The Prestige of the Saints and Mary? What's up with Catholicism?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 5, 2012
SO GLAD you asked that question; Here is how the proverbial frog got boiled, or in this
case, how the great harlot got to sitting on God's throne and worshipped.

Year 300 AD - Prayers for the dead
300 - Sign of the cross
320 - Candles used in worship (a carry over from incense buring and spirit chasing by pagans)
375 - Worship of siants and angels
394 - Institution of Mass
431 - Worship of Mary began
500 - Priest began to dress differently than Laity
526 - Extreme Unction
593 - Pergatory introduced
600 - Prayers directed to Mary
600 - Worship services in latin only
607 - First Pope appointed
709 - Kissing the Pope's foot
786 - Worship of the cross, images, and relics
850 - Holy Water invented
995 - Fasting on Fridays and during Lent
1097 - Celibacy of the Priesthood
1090 - Rosary, prayer beads
1184 - The Inquisition
1190 - Sale of indulgences
1215 - Transubstantiation
1220 - Adoration of the wafer
1229 - Bible forbidden to laymen
1229 - Confession to priests
1414 - Communion cup forbidden to the people
1439 - Doctrine of pergatory decreed
1439 - Doctrine of seven sacraments affired - Baptism, confirmation, eucharist, penance,
ordination (or holy orders), matrimony, extreme unction
1508 - Ave maria approved
1534 - Jesuit order founded by Ignatius Loyola
1545 - Tradition given equal authority with scriptures
1546 - Apocrypha placed in the Douay version (Catholic Bible)
1854 - Immaculate conception of Mary
1864 - Syllabus of errors (A list by Pius IX condemning 80 Protestant doctrines
which he called "the principle errors of our times.")
1870 - Infallibility of the Pope declared
1950 - Assumption of the "virgin Mary" decreed
1965 - Mary proclaimed "Mother of the church."

And if I may add two here:
2005 - Catholic church no longer swears by the truth of the Bible
2013 - Mary sits on the Mercy Seat, God's throne

One degree at a time and the proverbial frog boils without even noticing
the water getting hot. And RC's claim they are the "True Church?"
I see nothing that says they are even part of Jesus' church any more.
Lip service means nothing to God.
You forgot to link your source which falls under "Bible Studies" ---> Rome's Heretical Inventions | Christian Assemblies International

T

Trax

Hmmm! I seem to recall a slightly different story of how the bible came to be!!!
I wasn't talking about the Bible, but the "queen of heaven." I posted 4 messeges on the RC's great
harlot, nicknamed Mary, and you think I'm talking about the Bible the whole time?? I showed
how the frog got boiled and after 4 messeges, you missed it?

Dec 5, 2012
You attacked too many things at the same time. I can only answer one at a time. If you only see the dirty rags a person has you forget to see the true beauty they can have. You explicitly said that if catholics read the bible that would see the heresies, I focused on that one for the moment. That you do not believe in catholicism is fine, but to bear false witness is another thing of it's own.

Maybe the way you presented it. I would gladly discuss things with you, you do not have to believe them. But stop falsifying the church that trough death and persecution put together the bible you read.

T

Trax

Be careful of FALSE WITNESS!!!!

You seemed to forgot to post what was the image you posted all about!!!

Then God's Temple in Heaven was opened, and the Ark of His Covenant was seen within His Temple; and there were flashes of lightning, voices, peals of thunder, an earthquake, and heavy hail. And a great portent appeared in heaven, a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars; she was with Child and she cried out in her pangs of birth, in anguish for delivery.
Google it I said. I even told the name of the pagan temple, for you to google. Google is a
search engine. You can find it with ease, but here's the link:
Our Lady of the Sign-Ark of Mercy | Our Lady of the Sign | The Sanctuary of the Divine Mercy

Read the Bible. The harlot is sitting on the mercy seat and you try to justify it.

2Sa 6:2 And David arose, and went with all the people that were with him from Baale of Judah, to bring up from thence the ark of God, whose name is called by the name of the LORD of hosts that dwelleth between the cherubims.

Whose image is seated between the Cherubims? Its the great harlot dressed in her sins.
God dwells between the cherubims, but who is there "between the cherubims?" Its the
Roman Catholic goddess Mary. The goddess is dwelling between the cherubims. That is
God's place alone. You can't justify this. They made her God. This is what it means.
All pretense is gone now. They made it official, by putting the idol of the great harlot
between the cherubims and it says, "THIS IS OUR GOD."

Dec 5, 2012
Do you know what a monstrance is? It is where catholics place the Eucharist which we truly believe is the body of christ. you see that "hole" in her chest, that is where the second person in the trinity is placed, the Son of God, our Lord Jesus Christ. you do not seem to understand that it all points to Jesus.

To be clear this picture you have posted will HOLD JESUS CHRIST BODY in the blessed virgin Mary's chest. This does not make Him small, remember it is bread turned to the body of Jesus.

T

Trax

Do you know what a monstrance is? It is where catholics place the Eucharist which we truly believe is the body of christ. you see that "hole" in her chest, that is where the second person in the trinity is placed, the Son of God, our Lord Jesus Christ. you do not seem to understand that it all points to Jesus.

To be clear this picture you have posted will HOLD JESUS CHRIST BODY in the blessed virgin Mary's chest. This does not make Him small, remember it is bread turned to the body of Jesus.
Here's what is going on. There is coming an anti-christ, who will go into the Most Holy Place and
set up an image, an abomination that make desolate. The Most Holy Place is where the Ark, with
the Mercy Seat (God's throne) was kept. When the rebuilt temple is made, the Anti-christ is going
to go into the Most Holy Place and set up an image and call himself god.

Dan 11:31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall
take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

Mat 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

Now look at the image again

You got a display of an image in the Most Holy Place, where it should not be. This is something
the anti-christ is going to do in real life. The Roman Catholic church can't set up a graven image
in the Most Holy Place, because the Jews haven't built the temple yet, but they can do this,
which is the next best thing. The picture above is an abomination. Its a foreshadow of what
the anti-christ will do.

To make images is an abomination from the very start. To make a display for worship, of an image
in the Most Holy Place is like a double abomination. But you.....you are going to try and justify
it all and tell why its Godly. And you,.....you want to say I'm giving a false witness.
But there it is, a display of an abomination that make desolate and RC's think its holy and right.
For me, I wouldn't try to defend this. I would get out.

Dec 5, 2012
To claim catholics do what you say is not to understand what has been written, you focus only in one passage ,but there are others that say otherwise. Does the bible contradict it self, No. The bible is very clear on this subject.
[quick note: there are people who do worship and they are utterly wrong, they need to be corrected and/or excommunicated from the church]

God said to make them
Exodus 25:17-22
1 Chronicles 28:18-19
Ezekiel 41:17–18

God said how to used them [look at them]
Num. 21:8–9

When people adore statues God does not like it
2 Kgs. 18:4

What about bowing, is all bowing worship.
In the orient people bow to each other and do not worship
People kneel to Kings and not worship
Clearly we can physically do this but not worship at all.

Do not focus so much on what you can't do, put your energy and love towards what we can do, and what it is pleasing to God.

T

Tintin

Trax, you made an image when you photographed your cat. The image isn't the issue, it's whether or not it causes you to worship such a thing.
Also, I think there's much more danger to Christian from the Islamic side of the tracks than anything from the Catholic Church. You do realise how fast their religion is growing all over the world, don't you? And how much extreme persecution they mete out to Christians the world over?

T

Trax

Trax, you made an image when you photographed your cat. The image isn't the issue, it's whether or not it causes you to worship such a thing.
Also, I think there's much more danger to Christian from the Islamic side of the tracks than anything from the Catholic Church. You do realise how fast their religion is growing all over the world, don't you? And how much extreme persecution they mete out to Christians the world over?
No, I didn't "create" an image, from my concept of what a cat should look like. I don't pray to that
picture.

Tintin, are you for or against an image, that doesn't represent God in anyway shape or form, sitting
on the Mercy Seat, which is God's throne, that is in the Most Holy place? This is what the anti-christ
is going to do. Are you for it or against it? This isn't a trivial matter. Its one step removed
from what the anti-christ is going to do. To have a statue is one thing, that is just run of the mill
paganism. To set it up on the Mercy Seat, between the Cherubims, where God dwells is
an abomination. This is operating in the spirit of the anti-christ.

D

Donkeyfish07

If Roman Catholics would just read the Bible, they would see the corruption and sins in their
organization. But it seems, they don't believe the Bible to be accurate. Mary's word and the Pope's
word, that's accurate. (Copied and pasted several key items):

The hierarchy of the Roman Catholic Church has published a teaching document instructing
the faithful that some parts of the Bible are not actually true.

The Catholic bishops of England, Wales and Scotland are warning their five million worshippers,
as well as any others drawn to the study of scripture, that they should not expect “total accuracy”
from the Bible.

They say the Church must offer the gospel in ways “appropriate to changing times,
intelligible and attractive to our contemporaries”.

To read it all, here's the link:
Catholic Church no longer swears by truth of the Bible

I have shown the "queen of heaven" sitting on God's throne, corrupting it and by their very own
words, verify what I said. Are they Christian? Not hardly. Pagans, yes. But they are playing
a dangerous game with God. He will NOT share His throne and glory. Still want to pray to this
harlot?

Next, how the proverbial frog got boiled, or how the great harlot ascended to the throne of God.
It's important to keep in mind Trax that your average Catholic has no idea how utterly steeped in paganism their system is. Saying someone is not a Christian just because they happened to be brought up Catholic and don't know any better isn't a very good way to look at it in my opinion. That organization only thrives because the people that do know are sitting on top of all the people that don't know...which is the majority of them

K

kenisyes

Hmmm! I seem to recall a slightly different story of how the bible came to be!!!

Pentecost (30/33AD)
The beginning of the Church; the Church exists before a determination of a canon or a definitive list of books of what was later
called the Bible. The NT was not even written yet. The Bible is the book of the Church, we are not a church of the Bible.

Melito, Bishop of Sardis (c. 170)
Produced the first known Christian attempt at an Old Testament canon. His list maintains the Septuagint order of books but
contains only the Old Testament protocanonicals minus the Book of Esther.

Council of Laodicea (c. 360)
A local council of the church in union with Rome produced a list of books of the Bible similar to the Council of Trent's canon.
This was one of the Church's earliest decisions on a canon.

Council of Rome (382)
Local church council under the authority of Pope Damasus, (366-384) gave a complete list of canonical books of the OT and
NT which is identical with the list later approved by the Council of Trent.

Council of Hippo (393)
Local North African Church council in union with and under the authority of the Bishop of Rome approved a list of OT and NT
canon (same books were later re-stated by the Council of Trent)

Council of Carthage (397)
Local North African Church council in union with and under the authority of the Bishop of Rome approved a list of OT and NT
canon (same books were later re-stated by the Council of Trent)

Pope Innocent I, Bishop of Rome, 401-417 (405)
Responded to a request by Exuperius, Bishop of Toulouse, with a list of canonical books of Scripture; this list was the same as
later approved by the Council of Trent.

Council of Carthage (419)
canon (same as later approved by the Council of Trent)

Council of Florence, an ecumenical council (1441)
Complete list of OT and NT canon was drawn up; this list later adopted by the Fathers of the Council of Trent
Council of Trent, an ecumenical council called to respond to the heresy of the Reformers (1545-1563)
The canon of OT and NT received final definitions: 46 books in the OT; 27 in the NT; "Henceforth the books of the OT and
the NT, protocanonical and deuterocanonical alike, in their entirety and with all their parts, comprise the canon and are held to
be of equal authority." The ancient Vulgate edition of the Bible was called the authoritative edition of the Bible.

Link --->Major Church Pronouncements on the Bible
Acts 7:38 demonstrates that the church existed at Sinai with the Jews. When Jesus says "I will build my church", he used the word for expansion, not for new construction. Here is the Catholic Church's proof that they are the same church click>The book of the popes (Liber pontificalis) I- - Google Books
Even if you accept that Peter had such a right, everything hinges on the idea that Peter appointed a Roman (who probably did not speak Hebrew) to head the entire church, as opposed to only the Roman church 8 years before Jerusalem fell, when there was still a large Jewish Christian Church. This is the same Peter who needed a special vision just to talk to Cornelius.