The "uneducated" Bible Thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

CharliRenee

Staff member
Nov 4, 2014
God loves us misfits. He gives us a place to call home, where we all EQUALLY belong. He designed us to be set apart, as we welcome and encourage others in His fold. YAY!!! You sound plenty savvy and educated to me. Um btw, you are a blessing, brother.

I need to go re-read your op. Did you ever find a church home? I pray you do.

oyster67

May 24, 2014
I have been known to march to the beat of a different drum..... Interesting idea for a thread.... I should misfit right in.
Amen, mom!

I loooove this thread:)

When did you find out you just don't belong to the mainstream of the Christian church?
First I went to a nondenom, then a Baptist, then a penticostal, then a mennonite, then, finally, to a really, really weidrdo hangout on the internet called CC. That's when I realized that I fit right in with a bunch of oddballs just like meself.

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
I wanted to start a thread for the non-scholar, simple minded, that truly love the Bible, and the Faith. With friendly humor and a place where the misfits belong. You know who you are misfits. The Seventh Day Adventist, Messianic Believers, a non-mainstream voice, or no real identity with a church. If this sounds like you, this is your chance to share your faith in Christ and your understanding of scriptures. Please don't be dogmatic or overbearing. With that in mind, I'm not sure where to begin.

Let me think here.....

Still thinking....

Ummmm.....

O.k., what about the beginning? When did you find out you just don't belong to the mainstream of the Christian church?

I know there was many times things didn't really click for me going to the popular churches. For instance the pre-trib rapture that I was first indoctrinated with my early beginnings of going to Calvary Chapel. I was really interested in believing everything the church was teaching, but I just wanted to see the scriptures. When I asked the Bible teacher where the verses were, it didn't really make sense at all. So, I started on the path of the unknown finding the truth that made sense to me. The post tribulation rapture made much more sense to me, among other things.

That was really the doctrine that set my sails to the unknown. I was sorted of raptured out of blindly following the church to what it taught. No regrets! The path I went wasn't very clear, nor viewed by my friends, family, and fellow church goers as acceptable to say the least. Haven't really put all the pieces together as of yet, but I feel I'm better off setting my sails to the unknown. My walk with God has been a journey and always left pondering where I fit in.

Now your turn, I can keep going, but if there someone else out there the would like to share, the floor is yours so to speak.
Hello kinda, :love:

This is the video and testimony you've been looking for.....

I love this guy's message - Nathan Wheeler. He has a facebook site called Yeshua Official. He's been through all the different religions - new age, budda, hindu, etc. everything. Then, he became a Christian because of meeting Kelly and Dan. Then, he went through all the churches and denominations.................lol! Same song, second verse. Lol!

Finally, he ended up with (same as me).........I follow Yeshua/Jesus, the Holy Bible, and the Holy Spirit....that's it.

He has his whole testimony on YouTube - it's a VERY long series that I have watched every minute of - times I wanted to walk away from his testimony because of the wrong path he had chosen but, God made me stay and listen and understand the path Nathan was on. It's kind of like a hard movie to watch but, it has a REALLY GOOD ending!

Nathan posted this video that is a brief summary of his encounter with Kelly and Dan that brought him to Yeshua/Jesus......

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Yea CC is the place. So far havent been chucked out of this forum. Its a miracle!

And good thing is, I can even share scriptures here and testify without having my head chopped off!

Mar 28, 2016
Outside the camps at first can be a lonely place to be, but every day is a bit warmer.
I have wondered in the usages of the words mountains and valleys used together in various parables .Mountains could represent the kingdoms or denominations of this world. and those as ambassadors sent took the gospel to the valleys as another kind of witness. Sort of like heaven (mountain) earth (valley).

The valleys would seem to represent Judah, the location of Bethlehem, Hebron and Jerusalem . The fertile land of green pastures. Jesus from the tribe of Judah came as Melchezedek our High Priest to establish the new order of priesthood . . .no longer after the flesh of a Levi represented by kingdoms . Now men and woman from all nations as valleys.

A call to bring together those used in a church setting as those who refer denomination titles and working in that setting as well as those who call themselves non-denomination . Which is a denomination in its self that hopes to get recognized as not part of a mainline.

We know where two or three are gathered under His name he is there. No such thing as non-denominational .We walk by faith .The kingdom does not come by observation. (what the eyes see) It would seem division was created to help us not kill each other off before we could have some understanding to walk in the Kingdom of the green valley as the peace of God that surpasses out understanding..

I think many like myself heard the gospel as part of that kind of setting. Paul began being nourished in a setting a sect or heresy. Called. . . The Nazarene sect or "the Way" provided protection from the world . He became a missionary to many different Christians sects or called churches like in Revelations ( He who has ears to hear what the Spirit is saying) to us to help aid in conforming to the image of Christ.

Not sure what happened to that denomination called the Nazarene?

Mark 13:13-15 King James Version (KJV) And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains: And let him that is on the housetop not go down into the house, neither enter therein, to take any thing out of his house:

The reformation revealed the abomination of desolations it continues to deceive , A call to unity.

P

pottersclay

So here's the thing, all twelve sitting around probably doing a little Bible study fellowship while resting. Testing the waters of their understanding. In walks this woman....well known for the wrong reasons. Carrying a box of expensive fragrance.
They all gasp and wait for the rebuke...one even says she wasted it on the Lord.
I think we could safely say she had no prior knowledge of scriptures if so very little. Ask yourself....did she get it right?
In that moment of the day who taught who?

Peter upon a roof top arguing with the Lord about dietary restriction. After the resurrection.

Saul knowing that old testament by heart didn't have a clue....but his true zeal for the Lord didn't go unnoticed. Just needs correction.

Got a joke for ya......there were these fishermen....a tax collector...a young lad ....even a traitor....o and don't forget the Pharisee of Pharisees.....all out to change the world. All were a motley Crew at best......wonder what happened?

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
So here's the thing, all twelve sitting around probably doing a little Bible study fellowship while resting. Testing the waters of their understanding. In walks this woman....well known for the wrong reasons. Carrying a box of expensive fragrance.
They all gasp and wait for the rebuke...one even says she wasted it on the Lord.
I think we could safely say she had no prior knowledge of scriptures if so very little. Ask yourself....did she get it right?
In that moment of the day who taught who?

Peter upon a roof top arguing with the Lord about dietary restriction. After the resurrection.

Saul knowing that old testament by heart didn't have a clue....but his true zeal for the Lord didn't go unnoticed. Just needs correction.

Got a joke for ya......there were these fishermen....a tax collector...a young lad ....even a traitor....o and don't forget the Pharisee of Pharisees.....all out to change the world. All were a motley Crew at best......wonder what happened?
Great post

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
In spite of all this I gave my heart to Jesus at age seven and ran from him for the next forty years. Sometime during this marathon, a very wise preacher told me that the only issue to resolve was the deity of Jesus Christ. When that is answered he said, all the other challenges would fall into place.
Those that God has given him he will not lose none of them.

I believed in Jesus at the same age.
Struggled for the next 40 years plus.
Ran away many a time.
Wherever I ran to he was already there waiting for me.

On one particular occasion when I came back to church after two years I was sat praying. Even during this time I missed him, but I couldn't seem to find a way back.
Very hurting (cause of me walking away) yet feeling very guilty and not worthy of Gods love.

In fact on the first day I went to the church that I'm still in someone who had never seen me came up to me as I was sat at the back of the church.

She said "I don't know you but God has said to me to tell you this

Jeremiah 29:11-14
11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you, says the Lord, and I will bring you back from your captivity; I will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you, says the Lord, and I will bring you to the place from which I cause you to be carried away captive. (Ps I had never read those verses)

So a day or two later I said to God "Im sorry I ran away from you"
He said to me "I knew where you were going to, so I prepared this place for you"

Then those verses actually hit home.

As Jesus said "I will lose none that the Father has given me"

Jesus does not lie.
Therefore he speaks truth only.

Thank you Jesus.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
The fishermen were smelly and would have appreciated perfume, notice she poured it all over Jesus FEET.

They still had their pride though, Judas thought she ought to have sold it so he could pocket the proceeds, and Peter wouldnt let Jesus wash his feet at first.

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
As Jesus said "I will lose none that the Father has given me"

Jesus does not lie.
Therefore he speaks truth only.

Thank you Jesus.
It seems we all have a tendency to run away from God. Like I testified, I earnestly sought God for 2 years at 12 years of age. I filled myself with scripture. When I got discouraged and gave up, God did not. God even talked to me when I was 33 years old ready to blow my brains out. He stopped that. I didn't realize it was God at the time, but looking back I do. He still didn't call me back for another 4 years, but He did then. Maybe I was accepted at 12 but God wanted me to experience doing it without Him. Maybe that was needed to fix my heart firmly on Him.

So do I believe in OSAS? It seems I do or else this verse means nothing: Heb. 12:2 "Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God."

If Jesus is doing this, He may let your lease out many times but He will always pull you back in. Praise His holy name. :cool:

BillG

Feb 15, 2017
It seems we all have a tendency to run away from God. Like I testified, I earnestly sought God for 2 years at 12 years of age. I filled myself with scripture. When I got discouraged and gave up, God did not. God even talked to me when I was 33 years old ready to blow my brains out. He stopped that. I didn't realize it was God at the time, but looking back I do. He still didn't call me back for another 4 years, but He did then. Maybe I was accepted at 12 but God wanted me to experience doing it without Him. Maybe that was needed to fix my heart firmly on Him.

So do I believe in OSAS? It seems I do or else this verse means nothing: Heb. 12:2 "Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God."

If Jesus is doing this, He may let your lease out many times but He will always pull you back in. Praise His holy name. :cool:
I remember once when walking my dog.
She had a lead that could be extended by the push of a button, but could be pulled back in.

When I used to extend the lead she would go off and start sniffing around and try to pull me.

It used to annoy me because I wanted her to walk beside me. So I would eventually bring her back in by pulling the lead back in.

One day when I got annoyed with her God said to me.

You are like your dog.
You go off on a tangent, dart here and there.
But just like you do with your dog the same I do with you.

I have the lead in my hands with you.
I have given you the freedom to walk, to walk with me and when you don't I snap the lead and draw you back in.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I think there are times when we are far from God only because we have gone astray not that hes left us because hes said I will never leave you nor forsake you.

Some people have this tendency to regard God as their genie, that he comes at their beck and call. It isnt like that at all. Our God is holy, he is God, we do our part, he does His, but his ways are higher than ours so we cant put God in a box and say Good God and treat Him like a dog!

That is so upside down that I got to thinking do these people even read the same Bible I read? The readers digest version perhaps? Actually i do ask them sometime and the answer is telling, they dont even read the Bible and get mighty offended when you suggest they read it.

What happens is and Ive observed this because i work with children in a library, and they PRETEND to read. Thats right. They might even have a book in their hands, but they just looking at the pictures. They are not actually reading word by word, sentence by sentence. No wonder they not getting it!

Its like people going to church, they dont even bring their bibles to check what the preacher is saying.

Anyway, I cant do much if people are intent on fooling themselves, but its really not a bad thing to actually sit down and read the Bible.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
For instance the pre-trib rapture that I was first indoctrinated with my early beginnings of going to Calvary Chapel. I was really interested in believing everything the church was teaching, but I just wanted to see the scriptures. When I asked the Bible teacher where the verses were, it didn't really make sense at all.
So you had a problem being given the Scriptures to support a pre-tribulation Rapture, and having them properly explained.

1. Did you search the Scriptures for yourself or did you simply believe the anti-pre-trib-rapture propaganda that has flooded the Internet?

2. Did you ask yourself what the Tribulation period is all about, and whether it has any connection to or significance for the Church?

3. Did you ask yourself what the Resurrection/Rapture is all about and how it relates to the perfection of the saints and the Second Coming of Christ?

While it is the duty of Bible teachers to provide the Scriptures for their teachings, and also expound them properly (rightly dividing the Word of Truth), it is also the privilege and the responsibility of individual Christians to study the Word diligently. Sadly, there are few churches where they will actually teach you how to study the Word.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
I hate to break it to you guys, but God never intended for any of His children to be like what y'all are describing. God/Jesus/Holy Spirit are ONE...........and His Church is to be ONE BODY. Not splintered outcasts seeking their own path. Everything Christ taught was about us being ONE BODY.........Paul as well.

If folks find themselves out of sync with the One Body, they need to step back and take stock of themselves, and the choices they are making. Not saying someone has to join some man created Denomination, but all believers are to be part of the One Body.

It's sad to hear folks speaking the way some of this sounds............may be just me, but it is truly sad. If a person is a blood bought, born again child of the Living God, and Jesus is Lord and Savior of their lives, and the Holy Spirit lives in their hearts............they MAY be outcasts from the world, but they are not outcasts from the One Body.

Far too many Scriptures to reveal this to post. Just read your Bibles............

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
Amen, mom!

I loooove this thread:)

First I went to a nondenom, then a Baptist, then a penticostal, then a mennonite, then, finally, to a really, really weidrdo hangout on the internet called CC. That's when I realized that I fit right in with a bunch of oddballs just like meself.
I bet the Mennonite was an interesting one.... Those are the folks that are a little more open than Amish right? I do love the idea of a simple life where family is the focus. Not sure I could live without a washer and dryer though...

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013

Well that is one thing I didn't know that we had in common. I tried to off myself when I was 40 and got Baker acted into a mental facility. Took me a little longer before I came back to God after that. But here I am now 64 and in such a much better place than I was at 40 and thanking God for saving my life more than once for real at 40 and spiritually also. So thankful for 24 more years of life and counting.

Grateful to be alive really alive.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
I hate to break it to you guys, but God never intended for any of His children to be like what y'all are describing. God/Jesus/Holy Spirit are ONE...........and His Church is to be ONE BODY. Not splintered outcasts seeking their own path. Everything Christ taught was about us being ONE BODY.........Paul as well.

If folks find themselves out of sync with the One Body, they need to step back and take stock of themselves, and the choices they are making. Not saying someone has to join some man created Denomination, but all believers are to be part of the One Body.

It's sad to hear folks speaking the way some of this sounds............may be just me, but it is truly sad. If a person is a blood bought, born again child of the Living God, and Jesus is Lord and Savior of their lives, and the Holy Spirit lives in their hearts............they MAY be outcasts from the world, but they are not outcasts from the One Body.

Far too many Scriptures to reveal this to post. Just read your Bibles............
I do feel like I'm part of the body of Christ but others try to make me feel like a misfit. It isn't because I don't feel like I belong it's just that they don't want me.

Why don't they want me? Because I don't totally agree with what they want me to agree with and why is that? Because what they are trying to tell me doesn't match up with the Bible as I read it. At that point I have to listen to God and what the Holy Spirit is telling me rather than traditions of churches.

I have found fellowship and agreement with many here on CC even though we aren't the same denomination. Why? Because they also allow God's Spirit to guide their life and understand what the Bible is trying to teach us with Holy Spirits guiding. We are on different levels in our learning and understanding but some of us do listen to each other and try to learn not condemning and proving points but listening and learning. Sanctification is a process.

Jesus said he had followers from different flocks but they hear his voice. If they are for us they can't be against us He told the disciples when someone was casting out demons in Jesus name. Other sheep have I Jesus said... So this thread is not all bad... or divisive.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
We are blessed to be cast out or aside for His sake,that is for the sake of Jesus, Yeshua, so rejoice.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011

I truly enjoy and love your testimony(ies). If I do not let you know, know I do...………….

Deade

Called of God
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, Oklahoma, USA
yeshuaofisrael.org
I truly enjoy and love your testimony(ies). If I do not let you know, know I do...………….
I appreciate you Jack and I will see you tomorrow. I think the more broken we are in the world, the more we appreciate God lifting us up from the mire. I fully realize I am nothing without Jesus. He even has me driving a nice Cadillac to drive around, but it means nothing for it is of the world. Not to say I can't enjoy for a while. It is a nice ride and an SUV which I am fond of.

He also gave me a five acre farmette in the Pine country of North Central Arkansas that I dreamed about as a teenager in the very same area I dreamed it. He then took it back away, no problem, it still meant nothing. I did manage to put my mother and brother in a room there so they could pass away amid loved ones. Then it came time to leave and I did. But He spoils me and it makes me chuckle. Because I build my treasure in heaven in New Jerusalem which Christ will bring to me when He is ready. These earthly things matter not. Nite ya all. :D