the horrible grammar thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

thatfizzyguy

Joefizz here back as that fizzy guy and a new thread idea as well, say something with incorrect grammar or quote a character from a show or movie for example Beast boy-Dude it is totally brung, brought!
Or even try to discuss using incorrect grammar have fun everyone and remember in this thread ain't is certainly a word!

G

Greeneyedwriter

I don't know if it counts, but I can type some regional accents for the sake of comedy. For example, in New England I have heard people say "Ya gotta work smahtah, not hahdah!"

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
I don't know if it counts, but I can type some regional accents for the sake of comedy. For example, in New England I have heard people say "Ya gotta work smahtah, not hahdah!"
I lived in Maine for 8 years and the typical able-bodied person there does neither. Poorest work ethic I have ever seen, no wonder no company wants to relocate to that God-forsaken place. Besides lack of infrastructure each town is controlled by a town council. These myopic individuals refuse to issue building permits for a business structure to be built. Very much anti-job in that place trying to prevent the landscape or existing structures to change in any way and content to live with the status quo. A young person out of high school or college has no choice but to leave the state to take advantage of economic opportunities elsewhere. It's not surprising that the population has not increased in the last 20 years. Eventually, there will be no workers to stock the shelves at the grocery store or to serve the French fries. I guess that those old people that are still left can finish off the canned green beans that was prepared years before, throw the last log in the wood stove and then call it good. As they also say, "It's gonna be wicked cold this wintah". Ain't that the truth.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
In this day and age, who would know the difference? Phonics pretty much killed off spelling and grammar, and the me-me-me movement guarantees no one cares.

Sorry. Pet peeve of mine.

Aug 14, 2018
It would have been nice if I would've saved someone of my old college papers they would have fit in and at least served a purpose in this thread.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
In this day and age, who would know the difference? Phonics pretty much killed off spelling and grammar, and the me-me-me movement guarantees no one cares.

Sorry. Pet peeve of mine.
If you are referring to the 'me too" movement, I fully agree with you that no one cares.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
It would have been nice if I would've saved someone of my old college papers they would have fit in and at least served a purpose in this thread.
Perhaps you could offer a synapsis of these papers.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
If you are referring to the 'me too" movement, I fully agree with you that no one cares.
Not the same thing. Talking about the 'me-me-me' generation and mindset. You know, I deserve a trophy for just showing up and who cares who wins.

Aug 14, 2018
It would probably make you see red. That's all I saw on them after the instructed passed them back cut to shreds with a red ink pen.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
My sister in law appointed herself 'home school teacher' for her kindergarten age granddaughter. Yet every single day she consistently posted gross misspellings and grammar on her Facebook page. One day I said, "if you are going to appoint yourself teacher to a new generation, don't you think it would be important to know, use, and teach proper spelling and grammar?" You should hear the tirade she went off on - and she hasn't spoken to me since. No, not only do people not care about details like spelling and grammar, those two just example a larger sick mindset that leads us to choices like Clinton v Trump.

Aug 14, 2018
My sister in law appointed herself 'home school teacher' for her kindergarten age granddaughter. Yet every single day she consistently posted gross misspellings and grammar on her Facebook page. One day I said, "if you are going to appoint yourself teacher to a new generation, don't you think it would be important to know, use, and teach proper spelling and grammar?" You should hear the tirade she went off on - and she hasn't spoken to me since. No, not only do people not care about details like spelling and grammar, those two just example a larger sick mindset that leads us to choices like Clinton v Trump.
The world has changed a lot and it seems people are just becoming lazy. My nephew is a very bright young boy, but he told me just the other day that he wasn't even worried about his spelling skills or having good handwriting because nobody writes by hand anymore and spell check can fix his misspellings for him.

T

thatfizzyguy

It's fin with me mane!

T

thatfizzyguy

The world has changed a lot and it seems people are just becoming lazy. My nephew is a very bright young boy, but he told me just the other day that he wasn't even worried about his spelling skills or having good handwriting because nobody writes by hand anymore and spell check can fix his misspellings for him.
I donut like spill chuck!

FVH

Jul 28, 2018
Ha, I think I can fill a whole thread with these.. I travel a lot for work and often have colleagues/people I meet who are non-native English speakers (including myself) - which sometimes ensues in pure comedy.

I once had a new (francophone) colleague who wanted to say he felt very welcome in the team. In French to feel and to smell are both "sentir" though the verb is conjugated differently. Either way he stated "I thank you for the warm welcome, I smell myself among my family"

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
And yet most of them don't even use spell check

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
The problem is, if they're too lazy to find and use proper spelling and grammar, they're too lazy to research issues beyond sound bites and memes. And that's how we get people like Trump and Clinton and Bush et leading us. Spelling and grammar are but the smallest symptoms of a much, much larger problem.

notuptome

May 17, 2013
The problem is, if they're too lazy to find and use proper spelling and grammar, they're too lazy to research issues beyond sound bites and memes. And that's how we get people like Trump and Clinton and Bush et leading us. Spelling and grammar are but the smallest symptoms of a much, much larger problem.
Always with an axe to grind.

You cannot expect much from folks who have atrocious theology and a total lack of discipleship to have any mental discipline. If you do then you are just dreaming.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

T

thatfizzyguy

Ha, I think I can fill a whole thread with these.. I travel a lot for work and often have colleagues/people I meet who are non-native English speakers (including myself) - which sometimes ensues in pure comedy.

I once had a new (francophone) colleague who wanted to say he felt very welcome in the team. In French to feel and to smell are both "sentir" though the verb is conjugated differently. Either way he stated "I thank you for the warm welcome, I smell myself among my family"
Fill up the thread by all means that was my point in making this after tall!