all been created through him and for him. 17 He existed before all things, and he holds everything together.

Romans 8:9
"You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him."

Noblemen

Jan 14, 2018
Christ is no in someone before they recieve the Holy Spirit..

Jesus and the Holy Spirit are One..
How do you handle the Christ in you statements? The God head bodily dwells in the believer with christ as their life.

Noblemen

Jan 14, 2018
Your thread made me smile, but it also had me hmmmm'ing. I do think it a shame that He would not share that our completeness is found in only Him. I don't understand that.
Hi CharliRenee, cross reference Col. 2:10 and see what you find.

Noblemen

Jan 14, 2018
God doesn't take a part (not "apart") of Himself in the believer; rather, the Holy Spirit comes to dwell in our hearts. The Holy Spirit is not "a part" of God, as though God were divisible into bits and pieces.
Looking at the Trinity we say the three are one, three person's in one.
All with a distinct ministry, if you look at the word you see Christ is referred to as the seed of God.
That seed was placed in you the moment you believed

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
How do you handle the Christ in you statements? The God head bodily dwells in the believer with christ as their life.
Only After they believe Jesus and trust in the Atonement that He secured for their salvation does the Holy Spirit come to dwll in us.. There is no chirst in us before this..

Christ is referred to as the seed of God.
That seed was placed in you the moment you believed
That's right.. Not before the moment you believed..

Noblemen

Jan 14, 2018
Only After they believe Jesus and trust in the Atonement that He secured for their salvation does the Holy Spirit come to dwll in us.. There is no chirst in us before this..

That's right.. Not before the moment you believed..
Yes I'm referring to what happens after we believe, we just see things different but that's ok thanks for your comment

Mar 23, 2016
Colossians 1:

25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect [complete] in Christ Jesus

According to Scripture, there was a mystery which was hid from ages and generations. In Eph 3:9 we are told that this mystery had been hid in God from the beginning of the world.

Here in Col 1:27 we are told that Christ in you, the hope of glory, is the riches of the glory of that mystery which had been hid in God from the beginning of the world.

Every born again believer has:

the riches — fulness, abundance, plenitude of excellence in which one abounds

of the glory — the glorious condition of blessedness

of the mystery — which had been hid in God from the beginning of the world.

We are blessed beyond measure of all people living on earth. It is a sad state of affairs when the born again believer does not know that he/she has Christ in him or her, the riches of the glory of the mystery.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Paul places Christ in us as the life of the believer. Curious where you get that we are in the HolySpirit, and where is it the HolySpirit is life
Ah... okay...

Colossians 1:27 To them God has chosen to make known among the Gentiles the glorious riches of this mystery, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

2 Corinthians 1:21-22 Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

Ephesians 3:16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being,

I think you may have misread my earlier post. I stated, "the Holy Spirit comes to dwell in our hearts", not that we are in the Holy Spirit.