The tooth fairy

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
For those parents on here I have a question, do you give your children money when they lose a tooth and say its from the tooth fairy?

What do they spend the money on?

And also do you give your children lollies or candies as a treat, doesnt this help them lose even more teeth?

I was talking with a 7 year old girl and she said she got money from her teeth. She was going to spend this money on lollies. Which would help her lose even more teeth. Is it acceptable for children to eat lots of lollies or candy just because thye are going to lose their teeth anyway? Im thinking of future dentist bills....one they turn 18 its not going to be free..and its not cheap!

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
It’s a cute little thing to let kids look forward to losing teeth. Though I’d probably tell them to make sure they learn to take care of their big boy/big girl teeth.

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
For those parents on here I have a question, do you give your children money when they lose a tooth and say its from the tooth fairy?

And also do you give your children lollies or candies as a treat, doesnt this help them lose even more teeth?

I was talking with a 7 year old girl and she said she got money from her teeth. She was going to spend this money on lollies. Which would help her lose even more teeth. Is it acceptable for children to eat lots of lollies or candy just because thye are going to lose their teeth anyway? Im thinking of future dentist bills....one they turn 18 its not going to be free..and its not cheap!
well I am not a parent, but I would say that this is not acceptable, first of all when you tell your kids there is a tooth fairy, your lying to them, and second of all, letting your kids eat candy to loose teeth is promoting bad behaviour that leads to bad health.

how can you build a relationship with your children when you lie to them? your basically telling your kids that your a liar and they can't believe anything you say and that you can't be trusted. God says he is to be worshipped in truth and righteousness, Christians have no reason to get involved with lying to their children.

Second encouraging them to eat sugar to loose teeth, is going to lead to rotting teeth and tooth decay as well as cavities, which means your going to spend a lot of money on dental work for nothing, and then once the sugar gets past the teeth, your looking at increased risk of high blood pressure, which leads to strokes and heart attacks, as well as diabetes and requires needles every day and monitoring of their blood sugar.

So why is this question even coming up on a Christian forum? Bible says God hates liars, Christians should not be lying to their children. If your telling your kids that the tooth fairy and easter bunny exist, your basically destroying your family and their futures building their life on a lie.

7seasrekeyed

If your telling your kids that the tooth fairy and easter bunny exist, your basically destroying your family and their futures building their life on a lie.
you forgot santa

home wreckers all o_O

Feb 28, 2016
oh YES, the world definitely 'embraces' lying to their children = I am guilty, but REFORMED!

our WORLD is based on 'lies', who can deny this???
hey, lets get our letters to 'santa' in the mail, lest he forgets our 'presents' -
(shame on us), and especially 'shame on those who choose to continue in this obvious lying' 'spirit'...

7seasrekeyed

people don't set out to harm their children

lack of brushing is what damages your teeth

you should also floss

7seasrekeyed

:LOL: I saw a bumper sticker last year near Christmas. "Why do people give milk and cookies to Santa? Shouldn't he be arrested for breaking and entering?"

:LOL:

making sense out of insanity ;)

T

tasha66

All popular, generational lies:

- Santa
- Elves
- Easter bunny
- Tooth fairy
- Halloween - witches, flying broomsticks, etc
- This vaccination won't hurt a bit!!
- Your dog has been given to a nice older couple, & it's now running around happily on a great big farm! (OK, I suppose nobody wants to tell their kid their pet has been euthanised or died horribly)
Drop bears (it's an Aussie thing....)

I could go on.
And then we have the cheek to say to kids: 'Don't lie to me or you'll be punished!'
I know we as adults don't want to upset kids, but it's better I think to at least stick to the truth as close as possible. Kids are smarter than we think, & can pretty much handle things. I've seen kids lied to and they get more upset that they have been lied to, than being told the truth.
A Mum I knew told her son that the Easter Bunny was true, & when he started school he found out it wasn't. She said he asked her why she had lied to him. She was pretty much floored & didn't know what to say.
When my SIL got breast cancer & it metastasized (spread), there was little treatment left or hope. She decided to tell her granchildren there was a possibility she could die. They took it suprisingly well, even the older ones who we all thought would get more upset, as they had more understanding of illness.
Best not to lie methinks.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Well the child doesnt have christian parents but just wondering if Christian parents do the same thing as, some do santa for christmas but explain it differently.

My parents never gave me money for teeth. Never was in the whole fairy thing, they were just tales in picture books for me. Made up.

I think some children just pretend to believe the lies their parents tell them just to humour them.

presidente

May 29, 2013

My parents told my sister there was no Santa Claus. She took it really bad. They did not tell me there was a Santa Claus. They didn't want to hear me ask, "Is Jesus real?" too.

That's confusing to your kids. You tell them about this supernatural Man Jesus who walked on water and raised the dead. Then, if you tell them that a magic fat man brings them presents at Christmas, a magic occultic fairy brings them money in exchange for their teeth, a magic bunny brings them candy, and the Great Pumpkin brings them candy on a quasi-occultic holiday, how are they going to believe what you have to say about Jesus?

Fairies are occultic mythical creatures. Some of the occultists and spiritists believe in such things. Most people don't take it seriously, but the historical root could be demons or false gods. The Bible says to provide things honest in the sight of all men and that liars will go the Lake of Fire.

But for some reason, since our children are gullible and believe nearly anything when they are small, that is supposed to make it okay to lie to them.

Kids like money and candy though. if you buy them a bag of candy before Halloween and give them cash for a tooth without the supernatural stuff, they can forgo the ritual or lies. Maybe that's not the most spiritual solution, but usually they want the candy and the money.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I
My parents told my sister there was no Santa Claus. She took it really bad. They did not tell me there was a Santa Claus. They didn't want to hear me ask, "Is Jesus real?" too.

That's confusing to your kids. You tell them about this supernatural Man Jesus who walked on water and raised the dead. Then, if you tell them that a magic fat man brings them presents at Christmas, a magic occultic fairy brings them money in exchange for their teeth, a magic bunny brings them candy, and the Great Pumpkin brings them candy on a quasi-occultic holiday, how are they going to believe what you have to say about Jesus?

Fairies are occultic mythical creatures. Some of the occultists and spiritists believe in such things. Most people don't take it seriously, but the historical root could be demons or false gods. The Bible says to provide things honest in the sight of all men and that liars will go the Lake of Fire.

But for some reason, since our children are gullible and believe nearly anything when they are small, that is supposed to make it okay to lie to them.

Kids like money and candy though. if you buy them a bag of candy before Halloween and give them cash for a tooth without the supernatural stuff, they can forgo the ritual or lies. Maybe that's not the most spiritual solution, but usually they want the candy and the money.
Im not talking about me, cos I dont have my own children, Im asking parents on here what they say. I wouldnt. Expect christian parents to talk about the tooth fairy. But maybe some do, I dont know. My neighbours, who were baptists, did seem to believe in santa claus, they gave us presents at christmas and said they were from santa when we were little. But we knew it was from them.

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
you forgot santa

home wreckers all o_O
Well technically there was a "Santa Clause." his Name was Saint Nicloas a bishop in Aisia Minor who went around on a donkey dropping bags of gold down the chimneys of poor people.

Over time it has been perverted and commercialized and people worship the image of a false god, it's basically I think Satan took the story of a man who did good and followed Christ, and then perverted it to make himself look good. I mean look at what Satan did with it, people worship Santa Clause now instead of Jesus Christ. in fact if you re arragange Santa, you get Satan.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

Giving a little money under the pillow for a child's tooth that fell out and the tooth fairly story is a parental tradition in a lot of families. I remember getting lollies from the dentist as a child growing up so maybe it's not all bad. Candy by itself will not cause a tooth to fall out but proper dental hygiene is essential regardless of what type of food was consumed.

7seasrekeyed

Well technically there was a "Santa Clause." his Name was Saint Nicloas a bishop in Aisia Minor who went around on a donkey dropping bags of gold down the chimneys of poor people.

Over time it has been perverted and commercialized and people worship the image of a false god, it's basically I think Satan took the story of a man who did good and followed Christ, and then perverted it to make himself look good. I mean look at what Satan did with it, people worship Santa Clause now instead of Jesus Christ. in fact if you re arragange Santa, you get Satan.

yup

I actually know about that

the devil will pervert anything and everything

including the gospel and Christ's image in believers

yeah and I know about the backwards letter arranging also

that doesn't work with Easter bunny though

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
Giving a little money under the pillow for a child's tooth that fell out and the tooth fairly story is a parental tradition in a lot of families. I remember getting lollies from the dentist as a child growing up so maybe it's not all bad. Candy by itself will not cause a tooth to fall out but proper dental hygiene is essential regardless of what type of food was consumed.
That is true, but should Christians partake of a vain tradition that has no truth to it? I think the tradition of lollies to children from the dentist is because wen kids go in and they face their fear of drills and scrapings, I mean from a kids perspective it can be scary looking at all the tools the dentist uses. So the lollipop is more of a treat or reward for them facing their fear.

I mean I am not against all traditions, I think that decorating a Christmas tree and Celebrating Christmas by decorating the home is a fun tradition to bring a family together, and there is nothing wrong with giving presents.

But the problem comes when the tradition is built on a lie, like Santa Clause coming to bring presents to good children and coal for bad ones, I have never met anyone who got a lump of coal. So why do Christians celebrate the same pagan rituals as the world when the ritual itself is a lie?

Even halloween started as a pagan ritual to worship the dead, so why do Christians get involved in it? Pagans thought they could communicate with the dead on that night, and the Bible clearly says not to communicate with the dead or contact spirits.

Really, I would like to understand this, why do Christians get involved with or partake of ungodly or satanic holidays and rituals as the world?

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
yup

Amen, I know but my understanding of Easter, is a pagan worship of fertility.

also if I am not mistaken, isn't a fairy a demon?

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee

Really, I would like to understand this, why do Christians get involved with or partake of ungodly or satanic holidays and rituals as the world?
I believe that the reason for this is because that is what they were taught as children. Holidays are only ungodly or satanic if you chose to celebrate the ungodly or satanic aspects. For the record, I did not tell my young daughter about Santa Clause, the Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy when she was growing up but don't look down on those parents that chose to follow these harmless aspects of traditional holidays or when a child loses a baby tooth.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
yup

..or chocolate bunnies, jelly beans or marshmallow peeps.