the Sabbath

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Its what the Pharisees thought too. That Jesus sinned i.e. worked and broke the
Sabbath. Jesus in His own Words said He didn't. John 15:10 John 8:46-47
It's what liars do: falsely accuse. And break the law. Nobody has said Jesus sinned.
And in fact, you have been told this before, but love your idol more than the truth.

rrcn

Oct 15, 2023
It's what liars do: falsely accuse. And break the law. Nobody has said Jesus sinned.
And in fact, you have been told this before, but love your idol more than the truth.
This comes up in the debate, there was a point that was overlooked. It was rather an underdeveloped viewpoint that was explored further in Christian manner.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
This comes up in the debate, there was a point that was overlooked. It was rather
an underdeveloped viewpoint that was explored further in Christian manner.
Repeatedly falsely accusing others of believing Jesus sinned is hardly Christian.

rrcn

Oct 15, 2023
That must have been posted earlier in the thread, I’ve been away a few days.

dlj57

Jan 11, 2024
Oy, make it up as you go along, eh? Yeah, Jesus condoned work on the
Sabbath no matter what terms you decide to make up to account for it.
Jesus only did good works on the Sabbath. there is not one verse where Jesus labored on Sabbath or entered a synagogue on a Sunday to preach. There is no issue, God blessed, sanctified and hallowed only one day and that day is the 7th day Sabbath.

dlj57

Jan 11, 2024
Go To BibleTools.org and look up the Sabbath

dlj57

Jan 11, 2024
lol

Same nonsense

If we love him, do what he says Amen.

Thats different than saying if we love him, Fulfill the law.

Q: Why are the Commandments repeated throught the NT and the Sabbath mentioned and observed 60 times in the NT?

dlj57

Jan 11, 2024
It seems your comprehension suffers, since I specifically said, worship every day. You will need
to answer to God about all your erroneous assumptions and false accusations. Will you?
By the way, I am semi-retired and grateful not to work five days a week any more.
Three is wonderful. And I never did work six days a week, except when I was
a waitress, before I pursued my dream job and God granted it to me.

That was forty-eight years ago. Do you work six a days a week?

Q: Where did Sunday worship come from?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Jesus only did good works on the Sabbath. there is not one verse where Jesus labored on Sabbath or entered a synagogue on a Sunday to preach. There is no issue, God blessed, sanctified and hallowed only one day and that day is the 7th day Sabbath.
Yes; Jesus worked on the Sabbath.
Q: Where did Sunday worship come from?
Do you work six days a week?

dlj57

Jan 11, 2024

Jesus did good works on the Sabbath; he did not labor just as he never went into a synagogue to preach the gospel on Sunday.

dlj57

Jan 11, 2024
Do you keep the law as required (perfection)
No one can, even our best are as filthy rags before the lord. Our sins are forgiven by grace, but that by no means abolishes the Sabbath which is mentioned and observed 60 times in the NT along with the other 9 Commandments.

dlj57

Jan 11, 2024
Q: Show me scripture, where Jesus broke the sabbath that was not connected to good works and labored?

Everlasting-Grace

Dec 18, 2021
No one can, even our best are as filthy rags before the lord. Our sins are forgiven by grace, but that by no means abolishes the Sabbath which is mentioned and observed 60 times in the NT along with the other 9 Commandments.
Then you do not keep the law

dlj57

Jan 11, 2024
Its what the Pharisees thought too. That Jesus sinned i.e. worked and broke the Sabbath. Jesus in His own Words said He didn't. John 15:10 John 8:46-47
They accused him of sinning in breaking the Sabbath, being accused does not make one guilty. Who would know the Laws better than Christ himself. So, when Christ refuted their claims...well, whom would you stand with?
Q: where did Sunday worship come from?

dlj57

Jan 11, 2024
Then you do not keep the law
I obey the Sabbath and follow the Ten Commandments the best I can, I say my prayer, I ask forgiveness for my sins and I believe by grace that in keeping Gods Commandments I am forgiven.
Q: Where did Sunday and Sunday Worship come from?