The Key Issue We've All Been Ignoring ....PRAYING IN THE SPIRIT(TONGUES)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Jul 23, 2018
The thing is,we encounter instances where we have a difficulty with someone. This will for sure break those strongholds of unforgivemess/animosity.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
we encounter instances where we have a difficulty with someone.
Absolutely said:
(TONGUES)
Balaam arose in the morning, and saddled his donkey and went with the leaders of Moab.
But God was angry because he was going, and The Angel of the Lord took His stand in the way as an adversary against him. Now he was riding on his donkey and his two servants were with him. When the donkey saw The Angel of the Lord standing in the way with His drawn sword in His hand, the donkey turned off from the way and went into the field; but Balaam struck the donkey to turn her back into the way. Then The Angel of the Lord stood in a narrow path of the vineyards, with a wall on this side and a wall on that side. When the donkey saw The Angel of the Lord, she pressed herself to the wall and pressed Balaam’s foot against the wall, so he struck her again. The Angel of the Lord went further, and stood in a narrow place where there was no way to turn to the right hand or the left. When the donkey saw The Angel of the Lord, she lay down under Balaam; so Balaam was angry and struck the donkey with his stick. And the Lord opened the mouth of the donkey, and she said to Balaam, “What have I done to you, that you have struck me these three times?” Then Balaam said to the donkey, “Because you have made a mockery of me! If there had been a sword in my hand, I would have killed you by now.” The donkey said to Balaam, “Am I not your donkey on which you have ridden all your life to this day? Have I ever been accustomed to do so to you?” And he said, “No.”
(Numbers 22:21-30)

fredoheaven

Nov 17, 2015
Balaam arose in the morning, and saddled his donkey and went with the leaders of Moab.
But God was angry because he was going, and The Angel of the Lord took His stand in the way as an adversary against him. Now he was riding on his donkey and his two servants were with him. When the donkey saw The Angel of the Lord standing in the way with His drawn sword in His hand, the donkey turned off from the way and went into the field; but Balaam struck the donkey to turn her back into the way. Then The Angel of the Lord stood in a narrow path of the vineyards, with a wall on this side and a wall on that side. When the donkey saw The Angel of the Lord, she pressed herself to the wall and pressed Balaam’s foot against the wall, so he struck her again. The Angel of the Lord went further, and stood in a narrow place where there was no way to turn to the right hand or the left. When the donkey saw The Angel of the Lord, she lay down under Balaam; so Balaam was angry and struck the donkey with his stick. And the Lord opened the mouth of the donkey, and she said to Balaam, “What have I done to you, that you have struck me these three times?” Then Balaam said to the donkey, “Because you have made a mockery of me! If there had been a sword in my hand, I would have killed you by now.” The donkey said to Balaam, “Am I not your donkey on which you have ridden all your life to this day? Have I ever been accustomed to do so to you?” And he said, “No.”
By God's miracle way, even the animal spake in the language of men...

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
By God's miracle way, even the animal spake in the language of men...
that donkey had difficulty with someone, and after he'd exhausted other options, Yah opened his mouth to address that someone in tongues.

:)

Dec 12, 2013
Shakes head...........yeah, that is what I would do....play a video with Jim Baker as proof in the pudding of anything.......

I pray in English....God hears it just fine and answers my prayer requests just fine......!!

notuptome

May 17, 2013
You cannot demonstrate that praying in tongues is praying in the Spirit. Jesus prayed in the garden and sweat as it were great drops of blood. With great agony and intensity Jesus prayed yet there is not even a hint of the presence this glorious prayer tongue.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Apparently, the donkey had the gift of tongues. Mr. Ed (the horse of course) had this gift also.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
You cannot demonstrate that praying in tongues is praying in the Spirit. Jesus prayed in the garden and sweat as it were great drops of blood. With great agony and intensity Jesus prayed yet there is not even a hint of the presence this glorious prayer tongue.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
My wife and I just read this in the 22 chapter of Luke this afternoon.

S

SpoonJuly

Shakes head...........yeah, that is what I would do....play a video with Jim Baker as proof in the pudding of anything.......

I pray in English....God hears it just fine and answers my prayer requests just fine......!!
And I do it in complete silence and He hears every thought.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
And I do it in complete silence and He hears every thought.
when i don't know how to pray, the Spirit in me prays in a way that is impossible to be expressed in any language of any creature; it simply 'cannot be uttered'

S

selfdissolving

im gonna pray in tongues right now. here i go.

blAH blah blee bloo be blah lah blee lalama lobba blah blu blAH BLAH blAH BOO boo bah mah ta la blah bah ta ta fa la

makes perfect sense.

obedienttogod

Jan 3, 2019

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Why would Jesus have to ever pray or speak in the Spirit, He is God. He created everything including Tongues of humans, animals sounds, Spiritual Tongues.

Your post makes no sense, unless I contort my mind to that of an unbeliever. And then it makes perfect sense, because of the lack of knowledge!!

obedienttogod

Jan 3, 2019
The thing is,we encounter instances where we have a difficulty with someone. This will for sure break those strongholds of unforgivemess/animosity.

It's no secret that I believe all Gifts are still active.
God never changes, and His Gifts would be the SAME as God, never changing.

But this video, I have no issue that Jim Bakker has sought forgiveness and is forgiven. He just is not always my cup of tea. But Kenneth Copeland, hmmmm, I have seen him do things that has caused my own spirit to be grieved. I have heard him tell something one way and the opposite way in his next breathe. Touch not my Anointed, we are commanded. But if Jimmy isn't my cup of tea, Kenneth is not my choice for anything.

And the look he made and the way he said he acted when he saw Johnson on tv speaking, is how I do when I see Kenneth on tv or this video...

But like Kenneth had to do, so do I...

God forgive me!!

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Ignoring? How can I ignore what I don't have. No one has all the gifts.