the tribulation

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
N

NewJerusalem

don't you see....Israel has to exist for this to take place.....now they exist, from aprox 2500 years ago till 1948 they have been scattered all over the world.
So now that they are a nation again what is the next step?...they will build the Temple for the third time so that they can continue the sacrifice/Mosaic Law. The new Temple will most likely be built next to the Dome Mosk. In fact preparations have already started.
Israel has not existed for some 2,000 years and still does not exist in the eyes of God, whether 1948 happened or not. Man calling Israel a nation in 1948 does not mean God calls this physical land Israel or not.

This is not a fulfillment of Prophecy according to Scripture. Whether many so called pastors, teachers or prophets of today say so. The physical does not fulfill the spiritual nature of prophecy ever.

Again....Search to see if such things are so. :)

C

charisenexcelcis

Israel has not existed for some 2,000 years and still does not exist in the eyes of God, whether 1948 happened or not. Man calling Israel a nation in 1948 does not mean God calls this physical land Israel or not.

This is not a fulfillment of Prophecy according to Scripture. Whether many so called pastors, teachers or prophets of today say so. The physical does not fulfill the spiritual nature of prophecy ever.

While I am not enthusiastic about much of the popular escatology of today, I do not think that the earthly is always so easily disentangled from the spiritual. Did not Jesus' incarnation provide an earthly fulfillment of numerous "spiritual" prophecies? And has not one of the greatest heresies been the denial of this earthly fulfillment?
The nature of revelatory prophecy is that it is difficult to gain perspective and often we do not recognise fulfillment until it is passed.

N

NewJerusalem

While I am not enthusiastic about much of the popular escatology of today, I do not think that the earthly is always so easily disentangled from the spiritual. Did not Jesus' incarnation provide an earthly fulfillment of numerous "spiritual" prophecies? And has not one of the greatest heresies been the denial of this earthly fulfillment?
The nature of revelatory prophecy is that it is difficult to gain perspective and often we do not recognise fulfillment until it is passed.
Of course Jesus incarnation was a physical fulfillment of prophecy. This is not the point, neither the fulfillment of Prophecy after His incarnation.

C

charisenexcelcis

Of course Jesus incarnation was a physical fulfillment of prophecy. This is not the point, neither the fulfillment of Prophecy after His incarnation.
You said that the physical never fulfills the spiritual. I just don't think that is so clear cut.

N

NewJerusalem

You said that the physical never fulfills the spiritual. I just don't think that is so clear cut.
I do not believe i ever stated that the physical never fulfills the spiritual.

G

greatkraw

don't you see....Israel has to exist for this to take place.....now they exist, from aprox 2500 years ago till 1948 they have been scattered all over the world.
So now that they are a nation again what is the next step?...they will build the Temple for the third time so that they can continue the sacrifice/Mosaic Law. The new Temple will most likely be built next to the Dome Mosk. In fact preparations have already started.
that is right.

indications are that the original site of the Holy of Holies WAS NOT under the dome of the rock

I have been on top of the temple mount

G

greatkraw

I posted the text from from Ezekial and that is the text that David Ben Gurion(their first prime minister) used to justify the existence of the modern state of Israel

Isa 66:7 "Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a manchild.

(Israel came into existence and then began the birth pangs(conflicts with her neighbours) of her existence

8Who hath heard such a thing? Who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? Or shall a nation be born at once? For as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

1948 the birth of Israel: in May 1948, the Jews of Palestine declared an independent state in their ancient homeland. Arab armies immediately attacked, and the conflict drags on six decades later

G

Graybeard

I have searched and such things are not so

N

NewJerusalem

well you oughta know lol
I believe i have been one of the only ones who has said that I don't have all understanding and am willing to learn more as well have stated, I still search to see if such things are so ;)

A

ASSIYAH

LOL! WOW! I dont even know what to say to this. Is this for real?

G

Graybeard

So what are you saying??

then you say...
then you are asked...
then you say....
I do not believe i ever stated that the physical never fulfills the spirituall.
are you for real?? or have I misread these posts:confused::confused:

G

greatkraw

The defining moment of the start of the tribulation will not be the rapture!!

the rapture will have already occurred; possibly decades before

when a great leader confirms a 7 year treaty with israel; then the clock starts ticking

3 1/2 * 360 days later he will sit in the (rebuilt) temple and proclaim himself the only god

N

NewJerusalem

LOL! WOW! I dont even know what to say to this. Is this for real?

Sorry, i worded it completely wrong.. that was not what I meant. my apologies folks.!

:eek:

N

NewJerusalem

The defining moment of the start of the tribulation will not be the rapture!!

the rapture will have already occurred; possibly decades before

when a great leader confirms a 7 year treaty with israel; then the clock starts ticking

3 1/2 * 360 days later he will sit in the (rebuilt) temple and proclaim himself the only god
Been there, done that.. believed that.....

Sounds like Lindsey, LaHaye, and oh soooooo many others..... makes for good story books, massive cultish fantasy today. I dont blame them, they are simply teaching what they , themselves have been taught.

However unbiblical it may be. Would do them better to forget and rid themselves of what they were taught and search out the Truth of the matter in Scripture instead.

K

kevin33

you say the tribulation has occured already wow are you ever lost matthew 13 read it all brother

Jan 14, 2010
kevin, Matthew 13 talks about the parable of the wheat and the tares, and how they are both here until the harvest... it doesn't necessarily talk about tribulation

Jan 8, 2009
The tribulation did occur it was called the destruction of Jerusalem. Doesn't mean there won't be future one of course.