The question no flat-earther can answer

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Chester

May 23, 2016
If the Earth is flat and the North Pole is the center of a circular flat Earth, then . . . distances in the southern Hemisphere are much greater between lines of latitude than distances between the same lines of latitude north of the equator.

This means that the sun (according to the flat Earth theory) must travel a greater distance each day in the southern summer than it must in the northern summer. Thus the sun must travel faster in the southern summer.

But if the sun travels faster, then the length of summer daylight for locations in the southern hemisphere will be shorter than for comparable locations north of the equator. The problem is that this is not what the objective evidence shows. Locations equally north and south of the equator will be found to have almost exactly the same length of summertime daylength.

So, to solve this problem, some flat-earth people will say that in the southern summer the sun rises higher in the sky: thus is gives light to a wider area, lengthening the time of daylight. Problem solved? No, now there is another problem. If this were so, then then that increased area of daylight would also affect the time of sunlight at the equator. Thus one would expect that in the southern summer the time of daylight would also increase at the equator. But does it? Absolutely not! The objective evidence at any spot on the equator at any time of the year is exactly 12 hours of daylight year round.

Flat-earthers - Can you resolve the dilemma?

7seasrekeyed

not gonna fly

too much thinking involved ;)

objectivity is not the object here

Leastamongmany

Jun 2, 2019
Usa
Lol! Who having a right mind COULD EVER BELIEVE the earth is....flat?😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 🙏🙏🙏

Chester

May 23, 2016
If the Earth is flat and the North Pole is the center of a circular flat Earth, then . . . distances in the southern Hemisphere are much greater between lines of latitude than distances between the same lines of latitude north of the equator.

This means that the sun (according to the flat Earth theory) must travel a greater distance each day in the southern summer than it must in the northern summer. Thus the sun must travel faster in the southern summer.

But if the sun travels faster, then the length of summer daylight for locations in the southern hemisphere will be shorter than for comparable locations north of the equator. The problem is that this is not what the objective evidence shows. Locations equally north and south of the equator will be found to have almost exactly the same length of summertime daylength.

So, to solve this problem, some flat-earth people will say that in the southern summer the sun rises higher in the sky: thus is gives light to a wider area, lengthening the time of daylight. Problem solved? No, now there is another problem. If this were so, then then that increased area of daylight would also affect the time of sunlight at the equator. Thus one would expect that in the southern summer the time of daylight would also increase at the equator. But does it? Absolutely not! The objective evidence at any spot on the equator at any time of the year is exactly 12 hours of daylight year round.

Flat-earthers - Can you resolve the dilemma?
Waiting for a flat-earther to answr??????????? Are there none out there?

gb9

Jan 18, 2011
Lol! Who having a right mind COULD EVER BELIEVE the earth is....flat?😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 🙏🙏🙏
the same " right minded people " who think the moon landing was fake, and that there is a secret zionest cabal that runs all the terrorism and controls all the money in the world.

Chester

May 23, 2016
maybe they all fell off the edge of the world

You know, I think you are right about flat-earthers not wanting to think. It seems that they have found something "new" that either "proves" they are brighter than the rest of us, or that they are of an elite spiritual group -- hence why think deeply? - it might cause them heartaches!

7seasrekeyed

You know, I think you are right about flat-earthers not wanting to think. It seems that they have found something "new" that either "proves" they are brighter than the rest of us, or that they are of an elite spiritual group -- hence why think deeply? - it might cause them heartaches!
haha

sounds like half the op's in the BDF

minds like cement. all mixed up and set. :whistle:

defending the indefensible

S

Susanna

It’s strange, you don’t get to come anywhere near a cockpit if you think that the earth is flat. Yet they keep flooding their propaganda.

I guess some of the flat earthers are just internet trolls😁.

kaijo

Jul 31, 2017
Waiting for a flat-earther to answr??????????? Are there none out there?
There are 2 distinct divisions in the FE community.

1) Those who believe the North Pole is in the center, and
2) Those who believe the literal interpretation of the bible and the book of Enoch which states that the world has 4 sides with each side correlating to NESW.

As for those who believe that North is in the center, this is due to the fact that they do not understand what an Azimuthal Equidistant projection is and why it is designed that particular way. Hence their misinterpretation. They just jumped on the FE band wagon one day and began to echo what everyone else was saying with out doing any further research into the matter.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
There are 2 distinct divisions in the FE community.

1) Those who believe the North Pole is in the center, and
2) Those who believe the literal interpretation of the bible and the book of Enoch which states that the world has 4 sides with each side correlating to NESW.

As for those who believe that North is in the center, this is due to the fact that they do not understand what an Azimuthal Equidistant projection is and why it is designed that particular way. Hence their misinterpretation. They just jumped on the FE band wagon one day and began to echo what everyone else was saying with out doing any further research into the matter.

This is for people who believe that God, who created language, and who created along with language all the necessary grammatical rules without which it cannot operate... suddenly became too stupid to have a working grasp of non-propositional expressions such as indexicals.

God isn't stupid.

It is good for people to BELIEVE the Bible.
But they also need to put some TIME, and SERIOUS EFFORT, into UNDERSTANDING the Bible.

Chester

May 23, 2016
Well, no flat earther has even attempted an answer at the question . . . ?? !!

Either (1) They know the Earth is round and are only pretending
or (2) They do not want to, or do not know how to, answer objective questions
or (3) I am wrong, and the world is actually flat! :eek:

But wait, I have the evidence - the final definitive evidence - that the world must be round and that the Earth is spinning . . . !
The evidence? Next post please . . . :cool:

Chester

May 23, 2016
The final definitive evidence that the Earth is a globe and is spinning . . .

Well, my head is spinning - and I have heard many other people say the say thing - you have probably said it too!
In fact - I bet when most flat-earthers read my question in post # 1 it made their head spin . . .

There you have it - your head spins because the Earth is spinning - it wouldn't happen on a flat Earth!

LOL! :censored: :LOL: :eek: :unsure:

Chester

May 23, 2016
So in case you do not get the satirical irony of post #17 - here is my explanation:

Flat-earthers will often say something like: I don't feel the Earth traveling through space at thousands of miles per hour - or - I do not feel the Earth spinning - or When I look at the Earth, it looks flat!

So I just turned their own approach and words back on them in a satirical way! ;)

Jun 10, 2019
Or why doesn’t the north or south poles never get any 80, 90, 100 degree weather and the equator stays in the 80’s, 90’s, 100’s all year long.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Or why doesn’t the north or south poles never get any 80, 90, 100 degree weather and the equator stays in the 80’s, 90’s, 100’s all year long.
The North-Pole-centric model (like a Gnomonic map projection) explains why the South Pole doesn't get warm, but it certainly doesn't explain why the North doesn't.