THE NUMBER PI IN THE BIBLE

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 24, 2017
Yes, I know, you cannot handle being exposed so to retaliate you put them on ignore, then obviously take them off. Then when you're shown your error yet again you call the person lost.

I highly respect Angela53510. You should too.

So how is it that you're following a woman named Donna who made a Bible program to count numbers? How is that going for you, seeing you're trapped in a never ending cycle of chasing numbers, and not Christ?
I don't follow Donna, I just use her software.

Dec 28, 2016
I don't follow Donna, I just use her software.
No, you follow Donna and are trapped following numbers, incessantly, but not Christ.

Once in a while you give a token to the latter. Then it's all good.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
It is called a rational approximation of Pi, but I guess they didn't reach you that in "calculus."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Approximations_of_π

Oh by the way , Pi is 3.14159.... and not 3.1459...like you have posted.

Great link! It explains clearly that the ancient civilizations before the “Common Era” CE, or before the time of Christ, were not able to be accurate beyond 2 decimal places.

“[FONT=&quot]The best known approximations to [/FONT]π[FONT=&quot] dating to [/FONT]before the Common Era[FONT=&quot] were accurate to two decimal places; this was improved upon in [/FONT]Chinese mathematics[FONT=&quot] in particular by the mid-first millennium, to an accuracy of seven decimal places. After this, no further progress was made until the late medieval period.”

Sadly for you, and I did not know this, today, Pi has been calculated to 22.4 trillion decimal points.

“[/FONT][FONT=&quot]The record of manual approximation of [/FONT]π[FONT=&quot] is held by [/FONT]William Shanks[FONT=&quot], who calculated 527 digits correctly in the years preceding 1873. Since the middle of the 20th century, the approximation of [/FONT]π[FONT=&quot] has been the task of electronic digital computers; as of November 2016[/FONT][FONT=&quot], the record is 22.4[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]trillion digits.”

So, you can’t claim your approximation is even close! (Yes, I did miss that one after .14. Thanks for pointing it out. My hands are in very bad shape, unfortunately, and I either missed it, or didn’t see it. My bad!)

As for your “approximations” what does your lovely link say?

”[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Depending on the purpose of a calculation, [/FONT]π[FONT=&quot] can be approximated by using fractions for ease of calculation. The most notable such approximations are ​[/FONT][FONT=&quot][SUP]22[/SUP]⁄[SUB]7[/SUB][/FONT][FONT=&quot] (accuracy 2·10[/FONT][SUP]−4[/SUP][FONT=&quot]) and ​[/FONT][FONT=&quot][SUP]355[/SUP]⁄[SUB]113[/SUB][/FONT][FONT=&quot] (accuracy 8·10[/FONT][SUP]−8[/SUP][FONT=&quot]).”

Hmm! No 111/106 listed. Because it deviates so rapidly from Pi, the 6th decimal place. Yes, I got that wrong, based on that missed number 1. So, I am correcting it from 3rd decimal place to 6th. Anything you want to correct?

Nor have you explained your random choice of 111/106. Next time, if you want an approximation, try 22/7 or 355/113.

As for now, you have picked the wrong numbers! But, then, you do have no methods whatsoever for the numbers you pull out of a hat. Spare me the rhetoric and don’t bother going over your mishmash again. I have to go do things![/FONT]

Nov 24, 2017
This is why I eventually had to ignore you. WHAT HAVE I SAID ON THIS THREAD CONCERNING THE TOPIC OF PI AND THE BIBLE IS FALSE? Where did I lie or mislead? Here is a pattern for you in the number Pi.

"Jesus: = 37 x 2 in simple English gematria (even Angela can calculate that A=1, B=2, C=3....)
"Christ" = 555 = 37 x 15 times in the King James Bible

The number of man is 6 and in 1 Timothy 2:5 we read:

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;"

The 6th (number of man) occurrence of the number 37 in Pi is at the 555 (37x15) position from the decimal point. This number created by God and found in all nature has Jesus Christ encoded in it. Hallelujah and praise the Lord! These are facts!

Nov 24, 2017
Great link! It explains clearly that the ancient civilizations before the “Common Era” CE, or before the time of Christ, were not able to be accurate beyond 2 decimal places.

The best known approximations to π dating to before the Common Era were accurate to two decimal places; this was improved upon in Chinese mathematics in particular by the mid-first millennium, to an accuracy of seven decimal places. After this, no further progress was made until the late medieval period.”

Sadly for you, and I did not know this, today, Pi has been calculated to 22.4 trillion decimal points.

The record of manual approximation of π is held by William Shanks, who calculated 527 digits correctly in the years preceding 1873. Since the middle of the 20th century, the approximation of π has been the task of electronic digital computers; as of November 2016, the record is 22.4trillion digits.”

So, you can’t claim your approximation is even close! (Yes, I did miss that one after .14. Thanks for pointing it out. My hands are in very bad shape, unfortunately, and I either missed it, or didn’t see it. My bad!)

As for your “approximations” what does your lovely link say?

Depending on the purpose of a calculation, π can be approximated by using fractions for ease of calculation. The most notable such approximations are ​[SUP]22[/SUP]⁄[SUB]7[/SUB] (accuracy 2·10[SUP]−4[/SUP]) and ​[SUP]355[/SUP]⁄[SUB]113[/SUB] (accuracy 8·10[SUP]−8[/SUP]).”

Hmm! No 111/106 listed. Because it deviates so rapidly from Pi, the 6th decimal place. Yes, I got that wrong, based on that missed number 1. So, I am correcting it from 3rd decimal place to 6th. Anything you want to correct?

Nor have you explained your random choice of 111/106. Next time, if you want an approximation, try 22/7 or 355/113.

As for now, you have picked the wrong numbers! But, then, you do have no methods whatsoever for the numbers you pull out of a hat. Spare me the rhetoric and don’t bother going over your mishmash again. I have to go do things!

What is your point Angela? Should I have found all 22.4 trillion digits in Pi in 1 Kings 7:23? Your entire post is absurd. Read Chuck Misslers article before you continue to put your ignorance on display!

http://What is your point Angela? S... – Chuck Missler – Koinonia House

Nov 24, 2017

round” found 320 times in the KJB and position 320 in Pi contains the 22nd occurrence of 7 in Pi. (22/7 = 3.142..) The word “round” is found in 296 (37x8) verses of the Bible and exactly 37 times in the New Testament. It is found in 259 (37x7) verses of the Old Testament in 157 (157 is 37th prime) chapters and 157 x 2 = 314. Furthermore, position 320 in Pi counting from the decimal point is the 3rd occurrence of the number 74 (37 x 2) in Pi.

"It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof areas grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:" (Isaiah 40:22)

"sitteth" in this verse is the 22nd occurrence of this word in the King James Bible

"sitteth upon" in this verse is the 7th occurrence of this phrase in the King James Bible

"circle" only occurs once in the king James Bible

22/7 (3.142..) is a good approximation of PI

As for now, you have picked the wrong numbers! But, then, you do have no methods whatsoever for the numbers you pull out of a hat. Spare me the rhetoric and don’t bother going over your mishmash again. I have to go do things!
I already had if you would take the time to actually examine anything I posted on this thread carefully but your mind is operating recklessly at 1000 miles an hour you miss it!

Here is another one you missed in the original post.

"thirty cubits" = 7th occurrence 1 Kings 7:23
"cubit" = 22 occurence in verse 24 in the phrase "ten in a cubit" which is referring to the thirty in verse 23.

Again 22/7 = 3.142 which is a good approximation of Pi.

Last edited:

Laish

Jul 31, 2016
What is your point Angela? Should I have found all 22.4 trillion digits in Pi in 1 Kings 7:23? Your entire post is absurd. Read Chuck Misslers article before you continue to put your ignorance on display!

http://What is your point Angela? S... – Chuck Missler – Koinonia House
Are you talking about the same Chuck Missler that plagiarized the new age (Satanic ) author Michael Talbot’s book the holographic universe to write his book cosmic codes ? Also note the same Chuck that used his experance in computer science and knowledge of mathematics to warn us back in 1998 that Y2K would cause a catastrophe bringing the world back to the Stone Age before the end of year 2000.
Sir Chuck is a false prophet.
Ezekiel 13:9 My hand will be against the prophets who see false visions and who give lying divinations. They shall not be in the council of my people, nor be enrolled in the register of the house of Israel, nor shall they enter the land of Israel. And you shall know that I am the Lord God.
Missler spoke falsely about the coming of the year 2000 . He stole the work of a new age author for his book about numerical codes .
I would turn away from him if I were you . His actions speak volumes of his inequality .
Blessings
Bill

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2016
I wouldn't read into what I posted that Pi equals "ten." The ratio of 111/106 is encoded in the word ten in this verse; thus, allowing us to calculated Pi. The same is true with the phrase "round about" in verse 24 which also has the ratio 111/106 encoded in it. Critics have claimed falsely that the Bible implies Pi is equal to 3 and use this idea to try and undermine the inerrancy of scripture. It is my opinion that the number 30 (after it is multiplied by 10 which are the number of knops per cubit) points us to the 300th position of Pi counting from the decimal point which is the 3rd occurrence of the number 37 in Pi showing that Pi is not "irrational" but in perfect order.
I would think it is how we hear God. How do we reason? By words or numbers?

You say perfect order. I would ask, a perfect order of what?... a circle? What does the circle represent ...3.14?

I would think our goal would be to rightly divide the word used as a number and not the number. The word numbers already have a meaning attached to the word, we are rightly divide words not number values.

I am not against circular (3.14) reasoning or comparing scripture to scripture, but looking for ratios as a secret codes and not parables as the way of revealing a spiritual matter to one and hiding it from another. Where do you find a prescription in the scriptures for that kind of reasoning (ratios as a secret codes) ?

Again I think the hidden manna (manna ,What is it?) is found in parables that have meaning applied to the number words, not the decimal equivalent, all the words .Like let us hear what the Spirit is saying . Not the mathematician.

Revelation 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
That is not what I said, I believe the name implies that they are illogical and random when they are not. It merely a lack of understanding on our part because of our finite minds and lack of understanding.
It is a lack of understanding on your part, not knowing what 'rational' means in the context of mathematics.

Nevertheless it may please you to know that pi ((and e)) are special cases of irrational numbers, which are called more accurately 'transcendental' numbers.

37, by the way, is not transcendental. ((FYI))

Nov 24, 2017
Are you talking about the same Chuck Missler that plagiarized the new age (Satanic ) author Michael Talbot’s book the holographic universe to write his book cosmic codes ? Also note the same Chuck that used his experance in computer science and knowledge of mathematics to warn us back in 1998 that Y2K would cause a catastrophe bringing the world back to the Stone Age before the end of year 2000.
Sir Chuck is a false prophet.
Ezekiel 13:9 My hand will be against the prophets who see false visions and who give lying divinations. They shall not be in the council of my people, nor be enrolled in the register of the house of Israel, nor shall they enter the land of Israel. And you shall know that I am the Lord God.
Missler spoke falsely about the coming of the year 2000 . He stole the work of a new age author for his book about numerical codes .
I would turn away from him if I were you . His actions speak volumes of his inequality .
Blessings
Bill
Whether all of this is true or not I don't know. Chuck Missler did not originate this idea and I am not a Chuck Missler follower (I invoked his name since he was an engineer and I was debating a "mathematician" and a woman who took "calculus") anyways but the math in 1 Kings 7:23 is sound in the article and I am not going to throw the baby out with the bath water so to speak.

Here is a Jewish source that uses the ratio 111/106 to calculate Pi in 1 Kings 1:23

Torah Source for Pi: Book of Kings Response on Ask the Rabbi

Not only is there two witnesses in the King James Bible to this calculation but we also have the witness of the Hebrew language. Why should both the original Hebrew and the King James Bible both have the ratio 111/106 attached to them in the exact same verse concerning the measurement of a circle?

Thanks for the warning Bill and blessings to you as well :)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I already had if you would take the time to actually examine anything I posted on this thread carefully but your mind is operating recklessly at 1000 miles an hour you miss it!

Here is another one you missed in the original post.

"thirty cubits" = 7th occurrence 1 Kings 7:23
"cubit" = 22 occurence in verse 24 in the phrase "ten in a cubit" which is referring to the thirty in verse 23.

Again 22/7 = 3.142 which is a good approximation of Pi.
Why don't you apply exactly the same thing to 'ten cubits'?

Why don't you use the instance of the word 'cubits' that's actually in the phrase 'thirty cubits'? Instead of going and grabbing the one from 'ten cubits'?

Oh, because then you wouldn't get 22 and 7?

So this is more evidence that you're not respecting the text so much as you are manipulating it in order to find what you want to find. You're not following any consistent rules of what to do, you're making them up as you go along to make sure you come up with whatever answer you want.

Does that not occur to you at all?

Nov 24, 2017
It is a lack of understanding on your part, not knowing what 'rational' means in the context of mathematics.

Nevertheless it may please you to know that pi ((and e)) are special cases of irrational numbers, which are called more accurately 'transcendental' numbers.

37, by the way, is not transcendental. ((FYI))
Actually you haven't stated anything that I don't already know. I am still waiting for you to point out anything that is not true in the original post that I started this thread with. I personally believe the the name "irrational" is not a good choice when it comes Pi, e, or Phi just as Charles Gauss didn't like the name "imaginary" when it came to complex numbers and preferred "lateral." It is my opinion and that is it. It doesn't mean that i do not understand them as you are implying.

37 may not be a transcendental number but it is a Bible number that is connected with wisdom: 666 = 37 x 18

Last edited:

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
3 is a good approximation of Pi.

That's what we have here. 10 cubit diameter circle. Circumference is approximately 30 cubits. That's all.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
I'm not participating in this thread anymore. You can pretend it's because you have 'won' some imaginary creme puff war ((congrats!)) but the reality is that you've shown yourself deaf and altogether unprofitable to read or to write to.

Send me a PM if you ever get around to doing any actual math :)

Nov 24, 2017
3 is a good approximation of Pi.

That's what we have here. 10 cubit diameter circle. Circumference is approximately 30 cubits. That's all.
I don't disagree but it is not good enough for "mathematicians" as you very well know. I know you get it as far as the 111/106 ratio is concerned but I am curious as to why you are so contrary. It is simple, elegant and occurs more than once. We could debate on who put it there (God, translators, Sir Francis Bacon) but the fact remains it is theres just as it is in Isaiah 40:22.

Nov 24, 2017
I'm not participating in this thread anymore. You can pretend it's because you have 'won' some imaginary creme puff war ((congrats!)) but the reality is that you've shown yourself deaf and altogether unprofitable to read or to write to.

Send me a PM if you ever get around to doing any actual math :)
I don't view this as some war. This is an earnest search for truth and my only goal is to show that the King James Bible is a very special book and that the word of God has been preserved for us in the English. It is something that we can rejoice about because we are living in the last days. :)

Nov 24, 2017
Why don't you apply exactly the same thing to 'ten cubits'?

Why don't you use the instance of the word 'cubits' that's actually in the phrase 'thirty cubits'? Instead of going and grabbing the one from 'ten cubits'?

Oh, because then you wouldn't get 22 and 7?

So this is more evidence that you're not respecting the text so much as you are manipulating it in order to find what you want to find. You're not following any consistent rules of what to do, you're making them up as you go along to make sure you come up with whatever answer you want.

Does that not occur to you at all?
Is not the phrase "ten in a cubit" a direct reference to the "thirty cubits"? It is how we know there are 300 knops in the "sea." Don't forget that the 3rd 37 (37 x 3 = 111) is at the 300th position in Pi. Give a better explanation for why 300 knops! Furthermore it was you who corrected my original post in the 37 thread that 15 was the second occurrence and not the first in PI. This was based on the phrase "ten cubits" being found 15 times in the KJB and the 2nd occurrence of 15 (15 + 15 = 30 the circumference of the "sea") in Pi is at the 314th position. It is the amount of evidence that makes the pattern stand out so clearly. Don't forget about Isaiah 40:22 also.

Nov 24, 2017
I would think it is how we hear God. How do we reason? By words or numbers?

You say perfect order. I would ask, a perfect order of what?... a circle? What does the circle represent ...3.14?

I would think our goal would be to rightly divide the word used as a number and not the number. The word numbers already have a meaning attached to the word, we are rightly divide words not number values.

I am not against circular (3.14) reasoning or comparing scripture to scripture, but looking for ratios as a secret codes and not parables as the way of revealing a spiritual matter to one and hiding it from another. Where do you find a prescription in the scriptures for that kind of reasoning (ratios as a secret codes) ?

Again I think the hidden manna (manna ,What is it?) is found in parables that have meaning applied to the number words, not the decimal equivalent, all the words .Like let us hear what the Spirit is saying . Not the mathematician.

Revelation 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.
"It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2

Bladerunner

Aug 22, 2016
[FONT=&]“And he made a molten sea, ten cubits from the one brim to the other: it was round all about, and his height was five cubits: and a line of thirty cubits did compass it round about. And under the brim of it round about there were knops compassing it, ten in a cubit, compassing the sea round about: the knops were cast in two rows, when it was cast.” (1 Kings 7:23-24) King James Bible[/FONT]
[FONT=&]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]Verse 23[/FONT]
[FONT=&]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]“molten” 15th occurrence in the KJB and the second (15 + 15) occurrence of 15 in Pi is at position 314.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]“sea” 111th (37x3) occurrence in the KJB of this word [/FONT]
[FONT=&]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]“ten” 111th (37x3) occurrence and 106th verses in the KJB containing this word (111/106) The 12th (37 is the 12th prime) occurrence of 3 in Pi is at position 111 and the 1st occurrence of 106 in Pi is at position 1011 (337 x 3).[/FONT]
[FONT=&]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]“ten cubits” occurs 15 times in the KJB and the second occurrence of 15 in Pi is at position 314.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]“the other” 111th (37x3) verse in the Bible containing this phrase.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]“round” found 320 times in the KJB and position 320 in Pi contains the 22nd occurrence of 7 in Pi. (22/7 = 3.142..) The word “round” is found in 296 (37x8) verses of the Bible and exactly 37 times in the New Testament. It is found in 259 (37x7) verses of the Old Testament in 157 (157 is 37th prime) chapters and 157 x 2 = 314. Furthermore, position 320 in Pi counting from the decimal point is the 3rd occurrence of the number 74 (37 x 2) in Pi.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]“thirty cubits” 7th occurrence of this phrase in the Bible.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]“cubit*” 111th (37x3) (in phrase “thirty cubits”) occurrence in the KJB.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]verse 24[/FONT]
[FONT=&]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]“round” 111th (37x3) occurrence (1st) in the KJB.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]“round about” 106th (1st) occurrence of this phrase in the Bible. (111/106)[/FONT]
[FONT=&]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]“round about” this phrase is found in 285 verses of the Bible and the 1st occurrence of 360 (degrees in a circle) in Pi is at position 285. The 5th occurrence of 285 in Pi its at position 3141 counting from the decimal point.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]“ten” 112th (7x16) occurrence of this word in the Bible.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]“knop*” 12th (37 is the 12th prime) verse in the Bible containing the words “knop” or “knops” and 30 x 10 = 300 (the number of knops around the circumference of the “sea”). The 3rd occurrence of 37 in Pi (37x3 = 111) occurs at position 300 counting from the decimal point.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]“cubit” 22nd occurrence and the 15th verse containing this word in the Bible. (the “ten in a cubit” is referring to the “thirty cubits of verse 23 thus the number 7 and 22 are connected 22/7 = 3.142…). The 2nd occurrence of the number 15 in Pi is at position 314.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]“the sea” 74th (37x2) occurrence of this phrase in the Bible.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]“round” 112 (7x16) occurrence (2nd) of this word in the Bible.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]“cast” 73rd occurrence (1st) in the Bible.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]“two” 411th (137 x 3) occurrence in the Bible and the 337th verse containing this word.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]“cast” 74th (37x2) occurrence in the Bible.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]The ratio (111/106) shows up in the “ten” of verse 23 which is referring to the diameter of the “sea” and again in verse 24 in the phrase “round about” which is referring to the “knops” around the circumference of the "sea."[/FONT]
[FONT=&]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]3 x 111/106 = 3.1415…[/FONT]
[FONT=&]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]Therefore:[/FONT]
[FONT=&]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]The circumference (30) times the ratio (111/6) divided by the diameter (10) yields the first 5 digits of Pi which are 3.1415.[/FONT]
[FONT=&]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]All word, phrase and verse counts were done using the ‘The King James Pure Bible Search Software.’ Download for free!!!![/FONT]
[FONT=&]King James Pure Bible Search
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]All counts in Pi were done using the Irrational Numbers Search Engine:[/FONT]
[FONT=&]Irrational Numbers Search Engine
[/FONT]

[FONT=&]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]Check out the following links for more information on the the numbers presented above.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQM-eMKnY2E&t=37s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7uU3nJ5aAU
https://www.thelivingword.org.au
AmazingWord - Messages often overlooked in the Bible (KJV, NIV, NASB...): God's Number 37 - theme tells of perfection/sanctification/being saved...
Gematria
https://sites.google.com/site/mathematicalmonotheism/the-proof-part-1https://sites.google.com/site/mathematicalmonotheism/the-proof-part-1
[/FONT]
[FONT=&]
[/FONT]
I think if you read long enough there are several more math delights awaiting to be found.

Mar 28, 2016
"It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter." Proverbs 25:2

Yes it is .That privilege is given to Christians a kingdom of priest .We compare the spiritual understanding of a word found in a parable to the spiritual.