The Kingdom Of God is Within You

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

UnitedWithChrist

Aug 12, 2019
A

I think you should review Isaiah 8...
There is only ONE TRUTH...
I don't understand your remark. Perhaps you should explain your point in more detail.

Unless you are defending Bob Jones as a prophet/seer, you should have no problem with my remarks.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
And when he was demanded of the of the Pharisees when
the kingdom of God should come. He answered them and
said The Kingdom of God cometh not with observation
neither shall they say Lo here or Lo there for behold the
Kingdom of God is within you

Luke 17:20 KJV

I would be interested to see exactly how people on site understand this statement seeing that he said
it to the Pharisees and not directly to his Disciples.
They asked Jesus when the Kingdom of God could be seen. He was telling them it could be seen now, because it's all around. Knowing Jesus, our perception of things change,

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Jn.3:3

Robertt

May 22, 2019
Bahrain
Most modern translations render that phrase "the Kingdom of God is in your midst" or " the Kingdom of God is among you". I know the KJV Onlyists will go into convulsions when they read this, but this verse is one of many that the KJV translators got very wrong.
Greek word used ENTOS

inside (adverb or noun) :- within

Not amongst.

I agree KJV gets things wrong, but not this time.

miknik5

Jun 2, 2016
I don't understand your remark. Perhaps you should explain your point in more detail.

Unless you are defending Bob Jones as a prophet/seer, you should have no problem with my remarks.
Iḿ hoping that as you study gnosticism, you understand that many can distort the truth. And there is only ONE TRUTH...

There aren´t any Prophets, in the sense that anyone needs to add to the STORY of OUR SALVATION in, by and through CHRIST...
And when somebody does, they certainly don´t understand the MAGNITUDE of the STORY of OUR SALVATION in, by and through CHRIST.

I pointed to Isaiah 8 because in the end, many people will be running to any other voice that will please their itchy ears.

BIND UP THE TESTIMONY amongst my disciples....means just that....

No...I don´t know who Bob Jones is, but if he claims he is a prophet, then I probably don´t really want to know him or his words....

UnitedWithChrist

Aug 12, 2019
Iḿ hoping that as you study gnosticism, you understand that many can distort the truth. And there is only ONE TRUTH...

There aren´t any Prophets, in the sense that anyone needs to add to the STORY of OUR SALVATION in, by and through CHRIST...
And when somebody does, they certainly don´t understand the MAGNITUDE of the STORY of OUR SALVATION in, by and through CHRIST.

I pointed to Isaiah 8 because in the end, many people will be running to any other voice that will please their itchy ears.

BIND UP THE TESTIMONY amongst my disciples....means just that....

No...I don´t know who Bob Jones is, but if he claims he is a prophet, then I probably don´t really want to know him or his words....
Isaiah is specifically referring to his own writings in this verse.

But, the principle of Sola Scriptura is a position that I hold.

I am not sure how I am in contradiction concerning this.

The reason I studied Gnosticism is that Gnosticism is a heresy that affected the early church. Gnosticism was not fully developed by that point, but threads of Gnosticism were coming together, and affecting the Church. For instance, one can't understand Colossians or 1 John very well, unless they understand Gnosticism as the context. They were the most likely antagonists in both books.

Maybe you don't understand that I am a Christian, and am not looking for truth in Gnosticism. In fact, I strive to understand it so I can interpret Scripture correctly because it is the context of these two books.

Unlike most Christians, I study Church history because I don't want to be ignorant and simply mindlessly read the text, importing my own context to it. Additionally, church history helps avoid past errors and extremes.

I highly commend Nick Needham's 4 volume set, 2000 Years of Christ's Power, for anyone who wants to understand Church history. There's also an audio set regarding Church history by Bruce Gore on Youtube, and another one by James White on SermonAudio.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Please don’t mock the Lords ability to rule. This world is in darkness. This world is in sin. If Christ was ruling this world, it would not be in this condition. No wonder people think Jesus is a joke if there are people spreading the rumor that Jesus is ruling as King right now. Pretty pathetic.
I fully concur with your estimation.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
The world mocks how Jesus rules. The world is in sin and darkness, but this doesn't mean God isn't ruling over mankind. Because evil exists, the world doesn't believe there even is a God, but believers know that God is patient and merciful, not wanting sinners to perish, giving people time to repent and believe. And Christs reign, where he is long suffering toward evil mankind, is going to end someday. Jesus our Creator reigns in mercy right now. Christians who can't see this don't know him very well.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
What's pathetic is how the world thinks Jesus turning the other cheek is the weak one. God, not passing sentence on sinners even when he was abused by them. Thank you for Your great mercy dear Jesus.