The truth about Christianity is hidden from the world

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 25, 2021
Actually one of Jesus's main messages was enduring hardships, persecution, and tribulation. I don't recall any feel good sermons about being delivered from all of life's calamities. I remember a lot teachings about keeping our eyes on the Son of God with faith to endure until the end.

Not really sure who your message is to. We also have the Bible so we've read these things. I don't think anyone is going to throw you out of here for holding those views.
How are you going to get those hardships? You think just saying you are christian to the world is enough? No. Because you are of the world and you speak like it. If you will follow Jesus then you must give up your life and not care for the things of man, but only for the things of God. Keeping all the hundreds of commandments is the only way to heaven, Jesus said it, the god of Abraham, of Isaac and of Jacob said it and they both do not change. What more do you need? You are going to hell if you do not accept the possibility that you could be wrong about everything. You definitely will.

Jan 25, 2021
That would require you being teachable.
Where is the error in my teachings? Point it out using scripture only, because I cannot trust you. You are a man and nothing more. There is no truth in man but there is truth in the word of God so go ahead

throughfaith

Aug 4, 2020
What's wrong with being jewish? Jesus said that salvation is of the jews and I follow him and the commandments in the scriptures
Nothing. The verse said synagogue..So its referring to Jews .

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Where is the error in my teachings? Point it out using scripture only, because I cannot trust you. You are a man and nothing more. There is no truth in man but there is truth in the word of God so go ahead
The error is in your rejection of Scripture. Christians believe that the writings of the apostles are Scripture.

1 Peter 3:15-16 Bear in mind that our Lord’s patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

By saying, "the other Scriptures", Peter here includes Paul's writings with Scripture.

Jan 25, 2021
I think you may have ran into the word of faith or prosperity gospel people. I don't know anyone personally who thinks they will never have to suffer in this life. I mean the Bible says we must suffer to reign with him. So yeah, I get ya...but that also doesn't mean that we are to just expect to have the worst life ever, and always be in pain or unhappy. God is still merciful and prayer does still change things, but yeah, there is suffering involved in this world as well. We are instructed to arm ourselves as a good soldier and fight the good fight.

Yeah, there is sufferings but there is also blessings from God. We can still be joyous in the Lord no matter what happens in life.
>but that also doesn't mean that we are to just expect to have the worst life ever, and always be in pain or unhappy.

Give me scripture. You are a man and you fabricate things as if you are God himself. Prove what you say.

NotmebutHim

May 17, 2015
Job, however, DID admit to speaking presumptuously about God and repented "in dust and ashes" as a result.

After God had confronted him about his short-sightedness. (cf. Job 38 and following).

Lucy-Pevensie

Dec 20, 2017
How are you going to get those hardships? You think just saying you are christian to the world is enough? No. Because you are of the world and you speak like it. If you will follow Jesus then you must give up your life and not care for the things of man, but only for the things of God. Keeping all the hundreds of commandments is the only way to heaven, Jesus said it, the god of Abraham, of Isaac and of Jacob said it and they both do not change. What more do you need? You are going to hell if you do not accept the possibility that you could be wrong about everything. You definitely will.
You seem to have missed the prophet's announcements (before Jesus) about the New Covenant.
If you want to keep all the commandments of the Mosaic Covenant you had better be Jewish and living in Israel.

Jan 25, 2021
The error is in your rejection of Scripture. Christians believe that the writings of the apostles are Scripture.
I don't care what "christians" believe. They are not followers of Jesus if they are seduced from keeping the commandments (Deuteronomy 13, Deuteronomy 6:25, Deuteronomy 4:2) and if they believe that Paul is of God. Paul is so obviously false. He has not taught ONE THING at all. He has taught NOTHING. He is a blind guide leading the blind. He has only made his own laws like making women be silent, cutting your hair if you are a man and not feeding the hungry unless they will work.

You cannot hear me when I say he's false because you can't accept my message. You are of your father the devil, you hate the truth and cannot come to it. You cherish your sinful life and this world. You are wise in your own eyes and stiffnecked, unable to accept reproof.

Jan 25, 2021
You seem to have missed the prophet's announcements (before Jesus) about the New Covenant.
If you want to keep all the commandments of the Mosaic Covenant you had better be Jewish and living in Israel.
The new covenant just means that the law is more strict. Also you know what I meant. There are over 100 important commandments that everyone must follow. Not just 10. 10 are the fundamental commandments

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I don't care what "christians" believe. They are not followers of Jesus if they are seduced from keeping the commandments (Deuteronomy 13, Deuteronomy 6:25, Deuteronomy 4:2) and if they believe that Paul is of God. Paul is so obviously false. He has not taught ONE THING at all. He has taught NOTHING. He is a blind guide leading the blind. He has only made his own laws like making women be silent, cutting your hair if you are a man and not feeding the hungry unless they will work.

You cannot hear me when I say he's false because you can't accept my message. You are of your father the devil, you hate the truth and cannot come to it. You cherish your sinful life and this world. You are wise in your own eyes and stiffnecked, unable to accept reproof.
Yawn. Your time here will be short. Hopefully Jesus will have mercy on you and grant you repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth.

Jan 25, 2021
Job, however, DID admit to speaking presumptuously about God and repented "in dust and ashes" as a result.

After God had confronted him about his short-sightedness. (cf. Job 38 and following).
Job repented because he was complaining about his creator, not because he has committed sin

Status
Not open for further replies.