The two witnesses

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 25, 2018
We have the Holy Spirit (God) living inside of us. And the Holy does speak to us on a subconscious level. It may be a right/wrong decision we are about to make, it may be we see someone and need to give them an encouraging word, it could even be a warning if we know someone is flat out sinning.

Not every homeless person I see asking for help, do I help. But I do help the homeless person I see when I get this sudden feeling I need to give to them something. Twice I have given $50 dollars, one to a woman who had her children and you could see how frantic she was and truly needed the help, the second to a man who stood in the rain leaning into my car window trying to convert me to Christ. In both instances, when they realized the amount, tears streamed from their faces and I told them that God loves them. The man and I prayed before departing, the woman just sobbed because many simply refuse to give.

BUT, I would not had given UNLESS I felt the Holy Spirit nudging me to give.

And to add, was not too long after both instances that my job gave me raises. And the ironic part of that, my job never gives anyone a raise unless you are good at what you do and threaten to quit. One fellow employee has not seen a raise in TEN YEARS! But within a 90 day period, I was given TWO raises.

So don't tell me God does not speak to us outside the Bible. If He has not urged you or caused you to do something you normally would never do, then you are not in a spiritual place to receive and hear from God!
However, you know via the Bible to help those in need.

Laish

Jul 31, 2016
Ok back to the OP . Do you believe him ? That's basically what's this is about. That he is actually one of the two witness.
Blessings
Bill

Jul 23, 2018
Ok back to the OP . Do you believe him ? That's basically what's this is about. That he is actually one of the two witness.
Blessings
Bill
They come about the middle of the gt.
He can't possibly be one of them.
Put it this way.
When they do come. They won't be posting here

O

obedienttogod

However, you know via the Bible to help those in need.

AMEN!

I do not doubt that and for all things I go to the WORD, but still, that's one of the reasons God enabled Himself to dwell within us. Through the Holy Spirit it allows God to communicate to us. I agree that God does not speak like the Bible indicates He once did, but I have been alone and heard my name. And no, I was not drunk, on drugs, doing anything out of the ordinary, nor did I have a mental relapse of reasoning. I cannot tell you if it was my subconsciousness or if t was a real audible voice, but it was my name I heard. Was that God? I honestly cannot tell you, but I did do as the prophet Samuel was instructed to do, I said, here I am Lord! Nothing came about from it, at least nothing I ever tried to connect it with.

However though, I have had a thought cross my mind to do something I would never do on my own. And when I prayed, I felt such a tug and urgency to do what the thought dealt with. And afterwards from doing it, I felt a greater peace than what I normally feel throughout any given day.

I have given money to people on the street, in the church, wherever. I have been at a cash register and the person in front of me did not have the funds to complete their transaction and I just swiped my card so they would not go without. Been at a gas station and while at the cash register buying a soda, looked out and then told the person to charge the gas to me. Been at starbucks and bought everyone behind me their drinks. I did not do any of these things because I am just a good person hahahahaha oh no, I did them because of that subtle nudge along with a thought from out of nowhere, from anything I would not want to think about. I am not a fan of giving the money I work hard for away for any reason. But when I know it is God telling me to do as such, you better believe I do it.

I was at Wal-Mart shopping and passed this couple. I had never met them nor had any idea who they were. But I had this thought immediately enter my mind along with that gentle nudge. So I turned around and finally caught up to them. I said, excuse me and they turned around. I said, You don't know me and I don't know you, but God knows who you are. They got really quiet and stiff like. I said to the woman, you are pregnant. And tears just rolled down her cheeks and they told me they have been trying everything and nothing worked. We exchanged phone numbers and even set up to meet them at their church for a Sunday morning service. I got out of my car, shut the door, and was beginning to walk toward the entrance doors when this couple and both sets of their parents met me in the parking lot. They had been waiting for me. The first thing the woman said to me, I am pregnant! They all hugged me and I sat with them during the service. They introduced me to their pastor and he already knew the story. They bought me lunch afterwards. And I became the godfather of their baby son.

I had no idea these people were trying to get pregnant, but my GOD did! All I did was act on the faith from knowing what a thought with that subtle nudge meant. God did the rest!

So many instances have happened, that if I listed them all you would not believe me. But I was taught to always be spiritually ready. And the moment I chose to do as such, God wasted no time in using me. He will do the same for anyone. And when I see the changes in people from doing as God instructed me to do. I have confirmation after confirmation that my God is real and He is the God of miracles!

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
If God must speak outside of His word, then the Bible is no longer sufficient. I claim it is sufficient.
You deny God speaks to His children? How then is anyone saved? It is the Holy Spirit, God, Who brings the written text to life.

Without God instructing us, the Bible is dead.

Apr 15, 2017
He(the author of the OP) said he was waiting on God to give him power and talk to him. He is saying he was going to call down fire on someone, and I refuted it with Jesus’ own words. Nowhere did I compare Jesus to Forest Gump, nowhere, my friend.

However, God no longer speaks as He did in biblical times. The canon of scripture is closed. If you want God to speak to you, open your bible and read.
I tend to believe that because our salvation is based on faith, which faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen, for we have to believe in a kingdom, and a God that we cannot see with our eyes.

Which Thomas said my Lord and God to Jesus, and Jesus said that Thomas believed because he has seen, but blessed is he that has not seen but believes.

So it would appear if our salvation is based on faith, and without faith it is impossible to please God, and faith is believing without seeing, for we walk by faith not be sight, if God spoke audibly to someone that they could hear such as Moses heard would that not violate faith by God giving evidence to them.

And for people that would say but God talked to Paul, and John, and possibly some of the disciples such as Peter, does not apply for the disciples did not need faith for they were eye witnesses to Jesus' resurrection, which gave them confidence to go boldly forth proclaiming truth, for they knew without a shadow of a doubt it was true, and Paul did not need faith when Jesus appeared to him, for he had seen the risen Christ, which gave him confidence to boldly go forth proclaiming truth to the Gentiles, and get the ball rolling there.

I think people tend to think more highly of themselves than they should, which the Bible says if a person thinks they are something when they are nothing, they deceive themselves.

But we live in a world motivated by self exaltation in which selfishness, and arrogance stem from that, so they like to give themselves titles, and the title prophet, and God is working great among them like He does not do among the peasant saints.

I do not believe we will hear a voice such as Moses heard, or Paul heard, or any of them back then, for our salvation is based on faith, although we can have a prompting from the Spirit to act a certain way, or reach out to these certain people, and the such.

Dec 12, 2013
Again, God speaks, but through His word, the Bible.
Amen......In these last days has spoken unto us through his SON.....and His Son just so happens to the THE WORD that came to be flesh and dwelt among us (as John said)......God speaks through his word anf a still SMALL VOICE......through conviction, enlightenment and being led by the Spirit...........The SPIRIT IS THE TRUTH <--TWO definite articles and a "be" verb.....!!

Oct 25, 2018
You deny God speaks to His children? How then is anyone saved? It is the Holy Spirit, God, Who brings the written text to life.

Without God instructing us, the Bible is dead.
I do not deny God speaks to His children. What I do deny is people hearing voices and then saying it is God speaking to them. If someone hears voices they need to seek psychiatric help my friend.

God speaks through His word, the Bible.

Oct 25, 2018
I tend to believe that because our salvation is based on faith, which faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen, for we have to believe in a kingdom, and a God that we cannot see with our eyes.

Which Thomas said my Lord and God to Jesus, and Jesus said that Thomas believed because he has seen, but blessed is he that has not seen but believes.

So it would appear if our salvation is based on faith, and without faith it is impossible to please God, and faith is believing without seeing, for we walk by faith not be sight, if God spoke audibly to someone that they could hear such as Moses heard would that not violate faith by God giving evidence to them.

And for people that would say but God talked to Paul, and John, and possibly some of the disciples such as Peter, does not apply for the disciples did not need faith for they were eye witnesses to Jesus' resurrection, which gave them confidence to go boldly forth proclaiming truth, for they knew without a shadow of a doubt it was true, and Paul did not need faith when Jesus appeared to him, for he had seen the risen Christ, which gave him confidence to boldly go forth proclaiming truth to the Gentiles, and get the ball rolling there.

I think people tend to think more highly of themselves than they should, which the Bible says if a person thinks they are something when they are nothing, they deceive themselves.

But we live in a world motivated by self exaltation in which selfishness, and arrogance stem from that, so they like to give themselves titles, and the title prophet, and God is working great among them like He does not do among the peasant saints.

I do not believe we will hear a voice such as Moses heard, or Paul heard, or any of them back then, for our salvation is based on faith, although we can have a prompting from the Spirit to act a certain way, or reach out to these certain people, and the such.
That which I bolded I agree with. The rest I can not decipher your thought(s). Would you please elaborate, my friend?

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
On a few occasions, very few, the Holy Spirit has given me information on individuals as to when they would come and where they were from, where they were going and what I should say to them. The TWO occasion I think of off hand there was no voice in my ear, simply the understanding with no words what I was to do and say.

I did not divine anyuthing about these two, it came nto y mind and out of my mouth. It glorified God, oh, and yes, it did contain some of the future………….This occurred because I was a willing vessal of our Father, not by any means of my own. God gets all glory.

It is written in the latter times, you young mean will dream dreams………...and more in Joel, so please refrain from this oblique judgment of believers and the Fathe's activities. No I am not written bout in the Word but God, our Father does speak to almost all who believe Him. Actually I would say all because without His drawing us to Jesus Christ, we would not be in Jesus Christ, Yeshua....undeniable.

S

selfdissolving

Can somebody please tell me what I should do if i have a prophetic biblical prophecy thats about me no doubt (fire devouring an enemy killing them is like murder in the eyes of the law I hope to god please pray I don’t go to jail because of my devouring flame but rather a new opportunity to wake people up I think I’ll be ok I have god on my side and he calls me son of mine ask god yourself but if I were to say all that I truly know about the truth I’d be cursed as a liar and false prophet when In reality I really am written in the book of revelation like revelation 10 the angel gave me the little book and said take it and eat it up and it shall be as sweet as honey and make your stomach bitter so I did it was the best honey I’ve ever tasted nothing compares the little book was like a wafer you can choose to accept the truth or you can just deny it I am all truth here
i went through a similar phase of believing i was one of the two witnesses. the antidote for this prideful delusion is faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
I do not deny God speaks to His children. What I do deny is people hearing voices and then saying it is God speaking to them. If someone hears voices they need to seek psychiatric help my friend.

If that works for you, that's good. Kindly have the same respect for the rest of us whose experience trumps your opinion.

Mar 28, 2016
Can somebody please tell me what I should do if i have a prophetic biblical prophecy thats about me no doubt (fire devouring an enemy killing them is like murder in the eyes of the law I hope to god please pray I don’t go to jail because of my devouring flame but rather a new opportunity to wake people up I think I’ll be ok I have god on my side and he calls me son of mine ask god yourself but if I were to say all that I truly know about the truth I’d be cursed as a liar and false prophet when In reality I really am written in the book of revelation like revelation 10 the angel gave me the little book and said take it and eat it up and it shall be as sweet as honey and make your stomach bitter so I did it was the best honey I’ve ever tasted nothing compares the little book was like a wafer you can choose to accept the truth or you can just deny it I am all truth here

God uses fire in two ways .One a cleansing purifying fire the believer goes through all the day of their lives .And two, a consuming fire that indicates some had no faith by which they could believe God.

The two witness are the law and the prophets in respect to the word of God as His witness, and not the witness of men. He uses Moses and Elijah to represent His unseen authority together communing with the Son of man, Jesus

Matthew 17:2-4 King James Version (KJV)And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.And, behold, there appeared unto them Moses and Elias talking with him.

Mar 28, 2016
If that works for you, that's good. Kindly have the same respect for the rest of us whose experience trumps your opinion.
No audible voices or out of the body experinces.. God is not longer bringing any new revelations or interpretations, as prophecy. we have the whole book of prophecy (God's word)

Experience is not the validator of the unseen spirutl truths of God. But does seek to provide another source of faith other than as it is written. As it is written alone is the one source of faith by which we can believe God not seen.

Jesus said unto him, "It is written" again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.Mathew 4:7

If experience was the validator of the unseen spiritual truth then Jesus flunked the test in respect to 1 John for trying the spirits. Rather than again, again, again, three times to make it perfectly clear he gave us the one source "as it is written". Why temp the lord by going above that which is written?

It is the same kind of warning revealed in Coloisian 2:18. Do not use our fleshly minds after the imaginations of one heart to fall victim to the father of lies by worshiping fallen angels as those things not seen by faith as it is written

Colossians 2:18Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and "worshipping of angels", intruding into those things which "he hath not seen", vainly puffed up by his "fleshly mind",

O

obedienttogod

No audible voices or out of the body experinces.. God is not longer bringing any new revelations or interpretations, as prophecy. we have the whole book of prophecy (God's word)

Experience is not the validator of the unseen spirutl truths of God. But does seek to provide another source of faith other than as it is written. As it is written alone is the one source of faith by which we can believe God not seen.

Jesus said unto him, "It is written" again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.Mathew 4:7

If experience was the validator of the unseen spiritual truth then Jesus flunked the test in respect to 1 John for trying the spirits. Rather than again, again, again, three times to make it perfectly clear he gave us the one source "as it is written". Why temp the lord by going above that which is written?

It is the same kind of warning revealed in Coloisian 2:18. Do not use our fleshly minds after the imaginations of one heart to fall victim to the father of lies by worshiping fallen angels as those things not seen by faith as it is written

Colossians 2:18Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and "worshipping of angels", intruding into those things which "he hath not seen", vainly puffed up by his "fleshly mind",

Not that I have experienced nor do I know of anyone who has, but I believe God could appear to someone if He so chooses to instruct them to begin their ministry, to warn them (just their warning and no one else's), to confirm them, or whatever, and it does not have to be prophetic in nature concerning adding to the WORD of God. It would be prophetic to the individual, but it would not be adding to scripture.

I could even see God using a complete nobody that no one knows, ever heard of, or would ever think of them in a way to be used by God in such a manner to suddenly be a voice in the last days. And even though this person would travel around the world with this warning, it does not add to any part of scripture, but if the message lines up to actual prophecy, it will confirm it.

We have heard millions of sermons based upon the end times and last days. Eventually, we could hear a sermon from someone who had an encounter with God concerning the last days and that would be the one specific message we should pay closer attention to.

Even in the Bible we see Christ as the (A)ngel of God appearing before Ishmael and his mother. This had no prophetic undertone for us as believers. The same happened to Joshua and it had no prophetic undertone for us as believers. And it very well could happen today and have no undertone for us as believers.

But to declare God is done doing as He once did, when we know He is the same yesterday, today, and forever.. is kind of a stupid belief to have!

Jul 23, 2018

Thats basically the deaf and dumb church.
God cant talk and his children can't listen.

Mar 28, 2016
Not that I have experienced nor do I know of anyone who has, but I believe God could appear to someone if He so chooses to instruct them to begin their ministry, to warn them (just their warning and no one else's), to confirm them, or whatever, and it does not have to be prophetic in nature concerning adding to the WORD of God. It would be prophetic to the individual, but it would not be adding to scripture.

I could even see God using a complete nobody that no one knows, ever heard of, or would ever think of them in a way to be used by God in such a manner to suddenly be a voice in the last days. And even though this person would travel around the world with this warning, it does not add to any part of scripture, but if the message lines up to actual prophecy, it will confirm it.

We have heard millions of sermons based upon the end times and last days. Eventually, we could hear a sermon from someone who had an encounter with God concerning the last days and that would be the one specific message we should pay closer attention to.

Even in the Bible we see Christ as the (A)ngel of God appearing before Ishmael and his mother. This had no prophetic undertone for us as believers. The same happened to Joshua and it had no prophetic undertone for us as believers. And it very well could happen today and have no undertone for us as believers.

But to declare God is done doing as He once did, when we know He is the same yesterday, today, and forever.. is kind of a stupid belief to have!
Those references you offered were still possible when God was bringing new revelations as prophecy

He does still appear through the hearing of His faith . He is not finished uses the authority of His living abiding word . But is not adding anything new. When he sends it out it still does not return void from the purpose he sends it. It works in us with us to both will and do His good pleasure as a discerner of the thoughts and intents of our heart. It is God who does make our hearts soft.

Spread the word.