They say good Christians get attacked by Satan...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
You have to renounce ans break curses urself if u were in the occult. And ro get rid of most witchcraft and pride rebellion demons u need to fast and pray
Demi i know you got a background in that. I was also dabbling with it and overall just living a wicked demonic lifestyle, so can you tell me some SIGNS of having a possible curse or any other "left over" from that world? how can we tell?

P

pottersclay

The demon of this the demon of that where do you find that in scripture? Give me a break. Made up hoopla.
Flip Wilson in the seventies all over again 😕😕😕

If you think by any stretch of the imagination that your such a threat to Satan that he sends his kroonies to come against you that's where the problem lies. Please don't flatter yourself.

Deliverance ministry what is that ...prayer with a banjo....show me in scripture.

Now don't get me wrong there are demonic forces that hinder, obsess, depress, I'm not saying that there not, but to blame bad habits and bad thoughts, along with bad actions on evil influence get real.
Sorry but I've seen too many saints go down this road....that in it's self is a sin.
Demi is right, if you were involved in occultism of any sort....repent...fast ...pray. The Lord will clean house.
Throw all the books, symbols, what ever in the trash. Burn them if it makes you feel better.

Abramham made and sold Demi Statues...he lived in a pagan society. In fact his first covenant with God was pagan.

Crossnote is right about job...(my gosh his story always gets mislead)....Satan tells God the only reason job worships him is because of the hedge God built around him. Not so says the Lord...and the story unfolds.

Sorry if I affended anyone with my bluntness.......then again not😎😎

P

pottersclay

spiritual warfare isnt nonsense. if you havent done no spiritual warfare, that doesnt mean its not real.

hush hush. sit down?
If I had the time brother.....you wouldn't sleep for a month......no lie😉😉

maverich

Jun 27, 2017
Sometimes I'm mystified by what Bible some of you read
To start off there are demons and they are real and they do attack higher levels higher devils to put it bluntly if you're following the trail the Jesus laid out for you you will run into opposition and the closer you get to where you're going the more opposition you'll run into
As to Job.
That was a loving father bragging about his son to the devil this all started with God you notice he said do what you want but don't hurt him Satan went after his flock because the hedges built their sacrifice once all his flocks and herds we're
gone Satan had carte blanche to do his will and to say he was depressed I think if I lost my family my children my wealth my Holmes yeah I might be a little depressed myself of course perfect Christians are never depressed because that would be ungodly as to a lie elihu
If you understand scripture he was a representative of Jesus the other three were the religious sect he had to have done something wrong there is no way God would let this happen if he hadn't done something wrong the young man steps in and says no and he understood what was going on and he explained it to Jobe the thing about the Bible if you read it with fear it'll always represent fear if you read it would love in a represent love and that would be the love of the father

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
As for named demons, someone here has made mention of legion.

As for being self-important or not we should never minimize the warfare we must paricipate in.

7seasrekeyed

If there is demonic influence you would know it. The enemy that most need deliverance from is themselves. They prefer to name an outside entity inflicting problems in their life, because they can’t accept the real enemy is their desires. Human conditioning, societal brain washing, is what programs our thoughts. Once you submit to God, you no longer serve yourself. This is harder to do for some. It is our lusts that tempt us, not Satan’s.

dig a little deeper into scripture

you may come back with a better understanding

7seasrekeyed

What church do you attend where they claim to have modern day prophets on hand?

These so-called prophets did not teach you about wearing the full armor of God?
These so-called prophets did not teach you about how to put the "Hedge" of God on your life?
These so-called prophets did not teach you how to place the angels of our Father God around us?
These so-called prophets did not instruct you about what Paul wrote concerning our enemy (principalities -invisible)?
These so-called prophets did not instruct you how to properly address the enemy during spiritual warfare (Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world)?
These so-called prophets did not instruct you how to rebuke Satan and order him to get thee behind you in the NAME of JESUS?

How can anyone be a prophet and not understand how to teach someone else to live in VICTORY?

oh good grief

tie her up in a chair and put a spotlight on her

sheesh

O

obedienttogod

oh good grief

tie her up in a chair and put a spotlight on her

sheesh

If she cannot handle how I questioned her, she will get her butt handed to her by the enemy without a doubt. And any church that proclaims to have modern day prophets, but they do not teach the basics, is NO church I would attend nor encourage my worst human enemy to attend!!

GraceAndTruth

Sep 28, 2015
Satan is a created being under God's authority and divine purpose as all His creation is.

1 God's people are protected from Satan, the Holy Spirit indwells every believer and the HS and Satan cannot occupy the same space.
2 With Job, Satan had to ask God for PERMISSION to test Job.
3 Satan has been bound from deceiving the elect of the nation

Too much of what are the natural tendencies of the natural man to sin is passed off as "the devil made me do it" Satan's temptations are alwasy contrary to the word of God.

Christians and non-Christians are subject to the temptatoins of the world, but not all temptations are sins against God. We should use the 10 commandments as oneof our tutors on moral behavior.

Resist the devil (temptations) and he will flee from you

Nov 26, 2012
dig a little deeper into scripture

you may come back with a better understanding
Scripture is exactly where I get my understanding. Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: (James 1:13)But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. (James 1:14)Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. (James 1:15)

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
Fam,

I'm here to discuss demonic attack on Christians, spiritual warfare, etc.

Man, in my church, they just DON'T talk about the spiritual realm or spiritual warfare. You'll never hear the word "demon" or "Satan" come out of any Pastor's mouth at my church. Even the congregation prefers the non-threatening title "The enemy".

But, acknowledging the spiritual has opened my eyes to the things of God. I am even more clearly able to see God's hand, protection and provision.

Demonic attack - it happens. But how often, and in what forms? I am a bit of a black and white person. Logically, I know I get attacked by Satan's camp for trying to obey God. But somehow, I must not be very obedient, because... I'm not constantly in pain or having financial issues?????? But I do have a spirit of rejection that causes me to isolate and not serve God at times when it counts. But is that bad enough? (I did try to deliver myself, in the name of Jesus)

Perhaps those who are God's have a hedge of protection around them that wards off many attacks. God does allow for some things to come upon you, as seen in Job. But wasn't Job tested by Satan because of his pride? And, I have seen where demons or wayward spirits became angry with people in the occult for attempting to send them after Christians covered in the blood of Jesus!

Ah, well. The spiritual realm *is* truly a mystery,. Not following a script, not black and white. Angels may be protecting us as we type here. Blessed be the name of our Lord and Father, may His kingdom come.

Discuss: Speerit Tings
God PROMISES that we will be attacked -

John 12:25
Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life.

John 15:19
If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

James 4:4
Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? Whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

1 John 2:15
Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

1 Corinthians 4:11
Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwelling place; 12 And labor, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it: 13 Being defamed, we entreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the off scouring of all things unto this day. 14 I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you."

2 Corinthians 12:10
That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Matthew 5:3
“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 4 Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. 5 Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. 6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. 7 Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. 8 Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. 9 Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. 10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 11 Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Luke 6:20
“Blessed are you who are poor, for yours is the kingdom of God. 21 Blessed are you who hunger now, for you will be satisfied. Blessed are you who weep now, for you will laugh. 22 Blessed are you when people hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man. 23 “Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven. For that is how their ancestors treated the prophets. 24 “But woe to you who are rich, for you have already received your comfort. 25 Woe to you who are well fed now, for you will go hungry. Woe to you who laugh now, for you will mourn and weep. 26 Woe to you when everyone speaks well of you, for that is how their ancestors treated the false prophets.

Matthew 10:22
You will be hated by everyone because of Me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

Philippians 1:21
For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. 22 If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! 23 I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; 24 but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body. 25 Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith

1 Thessalonians 3:7
Therefore, brothers and sisters, in all our distress and persecution we were encouraged about you because of your faith. 8 For now we really live, since you are standing firm in the Lord.

7seasrekeyed

Scripture is exactly where I get my understanding. Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: (James 1:13)But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. (James 1:14)Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. (James 1:15)
like said dig deeper

was there a question about God tempting?

I didn't see it

it seems you stated the enemy is the person if I understood you; your post is somewhat garbled

7seasrekeyed

If she cannot handle how I questioned her, she will get her butt handed to her by the enemy without a doubt. And any church that proclaims to have modern day prophets, but they do not teach the basics, is NO church I would attend nor encourage my worst human enemy to attend!!
oh good for you

however, you were not helpful to the op

frankly, I would run from someone who thinks you blast someone seeking help

Sep 3, 2018
All I know about demons is that Jesus cast them out of people. Jesus also instructed us not to attempt to communicate with them. It's a case of hear no evil, speak no evil, see no evil for me. Meaning I have no desire to focus on them.

Job is a different matter and is key to understanding a significant portion of the OT. To understand Job start by clearing your mind of everything that you have been told to believe by other people and of any fiction. Something to keep in mind is that satan means adversary in hebrew. Concerning the Satan in Job, what is his role? He is the same satan that tempted Jesus after he was baptised. Why did God ask Satan if he had considered Job? Apologies for answering by asking questions. I'd be robbing you of something if I just layed it all out.

Apr 15, 2017
But wasn't Job tested by Satan because of his pride?
Job was not tested because of his pride.

Job 1:1 There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.

Job 1:8 And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?

God said Job was a perfect and an upright man, so Job could of not had pride in that condition, for God resists the proud, but gives grace unto the humble, and God favored Job.

Job 1:9 Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?
Job 1:10 Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.
Job 1:11 But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.
Job 1:12 And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD.

Satan said that Job fears God, and acknowledges Him as his God, only because God has blessed Job, and gave him a beautiful life where he flourished, and his children flourished, and the works of his hands flourished, and was protected from his enemies.

But Satan said if you take away all that he has, and make his life miserable, and not to flourish anymore, he will curse you to your face, for Job only cares about You because you bless him abundantly, more than he needs, and bless his children too.

So God allowed Satan to have power over all Job had including his children.

Job 1:5 And it was so, when the days of their feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts. Thus did Job continually.

Also Job offered burnt offerings for his children, so they would be right with God, which I believe that God would of not allowed Satan to go through having power over all Job had if his children were not right with God, which He said precious in the sight of Him is the death of His saints, for they are then with Him.

But Job endured and got through the trial, and did not curse God, and was blessed even more at the latter end than at the beginning.

Job 42:10 And the LORD turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before.
Job 42:12 So the LORD blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning: for he had fourteen thousand sheep, and six thousand camels, and a thousand yoke of oxen, and a thousand she asses.
Job 42:13 He had also seven sons and three daughters.

D

dokimos

The demon of this the demon of that where do you find that in scripture? Give me a break. Made up hoopla.
Flip Wilson in the seventies all over again 😕😕😕

If you think by any stretch of the imagination that your such a threat to Satan that he sends his kroonies to come against you that's where the problem lies. Please don't flatter yourself.

Deliverance ministry what is that ...prayer with a banjo....show me in scripture.

Now don't get me wrong there are demonic forces that hinder, obsess, depress, I'm not saying that there not, but to blame bad habits and bad thoughts, along with bad actions on evil influence get real.
Sorry but I've seen too many saints go down this road....that in it's self is a sin.
Demi is right, if you were involved in occultism of any sort....repent...fast ...pray. The Lord will clean house.
Throw all the books, symbols, what ever in the trash. Burn them if it makes you feel better.

Abramham made and sold Demi Statues...he lived in a pagan society. In fact his first covenant with God was pagan.

Crossnote is right about job...(my gosh his story always gets mislead)....Satan tells God the only reason job worships him is because of the hedge God built around him. Not so says the Lord...and the story unfolds.

Sorry if I affended anyone with my bluntness.......then again not😎😎
I never said a demon of this or that. It is a "spirit", which I guess you could call a demon if you want to, but Jesus would cast out spirits and demons during his ministry.

D

dokimos

Job was not tested because of his pride.

Job 1:1 There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.

Job 1:8 And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?

God said Job was a perfect and an upright man, so Job could of not had pride in that condition, for God resists the proud, but gives grace unto the humble, and God favored Job.

Job 1:9 Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?
Job 1:10 Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.
Job 1:11 But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.
Job 1:12 And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD.

Satan said that Job fears God, and acknowledges Him as his God, only because God has blessed Job, and gave him a beautiful life where he flourished, and his children flourished, and the works of his hands flourished, and was protected from his enemies.

But Satan said if you take away all that he has, and make his life miserable, and not to flourish anymore, he will curse you to your face, for Job only cares about You because you bless him abundantly, more than he needs, and bless his children too.

So God allowed Satan to have power over all Job had including his children.

Job 1:5 And it was so, when the days of their feasting were gone about, that Job sent and sanctified them, and rose up early in the morning, and offered burnt offerings according to the number of them all: for Job said, It may be that my sons have sinned, and cursed God in their hearts. Thus did Job continually.

Also Job offered burnt offerings for his children, so they would be right with God, which I believe that God would of not allowed Satan to go through having power over all Job had if his children were not right with God, which He said precious in the sight of Him is the death of His saints, for they are then with Him.

But Job endured and got through the trial, and did not curse God, and was blessed even more at the latter end than at the beginning.

Job 42:10 And the LORD turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before.
Job 42:12 So the LORD blessed the latter end of Job more than his beginning: for he had fourteen thousand sheep, and six thousand camels, and a thousand yoke of oxen, and a thousand she asses.
Job 42:13 He had also seven sons and three daughters.
Job's sin was pride, though God called him blameless. His pride comes out throughout the progression of the book and God humbles him. From his humility, God blesses him twice as much. It does not come right out and say that Job's sin is pride, but it is obvious throughout the book.

D

dokimos

What church do you attend where they claim to have modern day prophets on hand?

These so-called prophets did not teach you about wearing the full armor of God?
These so-called prophets did not teach you about how to put the "Hedge" of God on your life?
These so-called prophets did not teach you how to place the angels of our Father God around us?
These so-called prophets did not instruct you about what Paul wrote concerning our enemy (principalities -invisible)?
These so-called prophets did not instruct you how to properly address the enemy during spiritual warfare (Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world)?
These so-called prophets did not instruct you how to rebuke Satan and order him to get thee behind you in the NAME of JESUS?

How can anyone be a prophet and not understand how to teach someone else to live in VICTORY?
It is no secret that I actually do not like my church. I believe only about 2 or 3 out of probably like 15 prophets at my church are legit. I get most of my doctrine from ministers like Mark Fox, Joe Schimmel and Derek Prince and digging in the bible on my own.

One of the prophets actually uses "Greater is He in you than who is in the world" on me a lot lol. The legit one.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
Yes, I was a 10 year practitioner of Astrology and its New Age cousin, Secret Language (of Birthdays). I had deliverance prayer a few months ago and have had a better spirit life, but wondering if I need additional prayer? I verbally attempted to cast out any unclean spirits today.

Two prophets at my church prayed deliverance over me.

I asked the same prophet recently to pray that I would not have a Pharisee/religious spirit. I am glad to have read The Pharisee and the Tax Collector! I just realized today from watching someone's video on Youtube that Job was afflicted due to his PRIDE... The chief sin! We will SUFFER with pride. It causes humans to be SO toxic!!! And when you are caught up in it, you are BLIND to it, but you stick out like a sore thumb!
Job was actually blameless but God allowed him to be tormented by Satan for a season because Satan accused Job of not really being righteous because he had a hedge around him put there by God. God removed the hedge but not because of Job's pride. I don't believe that there is any mention that Job had pride. His three friends accused him about a bunch of things though, but the thing is, none of them were true. Job remained faithful to God through the entire ordeal.