The "uneducated" Bible Thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Well, thanks for the rebuke. I will probably be inadequate all my life, but God finds a way to surprise even the biggest of skeptics. Honestly, your talking over my. head, but it's o.k.. I managed to get through school, work, and life not knowing what people are talking about. It's a good thing for surfing, it was really the only time I wasn't constantly criticized, graded, measured, or taught.

Keep the rebukes coming, it's how misfits get their name. I honestly can't imagine a world where people just accepted me. It would freak me out.
Our Father will take what is not to bring down what is. This covers the both os us. He is glorious, the glory of all who believe not we.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Happy Trails. One day everything will make sense, until then. Hopefully, the thread has some good. I like to kick and punch and blow things up in life, so there is room to live. Sort of like this thread. When every one is talking over people and the topic is so out of line where I'm at, just need to find space. It wouldn't of surprised me if no one posted here, glad you did. I still can't sleep.
I think and "uneducated" Bible thread is great.

The Jews there were amazed and asked, “How did this man get such learning without having been taught?” Jn.7:15 lol....hope you got some sleep!

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I think and "uneducated" Bible thread is great.

The Jews there were amazed and asked, “How did this man get such learning without having been taught?” Jn.7:15 lol....hope you got some sleep!
https://www.sunday-school-center.com/.../lg3-lesson-1-jesus-at-the-temple-at-age-12.pdf
Jesus grew up strong and in favor with God and man. At 12 years old, Jesus talked with the teachers in the Temple. The teachers were amazed at Jesus’ knowledge! Jesus knew that God was His Father, as early as age 12. Jesus was obedient to His earthly parents. Scripture Ref. Luke 2:40-52

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
https://www.sunday-school-center.com/.../lg3-lesson-1-jesus-at-the-temple-at-age-12.pdf
Jesus grew up strong and in favor with God and man. At 12 years old, Jesus talked with the teachers in the Temple. The teachers were amazed at Jesus’ knowledge! Jesus knew that God was His Father, as early as age 12. Jesus was obedient to His earthly parents. Scripture Ref. Luke 2:40-52
Yeah, that's impressive about our Savior as a child. I read somewhere that in the Jewish culture, asking questions was actually a way of teaching. I think it's great that later on, Jesus used people who weren't scholars.

Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus. Act.4:13

Being with Jesus saved a lot on college tuition!

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
Awesome! So, you know exactly what I'm talking about then?!?! And your super friendly....This has a friendship in the making. Well, what doctrines or ideas got looking in the uncommon path of the faith? Would love to hear how you transitioned to different churches. I'm gonna try to hit the hay now, it's so late. Look forward for any responses or posts in the thread.
Hiya kinda, I am a Jew raised as a Christian. My maternal grandmother was the daughter of a Jew but she was fully Christian in her belief. She was just a traditional Christian as was my mother. They posted Christian verses on their walls but never attend, or took me, to church. I had a couple of cousins that did.

I grew up with PTSD from age 3 (watching my brother burn to death). I was a real hellion. At 12 years I knew I had to change, I even hated myself. I sought Jesus from 12-14 years of age. I got discouraged then, but the word of God had changed me. I became agnostic until God was ready to call me back at 37 years. You might label me as Messianic since coming back. :cool:

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
It is quite ridiculous, I personally think people accuse me of other people, because they don't like me. It's o.k., I'm apparently am uneducated and unwanted. Hence the misfits thread. When I first joined chat, it was the same thing. "You are someone else!" Lafftur your o.k. in my book, so thanks for being a friend.

I do hope there are some Messianic believers, we are generally scorned for our law keeping beliefs.
What's a Messianic believer?

Not being rude, I don't know the doctrine.

Pleased to meet you.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Bill, what are you doing on "The uneducated Bible thread"? As the OP made it clear, it is not for people like you and I.:D
That's funny as well as confirming.

Maybe we should start a new thread.

Educated Bible thread.

Let the carnage begin.

Just gonna have to wipe up the tea on the floor as I laughed it out after reading your post.

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
Bill, what are you doing on "The uneducated Bible thread"? As the OP made it clear, it is not for people like you and I.:D
Oh silly me.

You ask me.

But what are you doing on the uneducated Bible thread as well?

Let's go starts a new one

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
What's a Messianic believer?

Not being rude, I don't know the doctrine.

Pleased to meet you.
Like he said we are the law keepers. We usually acknowledge sundown Friday to sundown Saturday as the Sabbath. Most are clean meat (or Kosher) eaters and some are vegetarians. There are many Church of God organizations that spun off the Adventist Movement of the late nineteenth century. Then there are the Jews For Jesus among these groups of Messianic believers as well as some Holy Names Groups. We all know Jesus was the promised Messiah, right? :)

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Like he said we are the law keepers. We usually acknowledge sundown Friday to sundown Saturday as the Sabbath. Most are clean meat (or Kosher) eaters and some are vegetarians. There are many Church of God organizations that spun off the Adventist Movement of the late nineteenth century. Then there are the Jews For Jesus among these groups of Messianic believers as well as some Holy Names Groups. We all know Jesus was the promised Messiah, right? :)
Not was, IS the promised Messiah!:love:

Apr 3, 2019
Paul stated that Christians are dead to the law and that it was the ministry of death:

(Rom 7:4 Therefore, my brethren, you also have become dead to the law through the body of Christ, that you may be married to another—to Him who was raised from the dead, that we should bear fruit to God).

(2 Cor 3:7 But if the ministry of death, written and engraved on stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of the glory of his countenance, which glory was passing away,)

Can you explain if you are dead to the law how can you still be alive to it?

And how does the ministry of death turn into the ministry of life in Christ?

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Not was, IS the promised Messiah!:love:
He over came death by the curse of the law and was resurrected and is still alive. The best part is He's comming back so get ready, stay ready and be ready as he will come like a thief in the night.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
For people that didnt study theology or go to Bible college. Is that what it means?

Seeker47

Aug 7, 2018
Unlike most people in church, I was not raised in a Christian home. My father was raised a strict Roman Catholic but fled the church at his first opportunity. He rarely shared his faith but did say he could not accept a god who would send someone to hell for not joining the church. He did instill in me a deep concern for those who are weaker and less fortunate. My mother was a very intelligent and well-read person and a humanist. They sent me to a local Baptist church, the church nearest to our house, but did not go themselves. In spite of all this I gave my heart to Jesus at age seven and ran from him for the next forty years. Sometime during this marathon, a very wise preacher told me that the only issue to resolve was the deity of Jesus Christ. When that is answered he said, all the other challenges would fall into place.

I was a police officer for many years and like most, saw and did things most people would avoid. There I was confronted with a choice, believe in the Risen Savior or believe in nothing at all. Through tears I chose the former. My minister friend was proven right.

I embraced the church but did not give up on my mother’s passion for knowledge. I have read most of the great Christian Classics and many of the more contemporary authors. From my father came a deep drive to help others. I found the two passions, church and the desire to help the weak did not always go well together.

In church I would instinctively reach out and approach those sitting alone, or those on the edge or were otherwise “different”. This was nearly always met with consternation. “You will be sorry if you get involved with them” or “Good luck with that” were the usual responses. The church was much better adapted to supporting other, more accomplished members. At best it would throw a few dollars at the problem and wash their hands of anything further.

It has been a struggle but I have learned to love the church, or at least love the individuals who go there. The church is an institution created by fallen man and we cannot expect it to be otherwise. I don’t expect to ever encounter Christ within those walls. But the second commission of the church, to support its members as they go into the world, is where God can be found. Not in hymns, sermons or programs but on the stink and bad breath of their fellow man.

I have learned to love what C. S. Lewis calls “The Church spread out through all time and space, rooted in eternity…” Not the building, not the denomination but the followers of Christ taking him at his word and living their lives fully committed to his will.

Mar 28, 2016
I wanted to start a thread for The latitude for 1150 North 50th Place, Milwaukee, WI, USA is: 43.045577 and the longitude is: -87.976565. that truly love the Bible, and the Faith. With friendly humor and a place where the misfits belong. You know who you are misfits. The Seventh Day Adventist, Messianic Believers, a non-mainstream voice, or no real identity with a church. If this sounds like you, this is your chance to share your faith in Christ and your understanding of scriptures. Please don't be dogmatic or overbearing. With that in mind, I'm not sure where to begin.

Let me think here.....

Still thinking....

Ummmm.....

O.k., what about the beginning? When did you find out you just don't belong to the mainstream of the Christian church?

I know there was many times things didn't really click for me going to the popular churches. For instance the pre-trib rapture that I was first indoctrinated with my early beginnings of going to Calvary Chapel. I was really interested in believing everything the church was teaching, but I just wanted to see the scriptures. When I asked the Bible teacher where the verses were, it didn't really make sense at all. So, I started on the path of the unknown finding the truth that made sense to me. The post tribulation rapture made much more sense to me, among other things.

That was really the doctrine that set my sails to the unknown. I was sorted of raptured out of blindly following the church to what it taught. No regrets! The path I went wasn't very clear, nor viewed by my friends, family, and fellow church goers as acceptable to say the least. Haven't really put all the pieces together as of yet, but I feel I'm better off setting my sails to the unknown. My walk with God has been a journey and always left pondering where I fit in.

Now your turn, I can keep going, but if there someone else out there the would like to share, the floor is yours so to speak.

According to his perfect law of faith he gives the simple ones his understanding. I am one that loves to study the faith that mutually works in us to defend us. . . . learning how to adjust the armor.

When I first believed I knew it was nothing to do with mainstream men who have different interpretations tools some picked up later as God cause the growth if any..

But it was the witness of the Spirit witnessing to my new born spirit that I am his child. to experience my first love of hearing .

Sects that walk by faith serve a purpose. But God is not served by human hands .The smallest sect is a family unit .

Where two or three gather together under the authority of His word as it is written, Emanuel is there working in mankind to both will and do His good pleasure. Paul who attended the best schools in respect to a law of men developed a false zeal for knowing God (through laws of man the temporal things seen ..no faith ) after his conversion he became a leader in the Nazarene sect. His prior sect the Pharisees with Sadducees sect put aside their differences and tried to destroy, all things written in the law and the prophets (sola scriptura)It became their nemesis.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
I have been known to march to the beat of a different drum..... Interesting idea for a thread.... I should misfit right in.

P

pottersclay

Ya know there are no misfits for those who love Christ Jesus. No lesser no greater for the greater one has come and gone and will return again.
It's not by scriptural knowledge that we enter in, nor by the lime light does God show favoritism, it's not what we know but who we know that makes us what we are.
Even the first 12 had different views, but the Lord loved them all the same. It's the matter of the heart and believing the Lord at his word.
Have you ever considered that the first second you are in the presence of the Lord (die) the Bible becomes obsolete?
This is the way secular society has taught us to think, let it be not so in the kingdom.
All of us play a important role in the kingdom, don't be fooled God has purposed us all.
I'm pre trib, I fellowship at Calvary chapel as well as others mid and post tribers alike.
If some one feel like a misfit because of there lack of knowledge of the Bible or beliefs in things of non salvational issues rest assured that at the great day when we return home our eyes will be opened and all of us in some form or fashion will stand corrected then asked to take a seat at the feast.
IMO there are no small bus window likers in the kingdom of God.
By the way ......if time allows....that pre trib thing........I'll explain on the way up.😀😀😀😀😀😏😏

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Outside the camps at first can be a lonely place to be, but every day is a bit warmer.