The Tares

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 23, 2009
I think the Church has forgotten that the tares are growing with us inside of the church. Many think we are just to accept everyone's confession of faith as if they are genuine. The fact is most of those inside of our churches who proclaim Christ are tares and not wheat and will be burned in the end with the unbelievers.

24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
43 Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

I say to the tares within the church, repent now for judgment is coming.

D

Definition_Christ

Yeah..

"My mother and My brothers are these who hear the word of God AND DO IT"
Luke 8:21...

Jan 8, 2009
The fact is most of those inside of our churches who proclaim Christ are tares and not wheat and will be burned in the end with the unbelievers.
I always thought that in a wheat field, you have more wheat than tares, so I think the wheat is in the majority. Otherwise the parable would be about wheat growing up in a tare field.

Apr 23, 2009
I always thought that in a wheat field, you have more wheat than tares, so I think the wheat is in the majority. Otherwise the parable would be about wheat growing up in a tare field.
The tares over took the wheat field.

Matthew 7
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Jul 6, 2009
Before you get too comfortable on your high horse, Watchmen, notice that it's not our job to separate the tares from the wheat, but that of the Reapers.

Apr 23, 2009
Before you get too comfortable on your high horse, Watchmen, notice that it's not our job to separate the tares from the wheat, but that of the Reapers.
But it is our job to preach truth to all who are lost, whether they know they are lost or not.

Jan 8, 2009
I say to the tares within the church, repent now for judgment is coming.
I didnt think it was possible for tares to repent because they are the product of satan's seed?

N

NoahsMom

Mat 13:38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;....I do thinkest your correct-o mohogony....

Jan 8, 2009
Mat 13:25Butwhilemenslept,hisenemycameandsowedtaresamongthewheat,andwent his way.
No I think the tares cannot or will not repent. They are sown by the enemy, they are gathered and burnt. There's no tares repenting in scripture. Tares cannot change into wheat. The only fitting end for tares is to be burnt.

Apr 23, 2009
Mat 13:25Butwhilemenslept,hisenemycameandsowedtaresamongthewheat,andwent his way.
No I think the tares cannot or will not repent. They are sown by the enemy, they are gathered and burnt. There's no tares repenting in scripture. Tares cannot change into wheat. The only fitting end for tares is to be burnt.
You may be right about the tares not changing, but they certainly could Christ died for all. So what about the person who grew up in church, was baptized at 12 thought they were saved, but were not, and then realized their need for repentance at 40, repented and started truly serving Christ. Are you saying from 12-40 they were not a tare in the midst of the wheat?

D

Definition_Christ

John 8
31 Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed.
32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”
33 They answered Him, “We are Abraham’s descendants, and have never been in bondage to anyone. How can You say, ‘You will be made free’?”
34 Jesus answered them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin.
35 And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever.
36 Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed."

Tares cannot change into wheat.
Really?

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

Jan 8, 2009
You may be right about the tares not changing, but they certainly could Christ died for all. So what about the person who grew up in church, was baptized at 12 thought they were saved, but were not, and then realized their need for repentance at 40, repented and started truly serving Christ. Are you saying from 12-40 they were not a tare in the midst of the
Tares are not wheat that is weak or sunburnt or doesn't grow or flourish until later. Tares are children of the wicked one:

Mat 13:38Thefieldistheworld;thegoodseedarethechildrenofthekingdom;butthetaresarethechildrenofthewickedone;

Tares are the product of the seed of the enemy and involve wilfull intent to harm the church (undoubtedly with deliberate false doctrines). The only fitting end for tares is to be burned. If a tare becomes a wheat then it wasn't really a tare in the first place. There's no hope for tares. I think there's three types - tares (satan's agents) , wheat (God's agents), and innocents (civilians, or bare empty soil if you like which are those yet to be converted to either side.) The scripture given by Defn-Christ which is 2 Corinthians 5:17 is not about tares becoming wheat but about innocents becoming children of God. There will always be enemy agents within God's church and these never change sides because they are too far gone.

Judas Iscariot is one prime example of a tare. As compared to Peter, who despite Peter denying Christ three times, was still wheat. There was no hope for Judas, he would not and could not have ever became a wheat like the other disciples, although he appeared to be and was treated as such for a time.

Can you give any scripture that shows a tare converting to a wheat before being gathered and burnt?

Last edited:
D

Definition_Christ

Tares are not wheat that is weak or sunburnt or doesn't grow or flourish until later. Tares are children of the wicked one:

Mat 13:38Thefieldistheworld;thegoodseedarethechildrenofthekingdom;butthetaresarethechildrenofthewickedone;

Tares are the product of the seed of the enemy and involve wilfull intent to harm the church (undoubtedly with deliberate false doctrines). The only fitting end for tares is to be burned. If a tare becomes a wheat then it wasn't really a tare in the first place. There's no hope for tares. I think there's three types - tares (satan's agents) , wheat (God's agents), and innocents (civilians, or bare empty soil if you like which are those yet to be converted to either side.) The scripture given by Defn-Christ which is 2 Corinthians 5:17 is not about tares becoming wheat but about innocents becoming children of God. There will always be enemy agents within God's church and these never change sides because they are too far gone.

Judas Iscariot is one prime example of a tare. As compared to Peter, who despite Peter denying Christ three times, was still wheat. There was no hope for Judas, he would not and could not have ever became a wheat like the other disciples, although he appeared to be and was treated as such for a time.

Can you give any scripture that shows a tare converting to a wheat before being gathered and burnt?
Uhh yeah you mean like Paul who used to murder Christians? That kind of person being transformed by Christ? I think it's somewhere in Acts :p

Jan 8, 2009
You're still not really understanding what tares really are, nor do you understand Paul's situation. Tares are enemy agents on satans side and not innocents.
Even though Paul did bad things he did it out of ignorance (he really thought he was doing God's will) and not because he was a servant of satan as Paul himself said:

1Ti 1:13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

And God has compassion on the ignorant (Hebrew 5:2).

Tares are children of the devil and are not ignorant in unbelief, they are deliberate and willful and chose to give their life to satan (one way or another).

So Paul isn't really a good example of a child of the devil, growing up to a full grown devil adult and converting. I know many Christians use Paul as an example of the greatest sinner that ever lived convert success story, but that isn't really the case, Paul was a devout Jew, committed to God and zealous for God.

Last edited:
D

Definition_Christ

You're still not really understanding what tares really are, nor do you understand Paul's situation. Tares are enemy agents on satans side and not innocents.
I understand that even though Paul wasn't aware. He was working for Satan. Or being Satan's agent as you say. I don't think you can really argue with that.. Unless you would agree murdering Christians is God's will.. Anyway.. God has compassion on everyone not just those who are ignorant. God is LOVE. God has unconditional love for everybody.. His compassion isn't only for those who are ignorant it is for sinners. Who is free from sinning? No one right? So His compassion goes out to all the people who have sinned. Which is everybody.

Jan 8, 2009
Let's have a look at how Paul treated a child of the devil:

Act 13:8 But Elymas the conjurer (for so his name is, if translated) withstood them, seeking to turn the proconsul away from the faith.
Act 13:9 Then Saul (who is also Paul), filled with the Holy Spirit, set his eyes on him
Act 13:10 and said, O son of the Devil, full of all deceit and all craftiness, enemy of all righteousness, will you not stop perverting the right ways of the Lord?

Now the proconsul believed after this, but Elymas didn't. Elymas was blinded because there was no hope for him, he was deliberate and intent on preventing the proconsul to be saved. Just like Elymas, tares are full of all deceit and craftiness and enemies of all righteousness as it says. All things are possible with God and they could convert I suppose, but the nature of a tare is something which is rotten to the core and will not or cannot convert. You can't turn a tare into a wheat because the tare is a grown seed and it's the wrong type of seed. Likewise, a wheat cannot turn into a tare.

Jesus encountered two types of Jews. Ones who were children of the Father, and those who were children of the devil (see John 8). Some Jews believed because they belonged to the Father. Others didn't because they belonged to the devil. So yes tares and wheat existed in the synagogues in Jesus's day as well.

D

Definition_Christ

The whole purpose of Jesus coming was to save that which was lost. He didn't come to save those who were already saved. I don't see your point here. Are you trying to say that people can't change? What is the point of 2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.

Is that just there because it looks cool? Or does it really have meaning behind it?

Jan 8, 2009
I understand that even though Paul wasn't aware. He was working for Satan. Or being Satan's agent as you say. I don't think you can really argue with that.. Unless you would agree murdering Christians is God's will.. Anyway.. God has compassion on everyone not just those who are ignorant. God is LOVE. God has unconditional love for everybody.. His compassion isn't only for those who are ignorant it is for sinners. Who is free from sinning? No one right? So His compassion goes out to all the people who have sinned. Which is everybody.
Yes but there is a difference between working for or being used by satan, and belonging to satan. Jesus even at one time turned to Peter and said "get behind me satan". But that doesn't mean that Peter was a tare or a child of the devil. At times even a child of the devil can do God's work and a child of God can do the devil's work. But what makes them a tare or a wheat is who they really are. What seed was planted and what did that grow up to be. There's different types of soil, there's different types of seed, and there's a harvest. This is not about who sins and who doesn't, it's about who belongs to the devil and who belongs to God i.e. what is it in that person that causes them to sin.

Status
Not open for further replies.