The two witnesses

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

John146

Jan 13, 2016
God the same yesterday, today, and forever more.
Explain why he talked yesterday but not today
At one time, God commanded that the adulterer be put to death. Is God the same today?

Don’t miss apply Scripture to fit your needs. The manner in which God works changes in time, yet He, His character never changes.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Had God stopped speaking to His Children at that time, there would be no following of Jesus Christ today for the written code kills without the Holy Spirit to give it life.

In the written Word we are invited to learn from God. Your read it, you know it.

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
If God must speak outside of His word, then the Bible is no longer sufficient. I claim it is sufficient.
No one hear's directly from God. This is stated by those who wish to exalt themselves as prophets, or as on a higher spiritual plane.

What should be duly noted is those who say this are always in error doctrinally, while MANY of the same hate the church, and/or speak ill of the Bride, nor do many of them even attend a church.

If it's so they've "heard from God," let's keep writing Scripture, for if God spoke to them it belongs in Scripture because they are saying what they heard is God-breathed.

Write it down, get a hold of a translating committee and Zondervan. Sara Young also needs to have here heretical book added to holy writ too. Imagine how huge our "Bibles" would be, and how doctrinally inept they'd be if we put down all these things people have "heard."

John146

Jan 13, 2016
No one hear's directly from God. This is stated by those who wish to exalt themselves as prophets, or as on a higher spiritual plane.

What should be duly noted is those who say this are always in error doctrinally, while MANY of the same hate the church, and/or speak ill of the Bride, nor do many of them even attend a church.

If it's so they've "heard from God," let's keep writing Scripture, for if God spoke to them it belongs in Scripture because they are saying what they heard is God-breathed.

Write it down, get a hold of a translating committee and Zondervan. Sara Young also needs to have here heretical book added to holy writ too. Imagine how huge our "Bibles" would be, and how doctrinally inept they'd be if we put down all these things people have "heard."
Agreed. If one thinks they are hearing from God, it may be the Holy Spirit reminding them of Scripture they have already read. But if this inner voice is saying something outside Scripture, then disregard it.

preacher4truth

Dec 28, 2016
Since some say God speaks to them directly, it is all then purely subjective. The OP has just as much "authority" in what "God told him" as all others on here making the same claim of what "God told them."

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Sadly, this thread is a train wreck.

Jul 23, 2018
God does not talk to you, me, or anyone today as He did during bible days. If you want to hear from God, crack open your bible.
Sad you see that lie as such a fact in your walk.
I hang on every word he personally speaks to me.
Not often,but precious.

Jul 23, 2018
From Malachi———-> John the Baptist, there were no prophets sent, no words from Yahweh...~450 years, iirc. Just because He no longer speaks through people does not mean He has changed. He is the same, and I AM that I AM proves this.
Rubbish.

Paul
John
Peter
The women prophetesses in acts.

Jul 23, 2018
Cessationism is a made up concept.
TOTALLY foriegn to the word.

What possesses men to poo poo the power of God?????

KD

Nov 20, 2018
Agreed. If one thinks they are hearing from God, it may be the Holy Spirit reminding them of Scripture they have already read. But if this inner voice is saying something outside Scripture, then disregard it.
John,

I think you nailed it. It has to line up with the Word to be validated!

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Agreed. If one thinks they are hearing from God, it may be the Holy Spirit reminding them of Scripture they have already read.
Agreed; God does indeed still speak to His people in this way.

But if this inner voice is saying something outside Scripture, then disregard it.
I don't agree with this; I would replace the word "outside" with "contrary to".

This can be demonstrated from within Scripture. Paul wasn't hindered by Scripture from entering Bithynia. Elijah wasn't taught by Scripture how to defeat the prophets of Baal. Philip wasn't told by Scripture to go up beside the Ethiopian eunuch's chariot. In all these cases, the Holy Spirit spoke to them. He still speaks to His people in particular, context-specific ways that have no precedent in Scripture.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
God talked to me once before I was saved. I was about to blow my brains out with a 12 gauge shotgun. He came into to my room and talked me out of it through reason. I am glad He did even if it wasn't in the Bible. God can do anything He wants. He will never speak against His written word. :)

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
There are to be no prophets prophesied in the Word of great reknown except for the two witnesses to come, but there are many who have the spirit of prophesy everywhere for all who confess or witness Jesus Christ share this spirit...Revelation.

obedienttogod

Jan 3, 2019
Again, God speaks, but through His word, the Bible.

We have the Holy Spirit (God) living inside of us. And the Holy does speak to us on a subconscious level. It may be a right/wrong decision we are about to make, it may be we see someone and need to give them an encouraging word, it could even be a warning if we know someone is flat out sinning.

Not every homeless person I see asking for help, do I help. But I do help the homeless person I see when I get this sudden feeling I need to give to them something. Twice I have given $50 dollars, one to a woman who had her children and you could see how frantic she was and truly needed the help, the second to a man who stood in the rain leaning into my car window trying to convert me to Christ. In both instances, when they realized the amount, tears streamed from their faces and I told them that God loves them. The man and I prayed before departing, the woman just sobbed because many simply refuse to give.

BUT, I would not had given UNLESS I felt the Holy Spirit nudging me to give.

And to add, was not too long after both instances that my job gave me raises. And the ironic part of that, my job never gives anyone a raise unless you are good at what you do and threaten to quit. One fellow employee has not seen a raise in TEN YEARS! But within a 90 day period, I was given TWO raises.

So don't tell me God does not speak to us outside the Bible. If He has not urged you or caused you to do something you normally would never do, then you are not in a spiritual place to receive and hear from God!

maverich

Jun 27, 2017
From Malachi———-> John the Baptist, there were no prophets sent, no words from Yahweh...~450 years, iirc. Just because He no longer speaks through people does not mean He has changed. He is the same, and I AM that I AM proves this.
If one understands scripture when Peter said you are the christ, Jesus said flesh and blood didn't reveal this but my father in heaven.
The first time God spoke to man in 400 years
Upon this rock the foundation of all who are born again, my father was again speaking to man.
Later a voice from heaven.
This is my beloved son, Hear him.

maverich

Jun 27, 2017
The question isn't with the bible.
The question is do you know the Word.
In the beginning was the Word, weren't no bibles.

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
sniff.....sniff Smells like mendacity

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
this whole forum smells because of the premise.
and people are actually being manipulated into taking this seriously