The Lone Star Thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Susanna

I should state for the record, that I did not in any way mean to disrespect or insult Catholics.

I've had many Catholic friends and a Catholic boss whom I believe protected me from a few questionable situations in a workplace. I also had a good friend in college who was a Jehovah's Witness and attended a Kingdom Hall meeting with her because I wanted to find out more about what she believed, and why.

I had nothing but love and respect for these people, and my prayer for them is always that God will bless them and reveal His personal relationship (and salvation) to them as well.

And now, I would like to offer my apologies to Susanna for the derail--I'm very sorry for going off track--but I just wanted to emphasize that I was just trying to make a joke, and I'm sorry if it offended anyone who may happen to identify with Catholicism.
No worries. A thread is supposed to be derailed at some point.

And look at me posting like a maniac in my own thread...what a loser:p

LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Susanna

My mother was born in Big Springs Texas, so I'm half Texan by birth. I drink Shiner Bock, and my favorite chain restaurant is Texas Roadhouse.

What does that get me?
Now WHY did she move OUT of TEXAS???!!!

LOL

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
You know you're in Texas when you order a Bloody Mary and get this. :p

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
What? No ham hock? What's a bloody mary without ham hock?

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
I used to think that I was really a Southerner at heart who had somehow been accidentally deposited somewhere up north by mistake.

After all, I have always been interested in Southern culture and love Southern accents so much that I've actually considered moving to the South in order to be surrounded by them. (The most tragic thing is when I've met transplanted Southerners upr north who were made fun of for their accent... and so they strived to try to erase any traces of it :() Personally, I think this should be considered a crime.

I once knew a girl who was originally from Korea, but adopted into a family in Virginia, and she had the cutest Southern accent one could imagine.

Now that I think about it though, I realize why I wasn't originally exported to the South...

I've never really cared for BBQ.

And I'm pretty sure that in Texas, a public confession of that magnitude would get me a good old-fashioned hanging--even faster than if I had been caught stealing someone's horse.

I can't even fully look at those pictures of ribs. I DO NOT like to recognize any of my food before I eat it. Bleh. :eek:

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
I used to think that I was really a Southerner at heart who had somehow been accidentally deposited somewhere up north by mistake.

After all, I have always been interested in Southern culture and love Southern accents so much that I've actually considered moving to the South in order to be surrounded by them. (The most tragic thing is when I've met transplanted Southerners upr north who were made fun of for their accent... and so they strived to try to erase any traces of it :() Personally, I think this should be considered a crime.

I once knew a girl who was originally from Korea, but adopted into a family in Virginia, and she had the cutest Southern accent one could imagine.

Now that I think about it though, I realize why I wasn't originally exported to the South...

I've never really cared for BBQ.

And I'm pretty sure that in Texas, a public confession of that magnitude would get me a good old-fashioned hanging--even faster than if I had been caught stealing someone's horse.

I can't even fully look at those pictures of ribs. I DO NOT like to recognize any of my food before I eat it. Bleh. :eek:
I'll just bring you back a plate from the pit.

J

joefizz

I'm from big ol' Texas my state name even spells Texas,T e n n e s s e e,Texas, how it was meant to be spelled after all with that Huge name my state must be Texas.

Isny

Jan 15, 2017
I'm not here to post, I'm just making a public observation. :p

If the only people allowed to post here have to be from Texas, and none of the other Texi-manians (or was that, Texi-maniacs ;)) feel like posting, poor Susanna might wind up sitting alone in a thread just talking to herself.

Don't worry, Susanna. I've been there many times. :)

And I'm still perfectly normal.
And I'm still perfectly normal.
And I'm still perfectly...

Well, anyway. No disrespect at all meant to Texas--I was there once for a couple of days, does that count? I have to admit, I have never seen so much homegrown state pride in all my life. After all, where else could I buy Texas-shaped muffin pans, Texas-shaped cheese boards, and Texas-shaped oven mitts??? (Yes, for some reason, found myself trapped in the baking aisle of a store in Texas. That right there sounds like the makings of a good country Western song...)

I would love to go back.

And with all that scrumptious Southern food to enjoy, when I eventually come back, I just might be the size of Texas.
If you do come back the size of Texas, you may not live long but you'll "go" with a smile on your face!