The True Pronunciation of YHVH and the Name of Christ

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

jaybird88

They all called Him by His name. o lesson was yet neessary.
As for today, there is no need to say Yeshua, Yahshua, Jesus, Iesous, Yesu, etc, but it is of the utmost importance people know it means He is the Salvation of God (Yah). Otherwise, they are just parroting a name brainwashed into their heads but not known in thier hearts.
when i was a kid i knew Him as Jesus. today i refer to Him as Yeshua. IMO Jesus loves me just the same either way.

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013
Revelation 3:12
To the one who overcomes
I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name.

Revelation 2:17
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcomes will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knows except the one that receives it.

After reading this thread the above passages were brought to mind.

I believe knowing the true names are important. If they weren't, the above passages wouldn't exist. But I also know that we're given mercy during our current ignorance (as the spirit within groans to the Father and the Son when we don't know exactly what to say).

notuptome

May 17, 2013
Revelation 3:12
To the one who overcomes
I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name.

Revelation 2:17
He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcomes will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knows except the one that receives it.

After reading this thread the above passages were brought to mind.

I believe knowing the true names are important. If they weren't, the above passages wouldn't exist. But I also know that we're given mercy during our current ignorance (as the spirit within groans to the Father and the Son when we don't know exactly what to say).
So what does the new name saints will receive in glory have to do with the name of God?

Is God not the true name of God? Is God not pleased to hear His children call out to Him by His name God?

How pretentious and aloof to create terror over Gods name.

The Muslim is just a spooky about Gods name. That should tell you something.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Yahshua

Sep 22, 2013
So what does the new name saints will receive in glory have to do with the name of God?

Is God not the true name of God? Is God not pleased to hear His children call out to Him by His name God?

How pretentious and aloof to create terror over Gods name.

The Muslim is just a spooky about Gods name. That should tell you something.

For the cause of Christ
Roger
I'm just quoting passages Notuptome...

Christ says he'll write his new name on the overcomers. You'll have to ask him why it matters. I'm just pointing out that apparently it does. I didn't think my post would cause terror though, but peace and edification since none of us knows their names with certainty and yet still get our prayers heard.

Not for nothing; personally just think how many people - across different religions/faiths - use, misuse, and/or purposely blaspheme the title "God" in this fallen world (thinking it's the creator's true name). But what's to set-apart the "God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob" from all the rest of the idols, as Holy and true?

"God loves you, friend."

"Yes I know. I pray to Krishna every day."

"No, no, no. GOD love you."

"Yes I know. Krishna. Krishna is god...??"

"No that's not God."

"Well what is his name? Who is he?"

Proverbs 30:4
Who has gone up to heaven and come down? Whose hands have gathered up the wind? Who has wrapped up the waters in a cloak? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is his name, and what is the name of his son if thou canst tell?

----

I'm reminded of Moses when standing in front of the burning bush when he was told to speak to Israel, Moses asked "what is your name so I can tell the people?" Israel were slaves in Egypt for hundreds of years inundated with the many false gods of that kingdom.

So it's gotta be important if passage after passage records the living God saying, "and by this you will know that my name is...", over and over constantly in scripture, you know?

Feb 28, 2016
God-Yeshua-Jesus-Saviour-Lamb. etc= Creator!
Love Him, because He just wants us to Love Him,
I really don't think that He cares what we call Him' -
but that we just Love and Honor Him for what He has
done for us, yes, our pitiful selves...

blueluna5

Jul 30, 2018
According to my pastor no one really knows how to pronounce Yhwh, but we believe it's Yah-wah. It means "he who exists and is dynamically involved in your life."

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
According to my pastor no one really knows how to pronounce Yhwh, but we believe it's Yah-wah. It means "he who exists and is dynamically involved in your life."
Well Yhwh really means: Self existent, eternal. In case you wanted to get technical. :)

notuptome

May 17, 2013
I'm just quoting passages Notuptome...

Christ says he'll write his new name on the overcomers. You'll have to ask him why it matters. I'm just pointing out that apparently it does. I didn't think my post would cause terror though, but peace and edification since none of us knows their names with certainty and yet still get our prayers heard.

Not for nothing; personally just think how many people - across different religions/faiths - use, misuse, and/or purposely blaspheme the title "God" in this fallen world (thinking it's the creator's true name). But what's to set-apart the "God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob" from all the rest of the idols, as Holy and true?

"God loves you, friend."

"Yes I know. I pray to Krishna every day."

"No, no, no. GOD love you."

"Yes I know. Krishna. Krishna is god...??"

"No that's not God."

"Well what is his name? Who is he?"

Proverbs 30:4
Who has gone up to heaven and come down? Whose hands have gathered up the wind? Who has wrapped up the waters in a cloak? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is his name, and what is the name of his son if thou canst tell?

----

I'm reminded of Moses when standing in front of the burning bush when he was told to speak to Israel, Moses asked "what is your name so I can tell the people?" Israel were slaves in Egypt for hundreds of years inundated with the many false gods of that kingdom.

So it's gotta be important if passage after passage records the living God saying, "and by this you will know that my name is...", over and over constantly in scripture, you know?
Well unless you are Jewish and speak Hebrew the Hebrew names for God are really foreign to the tongue and the language. If you speak English then Gods name is God.

The Jews to this day are still bondage and cannot or fear not to speak Gods name. Christians are no longer under bondage and may freely call God Abba Father.

What we see is the influence of Eastern mysticism on Christianity. We have here a concerted effort to create a mystical meaning to Gods name. God is God and we should rejoice the God desires to be close to us and to fellowship or commune with us. The Creator of the universe loves and cares for us little grains of sand.

For the cause of Christ
Roger

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Well i had a dream once and i will not reveal the full dream but i was being spoken to in the dream and part of what i was told was the following

""" If you want to serve Yaveh then"""

I had in my life heard the term Yahweh and assumed it was the correct way to say it.. I have never before heard it said like it sounded in the dream.. it was a clear V not a W.. I did a search of Yaveh on the net and sure enough i got the information that Yahveh was an old testament term for the God of Israel, I think you can spell it Yaveh or Yahveh both phonetically sound the same to me..

But i will also say that God has many acceptable titles that have been translated into many different languages and that it does not matter what language the title is spoken in.. You do not get any special bonuses for using Gods title in Hebrew..

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
The name does not matter as much as the message that carpenter's son gave us. Everyone thinks the gospel is about Jesus-Yeshua-Joshua Himself. No, the gospel is about the Kingdom of God. Few people study God's word discerning the Kingdom. We make His message about Him rather than His actual message.

question-mrk-smiley.gif

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Yeshua may be translated as the Salvation of God........ Now with this in mind, it hits in the heart and soul when we realize what Mary and Joseph understood, for they spoke the Hebrew of their time.........

Mat 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son; and thou shalt call his name JESUS; for it is he that shall save his people from their sins.

This is just a very tiny part of why I love His name , because it says He is the Salvation of God Who will save His people.

His people were the first and second flocks He mentions as the Good Shepherd. That first flock called God, Yah or Yahweh...........we are joined together to that flock in Jesus Christ.

Yeshua is a wonderful name, just as is Jesus when used with understanding.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Do you want to see how knowing the full translation of names can be thrilling?

We read of the throne of David.........Many with tunnel thinking are stuck with the King, David, but actually in reading Biblical prophecy we understand wen we see reference to David it is actually Jesus for David is beloved,.

Carrying this out further, David is the son of Jesse, or, Yeshi, which means "May Reedeemer (Salvation)."

So now we see, nost so cryptically that David, Jesus, is the Son of our Redeemer Who is our Redeemer,.

For the logic in this last sentence see Isaiah 9:6 where Jesus is prophesied to be called such things as Everlasting Father, Almighty God, Ruler of Peach Counselor, Comforter.........everything, for Jesus is Everything. Praise Yahweh, God, amen.