The ignore function

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Does Jesus put anyone on ignore?

Chester

May 23, 2016
First of all, let me call you out on some mistakes in your post.

Only a half-dozen bullies? Go into the "Not By Works" thread, & do a recount. I think you'll find you left out a zero somewhere, LOL!

Then there's the 2... I think it might be 7-8.:p

Seriously, though, there's wolfpacks in here with over half a dozen members EACH. I can think of two of them right now.
wolf-packs!! Yeah, trying saying about ________________________, and this wolf pack will appear. Trying saying about _______________ and this wolf pack will appear . . . . LOL!

I can see your point, but for the most part I don't think it is actually so. I suppose I am in one or more of the "wolf packs" you write about. But what is interesting is that I am best friends with some of the guys in the opposite wolf pack. Iron sharpens iron and debate and tough speaking is not necessarily bad . . . but I agree it should not get into name calling or saying the other person is "not saved", "going to hell" etc.

The "ignore" option. I use it for some of those pesky personal letters I get that want money or other favors . . .

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
I think some people take great personal offense to someone simply disagreeing with their idea.

Evolution must be real, the skin is getting so thin.

7seasrekeyed

I think some people take great personal offense to someone simply disagreeing with their idea.

haha

hang around here long enough, and you will grow a thicker skin :p

N

NoNameMcgee

Reported and ignored.

A

AuntieAnt

Does Jesus put anyone on ignore?
It's written a few times where Jesus hid away from some people whose only intent was to destory Him.

At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.

They got up, drove Jesus out of the town, and led Him to the brow of the hill on which the town was built, in order to throw Him over the cliff. But Jesus passed through the crowd and went on his way.

So I think the ignore button is good. Everyone's entitled to their opinion of course, but I do hide myself away from a few people after attempts at reasoning with them have failed. If Jesus Himself didn't stand around contending with angry folks taking potshots at Him, I'm not contending with them either.

Although I will add, most folks here are extremely gracious and are able to reason with love and mercy. And it's with those same folks that I am also made aware when I am the one in the wrong and can learn and grow from them.

But for the very few who will not reason, I thank CC for providing the ignore button. Bless God! \:eek:/

Last edited by a moderator:

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
What If I put someone on Ignore and then my curiosity about what they might be posting peaks my Interest to the degree that I view their post,I find then that putting them on Ignore Is not true because I'm not really Ignoring them anyway,so why bother?
The Ignore feature is built-in and works the way it works, (I could be mistaken) but I don't think it can be tweaked to hide your posts. Even if that were to happen you might still see some of the comments from people on your ignore list when they are quoted by another user.

U

Ugly

They won't let such an idea happen even if the software allowed it.

The reason? We would be able to "wall out" certain hateful members we obviously can't stand, & leave them ranting in silence.

They don't want that to happen, because then we could cut off half the poison coming through the site all by ourselves, without Admin interaction.

Nice thought, though.:D
You realize admins are unpaid volunteers that have to regularly sift through unfounded reported post after unfounded reported post, right? And part of the reason some suggestions aren't implemented is because it adds more work to the mods. Your accusation runs counter to the truth.
In fact they changed chat room monitoring to no longer require mods to kick people. They did the very thing you said they wouldn't want to do. Hmm...

7seasrekeyed

I ignore you

You ignore me

Making some peace

If not reality

(sung to the tune of Barney's I love you song)