The King James Bible

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
I tell you to compare what you read in modern bibles with what the Holy Bible says.

Do you think God confounded the hearers on the day of Pentecost? or did God confuse them on the day of Pentecost?

Do you think God confused the language at Babel? or did God confound the languages at Babel?

Do you think God is a confuse? or is God a confounder?
What I think is that you have an epic list of pretentious complaints to vent from a KJVO cult website.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Many of these rewrites have altogether stripped away the meaning of the original and left mere nonsensical gibberish in its place.
Sorry to have to put it like this, but that is pure cow manure.

And, what is a "Grave Divine" ?? Sounds like something from Star Trek.

Some of the newer translations have used more translators than that, and from all spectrums of the religious world. They translate and cross check, and they are using thousands more recently uncovered documents than the KJV translators had available.

Your assertion is only your wishful thinking.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Well does it really matter in the grand scheme of things? What really matters is do you know, that you know, that you know? And that's Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior?
Three questions for you:

Why do you make such bold assertions, and when challenged, refuse to provide supporting evidence (direction to a web page is not evidence)?

Why do you join in a discussion about a specific topic and try to shear the discussion away when you cannot respond adequately to challenges made on that topic?

What suggests to you that I don't know Christ as Lord, that you would ask in such a brusque manner?

Joseppi

Jan 4, 2018
But you never proved your assertion that the KJV version is the Holy Bible. Its like comparing NIV with ESV.

We all know that there are differences. What you try to conclude from this differences is totally unsupported by facts.
The fact is that, comparison of modern bibles with the Holy Bible proved falsehoods, erasures, and corruption found in modern bibles.

As for the avoidance of comparison accomplished pretending there exist superior scriptures in Greek and Hebrew or some modern bible can't be presented by you or anyone else.
You know why. Because it aint so. And when modern bible lovers are done posturing and obfuscating sooner or later a supposed scripture must eventually be presented as evidence of the work of scholars and other retranslstors. Then the truth becomes available for all common men to evaluate.
You have a superior modern bible? Dint tell how great your opinion of it is. Show us all the depth of your undetdtanding.

Joseppi

Jan 4, 2018
What I think is that you have an epic list of pretentious complaints to vent from a KJVO cult website.
The Holy Ghost teaches me.
But you ought to be able to google for help if you think otherwise.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
I prove it all the time by simple comparison of the modern bibles to the Holy Bible.
This is madness I tell thee!

There would have been a prophecy about in scripture if God had intended to seal his word for all time in one translation of one language within a narrow time frame of the development of that language.

PeterJames

Feb 13, 2017
This is the second time I've seen this accusation below shown as "fact".

There are some even among modern translation users who believe that different publishing houses want their own translation of the Bible so they don't have to pay other publishing houses rights to use the text.

But I haven't found any solid factual proof of this; just beliefs of intents on the heart. I think this is another unprovable argument that should be dropped. It certainly doesn't speak to any textual issues related to the majority text or otherwise.

The modern bible publisher seeking filthy lucre are not only presenting corrupt texts, but are also knowingly trying to deceive readers into thinking that their modern improved bibles have erased scriptures.
They aren't men of God at all.
Their left hand knows precisely what their right hand is doing.

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
Something like....And the sons of Japeth as they spread out upon the distant Western Isles and build for themselves an empire where the sun doth not set will sprout forth the heavenly tongue in which will be sealed the perfect words of The Lord Thy God for all time. Yea! even an island of strange kings shall bringeth forth the holy vernacular from which thou shouldst not depart.

PeterJames

Feb 13, 2017
There is no scripture elevating a particular translation above another. I believe it goes back to comparing manuscripts to see the intent of the verses and words. And it shouldn't matter which side of the textual debate one finds themselves.

I also personally believe there is not one set of manuscripts (and thereby one set of translations) that should be worshipped; had God told us "use this translation and this translation only " - we'd be worshipping that particular Bible ... .. like ... it seems ... some rabid KJV onlyists ... do ... hmm.

There would have been a prophecy about in scripture if God had intended to seal his word for all time in one translation of one language within a narrow time frame of the development of that language.

PeterJames

Feb 13, 2017
Actually, I think much can be said about the idea that we can actually trust the accuracy of the Scripture based on the number of manuscripts we possess. If the entire NT fell off the face of the earth today, we could reconstruct the text based on quotations from the early church fathers.

All of these copies and fragments are valuable, especially in comparing them one to another, to see God's pure word. No other documents in the history of the world have the kind of witness that God's word has.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
The fact is that, comparison of modern bibles with the Holy Bible proved falsehoods, erasures, and corruption found in modern bibles.
People who don't accept that the KJV is the standard of accuracy aren't likely to accept your conclusions based on that belief.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Something like....And the sons of Japeth as they spread out upon the distant Western Isles and build for themselves an empire where the sun doth not set will sprout forth the heavenly tongue in which will be sealed the perfect words of The Lord Thy God for all time. Yea! even an island of strange kings shall bringeth forth the holy vernacular from which thou shouldst not depart.
WORD-eth..... Shew them the light!

PeterJames

Feb 13, 2017
When I used to be a rabid KJVOist (now my bite is not so poisonous!] - I can see that there is somewhat of a comfort in thinking about what you believe. You know this is the Bible, this is God's word - and it's as simple as that.

When one realizes, however, the scope and magnitude of the manuscripts, which is actually proof that the Bible is true (rather than an impediment that there are these dreaded variants) - sometimes we think that surely the 1611 is good enough.

And to some degree, I do believe that if someone only used a KJV and prayed to the Holy Spirit and thoroughly read context - most everything needful for a fruitful Christian life is readily available.

But there is no way I can cut off half the body of Christ or more who have valuable lessons to teach me and who are loved by God simply by the translation that they use.

People who don't accept that the KJV is the standard of accuracy aren't likely to accept your conclusions based on that belief.

PeterJames

Feb 13, 2017
Sorry if it's not very Christian of me ... but I'm reminded of Monty Python's holy grail: "And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once at the number three, being the third number be reached, then, lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.'"

I'm sorry to say, I may have to throw this grenade at some of you. :)

WORD-eth..... Shew them the light!

Joseppi

Jan 4, 2018

Jesus told us his words would never pass away and that the scriptures can't be broken, and he told us to go search the scriptures for they speak of him.
Jesus said the Holy Ghost would lead us into all truth, that his words are spirit and life.
In volume of the book it is written of Jesus Christ.
The Bereans searched the scriptures to see if what they were told was true.
Paul told us that all tbat was written before was written to us to learn about righteousness.
Jesus reminded the Jews of what David wrote, what Moses wrote what Isaiah wrote etc....
There isnt one scripture that agrees with any notion that the scriptures would vanish.
The darkness of the dark ages occurred because ecclesiastics hid the gospel and the truth of the New Testament from the common man lest they lose their power over the masses.

You can pretend there exists a cult of what is call onlyistsb but the truth is that anyone believing the scriptures have always been opposed by those that invent man made doctrines and use corrupt scriptures to deceive the common man.

Joseppi

Jan 4, 2018
This is the second time I've seen this accusation below shown as "fact".

There are some even among modern translation users who believe that different publishing houses want their own translation of the Bible so they don't have to pay other publishing houses rights to use the text.

But I haven't found any solid factual proof of this; just beliefs of intents on the heart. I think this is another unprovable argument that should be dropped. It certainly doesn't speak to any textual issues related to the majority text or otherwise.
What reason does the scripture give for why men corrupt the scriptures?
Filthy lucre.